United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
they reduce the amount of blood lost on a cycle by regulating it (I give blood transfusions regularly to women who are losing enough blood to go dangerous anemic on their cycles)
Yikes. Do they tend to be women who are trying to get pregnant, or is it more that birth control isn't affordable for them?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I knew this girl who had contraception injections, as she was livng in sin with a guy and didnt want his children. Anyway she always complained of migraines. I thought there must be some connection with what she was being injected with and migraines, and she also had to take more drugs to combat the migraines.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
She was like the woman who bled for years who only had to reached out to touch Jesus by the hem of his garment and she was made whole.

You know Jesus never prescribed drugs for any ailment..he wasnt that kind of physician.
I think many doctors these days are misguided as to how to treat people and often just dump a whole lot of drugs to deal with symptoms, also without checking the consequences.

I know when i was precribed drugs it was a nightmare dealing with side effects and got told to take even more to deal with side effects.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Disclaimer: I know that this is a singles' forum and therefore none of us should be in a position in life to be using or contemplating contraception.

So I know that there are some very vocal parties who are anti-contraception and believe that as one of the main purposes of marriage is to be fruitful and multiply, it is sinful to hinder God's plans for our families I.e. prevent pregnancy.

I am currently using a contraceptive pill to keep my hormones under control and keep my acne at bay, but I am single and a virgin, so there's no chance for me to be hindering pregnancy by this use. I am currently undecided on whether the use of it in marriage is sinful or not, but it I arrive at that conclusion, I will plan to discontinue use a few months before I get married.

What are your thoughts?

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with using birth control.

Show me by using scripture how it is sinful?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I knew this girl who had contraception injections, as she was livng in sin with a guy and didnt want his children. Anyway she always complained of migraines. I thought there must be some connection with what she was being injected with and migraines, and she also had to take more drugs to combat the migraines.
Or maybe she just had migraines? It's possible that there was a connection, but it's strange that you would assume that's the cause when you aren't a doctor, much less her doctor.
You know Jesus never prescribed drugs for any ailment..he wasnt that kind of physician.
He wasn't a physician.

And where would he have gotten drugs...?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Yikes. Do they tend to be women who are trying to get pregnant, or is it more that birth control isn't affordable for them?

It has nothing to do with trying to get pregnant or not. Hormones regulate how heavy a woman's period is...so by not letting them cycle too high or too low controls the period. When I was younger , my period was about 4 days on the pills...without, it was easily 7 days. Birth control pills are not magical medicine...they are hormones..

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
She was like the woman who bled for years who only had to reached out to touch Jesus by the hem of his garment and she was made whole.

I think many doctors these days are misguided as to how to treat people and often just dump a whole lot of drugs to deal with symptoms, also without checking the consequences.

I know when i was precribed drugs it was a nightmare dealing with side effects and got told to take even more to deal with side effects.

I see Jesus every day in the hospital ... He is wearing scrubs and looks like a nurse, a doctor, a physical therapist, and even the volunteers that bring in the dogs to pet. To not give people medicine means to make them suffer and often die early deaths.

It is easy for a healthy person to say "don't take drugs because they will kill you". Not sure you would be so brave to tell the 32 year old woman with end stage renal failure and congestive heart failure the same thing....or the 45 year old woman who has a huge ovarian cancer that presented as a stomach ache.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Migraines are not well understood at this point. Some are caused by hormonal fluxuations...so maybe the birth control pill added to the migraines. It also sounds like either they ruled it out as the cause (her doctor would know the same thing I do) or she decided the benefit outweighed the risk and wanted to continue taking them.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Never trust anything that bleeds for 5 to 7 days but never dies.

I believe the only group in the Christian community that has a problem with the pill is the Catholics but I am probable wrong on this matter but growing up in a Baptist home I never recall it ever being talked about and all my sisters were on it by the time they were 16. One sister even had one implanted in her arm. My sisters were total [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. They were all about sex, drugs and being mean to everybody.

I feel the sin is premarital sex but if a married woman wants to take the pill so she can stay in the work force or just don't want kids then I have no problem with it.

Women coming up to menopausal years can bleed for literally weeks at a time....

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't see any problems with contraceptives in general... But I admit that some types of contraception are tricky from an ethical point of view.

Now, I am against abortion, and some types of pills act on eggs that have been fertilized. Are such pills "abortifacient" or not?

I don't have a clear answer to this; I think it is a difficult philosophical question... When does "life" begin?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I don't see any problems with contraceptives in general... But I admit that some types of contraception are tricky from an ethical point of view.

Now, I am against abortion, and some types of pills act on eggs that have been fertilized. Are such pills "abortifacient" or not?

I don't have a clear answer to this, as this is somewhat tricky philosophical question... When does "life" begin?

Those are not what is referred to as "Birth control pills".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Yes I know. One of my sisters just had all her stuff taken out because she had been bleeding for so long. I don't even understand your guys systems so please keep me in the dark about this stuff. I can build motors, weld, build motorcycles, run CNC machinery but I still have not figured out the woman's reproductive system and I don't want it. Its 10% physical and 90% emotional. Women can say the word uterus and then they have to give each other hugs because they understand each other and are sharing a common bond.

No, it is a lot more "physical" than 10% or else we wouldn't have to remove the female organs so much of the time. The physical is what drives the emotional...and no, I don't give anyone a hug at the mention of a "uterus". Men are 100% more fascinated with and like to discuss their male parts than any woman wants to talk about what happens "down there".

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It has nothing to do with trying to get pregnant or not. Hormones regulate how heavy a woman's period is...so by not letting them cycle too high or too low controls the period. When I was younger , my period was about 4 days on the pills...without, it was easily 7 days. Birth control pills are not magical medicine...they are hormones..
Oh. I thought that excessive blood loss during periods was one of the conditions that is usually treated with birth control. If that's not the case, then nevermind, my mistake.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Uterine fibroids are another reason why some women have heavy menstrual cycles and are put on the pill. Some are anemic and have to take iron pills because of the loss of blood. I'm just saying...
I didn't disagree...that is also why women get myomectomies and hysterectomies... but they are often put on the pill first to regulate the flow

Upvote 0