• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Conservative Activist Attacked at Berkeley

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Ana the Ist, Feb 25, 2019.

1. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,963
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Police have arrested the guy who hit the conservative recruiter. The university has condemned the attack.
    Conservative activist attack on UC Berkeley campus: Charges possible for attacker - CNNPolitics
    I haven't seen anyone support Mr. Greenberg's violence. The university has said he wasn't a student there. Where are all the lefties claiming that he's a very fine person?

2. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,491
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Indeed. I don't think liberals are typically violent aggressors with an ideological commitment to the use of force. Certainly not on par with the institutionalized violence that is par for the course for paleo-conservativism.

3. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,486
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't know why anyone would say anything good about him He needs to be charged and receive his punishment. I not crazy about one non religious Conservative. But I don't beat him up.

4. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+15,414
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    You could probably find some among the mobs who turned the campus into a war zone in 2017 and threaten to do it again any time a conservative tries to speak there.

5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,963
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    "Probably" and "any time"? Huh. It doesn't count unless you have a real person, not just a boogeyman or two.

6. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+15,414
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    :scratch: You can find plenty of video on it. Those are real people.

7. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    Remind me again which political ideologies were endorsed by the guy who drove his car into a crowd of protesters killing one and injuring several more?

8. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    I don't know, refusing to hire a talented QB because of his stance could be construed as economic violence.

9. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    The flag code is not a criminal statute nor does it authorize force against anyone who violates it, especially not someone who is not a member of law enforcement. Not to mention that the Supreme Court ruled that burning the US flag is protected speech under the First Amendment 30 years ago.

10. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    Repeatedly referring to the non-Fox press as the enemy of the people for one. What do some people do to enemies? They attack them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    I served in the military, both as enlisted and as an officer. Flag burning or kneeling during the national anthem is not disrespectful to the military no matter how many times people claim otherwise. The lawful exercise of our constitutionally guaranteed rights is what military members have been dying for for over two hundred years.

12. New Birth

New Birth Well-Known Member

+196
    United States
    Oneness
    Married
    there are plenty of documented instances of Veterans stopping people from burning and disrespecting the Flag. You should look a little closer before making a blanket statement as the above.

13. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    Annapolis journalists killed in 'targeted attack' on Capital Gazette

Trump supporter attacks BBC cameraman at El Paso rally

Donald Trump praises Gianforte for assault on Guardian reporter

Reporter and photographers say they were assaulted by Trump supporters at Huntington Beach rally
    Glad to see you know the mindset of half the country based on a few individuals. I suppose I could gauge the mindset of the right based on these people:

index.jpeg

I mean the President of the United States did call them "very fine people", right?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    And they were wrong to do so. They, as veterans, not only broke the law (assault) but violated another person's constitutional rights. Rights that, as military, they swore an oath to protect.

15. New Birth

New Birth Well-Known Member

+196
    United States
    Oneness
    Married
    Remember when Jesus ran the people out of the temple with a whip? Was that assault or righteous indignation? I guess I see the Veterans that stand for the reverence of the flag sort of the same way.

16. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,486
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Some people worship the flag a bit much. I typically throw old flags in the trash. I think is better than keeping it the garage.

17. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    Then I guess Charles Manson should never have been sent to jail. In fact, according to the prosecutor of his case, Manson convinced three of followers to try to tell the court that he had nothing to do with the planning and execution of the murders.

Also, we need to take "incitement to riot" out of the criminal code.

Why on earth would you think such a ridiculous notion?

18. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,222
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Speaking of someone making blanket statements... this is one of them. As I shared before, I have been involved in political and social justice activism for almost 30 years and the only violence I have ever encountered firsthand or witnessed over these years has been from conservatives, not liberals.

(1) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have cursed me and have been aggressive toward me for refusing to stand for the National Anthem or for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

(2) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have cursed me and have been physically aggressive toward me for holding the American flag upside down during a public protest and demonstration.

(3) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have been consistently opposed over the years to my activism efforts concerning Native American and LGBT related political and social justice issues.

(4) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have repeatedly cursed at me and told me that if I don't love America, then I can get the you know what out of the country and never come back.

(5) It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have consistently mocked, insulted, disrespected, demeaned and disparaged Native Americans and their heritage and culture over the years.

(6) It has been liberals, not conservatives, who have been consistently compassionate and supportive of me during the last 28 years I have been involved in political and social justice activism.

19. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    It was both.

Veterans (I am one BTW) aren't Jesus and neither are they sworn law enforcement officers (most of the time). If they are LEOs and did that, they would be going to jail.[/quote]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  20. Queller

Queller I'm where?

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Others
    Next time, give it to your local Scout Troop. They'll dispose of it in a respectful manner.