Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Police have arrested the guy who hit the conservative recruiter. The university has condemned the attack.
Conservative activist attack on UC Berkeley campus: Charges possible for attacker - CNNPolitics
CNN said:
UC Berkeley said campus police arrested Zachary Greenberg Friday. Greenberg has bonded out of jail and his arraignment is set for Wednesday.

I haven't seen anyone support Mr. Greenberg's violence. The university has said he wasn't a student there. Where are all the lefties claiming that he's a very fine person?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Police have arrested the guy who hit the conservative recruiter. The university has condemned the attack.
Conservative activist attack on UC Berkeley campus: Charges possible for attacker - CNNPolitics

I haven't seen anyone support Mr. Greenberg's violence. The university has said he wasn't a student there. Where are all the lefties claiming that he's a very fine person?

Indeed. I don't think liberals are typically violent aggressors with an ideological commitment to the use of force. Certainly not on par with the institutionalized violence that is par for the course for paleo-conservativism.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't know why anyone would say anything good about him He needs to be charged and receive his punishment. I not crazy about one non religious Conservative. But I don't beat him up.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Where are all the lefties claiming that he's a very fine person?
You could probably find some among the mobs who turned the campus into a war zone in 2017 and threaten to do it again any time a conservative tries to speak there.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You could probably find some among the mobs who turned the campus into a war zone in 2017 and threaten to do it again any time a conservative tries to speak there.
"Probably" and "any time"? Huh. It doesn't count unless you have a real person, not just a boogeyman or two.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Probably" and "any time"? Huh. It doesn't count unless you have a real person, not just a boogeyman or two.
:scratch: You can find plenty of video on it. Those are real people.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Yet he never used force to stop anyone from doing anything....

So he's nowhere near as bad as the left.
Remind me again which political ideologies were endorsed by the guy who drove his car into a crowd of protesters killing one and injuring several more?

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Glad at least one of you does.

Does it trouble you to see others on the left basically trying to find ways to excuse this violence?

I'm not arguing that he doesn't have power or influence...he's the president after all.

He also has an opinion though which he is allowed to speak.

Well, he came out as really against kneeling in protest of the anthem....and no one used any violence against Kaepernick....so your argument here falls pretty flat.
I don't know, refusing to hire a talented QB because of his stance could be construed as economic violence.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I thought there are laws in place to protect the US flag, even when a flag touches the ground? Free speech is free within the laws, whether they are federal, state, local, and private...yes?
The flag code is not a criminal statute nor does it authorize force against anyone who violates it, especially not someone who is not a member of law enforcement. Not to mention that the Supreme Court ruled that burning the US flag is protected speech under the First Amendment 30 years ago.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
What has POTUS said that incites violence? can you provide quotes in context?
Repeatedly referring to the non-Fox press as the enemy of the people for one. What do some people do to enemies? They attack them.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I explained in what way, but it appears you did not understand it, otherwise you would not have asked the question, if we could call it that, in the first instance. Maybe someone who has served in the US Military can explain this better to you, I have not. I'd also appreciate if you could refrain from using my username to goad. Thanks.
I served in the military, both as enlisted and as an officer. Flag burning or kneeling during the national anthem is not disrespectful to the military no matter how many times people claim otherwise. The lawful exercise of our constitutionally guaranteed rights is what military members have been dying for for over two hundred years.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

New Birth

Jan 18, 2019
Vicksburg
✟22,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
I served in the military, both as enlisted and as an officer. Flag burning or kneeling during the national anthem is not disrespectful to the military no matter how many times people claim otherwise. The lawful exercise of our constitutionally guaranteed rights is what military members have been dying for for over two hundred years.
there are plenty of documented instances of Veterans stopping people from burning and disrespecting the Flag. You should look a little closer before making a blanket statement as the above.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Is someone attacking the press? '
Annapolis journalists killed in 'targeted attack' on Capital Gazette

Trump supporter attacks BBC cameraman at El Paso rally

Donald Trump praises Gianforte for assault on Guardian reporter

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-trump-rally-20170326-story.html
Reporter and photographers say they were assaulted by Trump supporters at Huntington Beach rally
The mindset of the left is violence being justifiable for anything that ruffles their feathers.
Glad to see you know the mindset of half the country based on a few individuals. I suppose I could gauge the mindset of the right based on these people:

index.jpeg

I mean the President of the United States did call them "very fine people", right?

• Informative
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
there are plenty of documented instances of Veterans stopping people from burning and disrespecting the Flag. You should look a little closer before making a blanket statement as the above.
And they were wrong to do so. They, as veterans, not only broke the law (assault) but violated another person's constitutional rights. Rights that, as military, they swore an oath to protect.

Upvote 0

New Birth

Jan 18, 2019
Vicksburg
✟22,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
And they were wrong to do so. They, as veterans, not only broke the law (assault) but violated another person's constitutional rights. Rights that, as military, they swore an oath to protect.
Remember when Jesus ran the people out of the temple with a whip? Was that assault or righteous indignation? I guess I see the Veterans that stand for the reverence of the flag sort of the same way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought there are laws in place to protect the US flag, even when a flag touches the ground? Free speech is free within the laws, whether they are federal, state, local, and private...yes?
Some people worship the flag a bit much. I typically throw old flags in the trash. I think is better than keeping it the garage.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
very leftist to blame anyone but the perpetrator for crimes committed. Its the person that commits the crime that should be held responsible not Mr. President Trump.
Then I guess Charles Manson should never have been sent to jail. In fact, according to the prosecutor of his case, Manson convinced three of followers to try to tell the court that he had nothing to do with the planning and execution of the murders.

Also, we need to take "incitement to riot" out of the criminal code.

Jussie Smollett also claimed he was beaten up by Trump supporters. Was Mr. President to blame for that one too?
Why on earth would you think such a ridiculous notion?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mindset of the left is violence being justifiable for anything that ruffles their feathers.

Speaking of someone making blanket statements... this is one of them. As I shared before, I have been involved in political and social justice activism for almost 30 years and the only violence I have ever encountered firsthand or witnessed over these years has been from conservatives, not liberals.

(1) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have cursed me and have been aggressive toward me for refusing to stand for the National Anthem or for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

(2) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have cursed me and have been physically aggressive toward me for holding the American flag upside down during a public protest and demonstration.

(3) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have been consistently opposed over the years to my activism efforts concerning Native American and LGBT related political and social justice issues.

(4) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have repeatedly cursed at me and told me that if I don't love America, then I can get the you know what out of the country and never come back.

(5) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have consistently mocked, insulted, disrespected, demeaned and disparaged Native Americans and their heritage and culture over the years.

(6) It has been liberals, not conservatives, who have been consistently compassionate and supportive of me during the last 28 years I have been involved in political and social justice activism.

• Winner
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Remember when Jesus ran the people out of the temple with a whip? Was that assault or righteous indignation?
It was both.

I guess I see the Veterans that stand for the reverence of the flag sort of the same way.
Veterans (I am one BTW) aren't Jesus and neither are they sworn law enforcement officers (most of the time). If they are LEOs and did that, they would be going to jail.[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Some people worship the flag a bit much. I typically throw old flags in the trash. I think is better than keeping it the garage.
Next time, give it to your local Scout Troop. They'll dispose of it in a respectful manner.

Upvote 0