• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Conservative Activist Attacked at Berkeley

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Ana the Ist, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,222
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I would like more context before I make any judgments on the video too.

2. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+5,642
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I'd swear you were just arguing that you were going to continue "believing the victim" in another thread....

Did you perhaps change your mind?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Ana the Ist

+5,642
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    What would you like?

4. Shiloh Raven

+11,222
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I would like more information because I don't want to jump to an unfair judgment like I did with the MAGA hat teenagers. I was fair too quick to judge that story without getting sufficient information.

5. Ana the Ist

+5,642
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Yeah...I've seen a number of people on the left make the claim that words=violence.

Thankfully, as far as ideas the left has been floating around in this grand discussion it's having with itself....that one seems too stupid to gain much traction.

6. Ana the Ist

+5,642
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    No I understand that you want more information....but what information do you want?

7. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+743
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Well they do hold lots of power in college campuses etc. But what I'm worried about are ANTIFA and it's sympathizers. People in the media have given them plenty of credit, not actually investigating what they mean by "anti-fascism". (They typically seem to mean people who disagree with them), While a number of media personalities tend to give them the benefit of the doubt even when they are the aggressors in a number of situations!

8. Ana the Ist

+5,642
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    The media has backed off of openly supporting them like they used to after Charlottesville....you won't see too many articles anymore talking about how they are basically good people who are just excited about stopping right wing extremists.

The problem is they aren't exactly talking about why they aren't really defending them either. They're just kind of pretending they don't exist. They've been arrested more times than I can count for assault and various other offenses....they've beaten and intimidated public speakers....they've continually threatened the media too.

The media stays quiet because of how they reported Charlottesville. They want everyone to agree that Trump was wrong for equating both sides with being violent. If they shined a spotlight on the violence that Antifa and its associates commit....well, that would be a bit like saying "You know what? Trump was right...these people are awful and should be stopped."

They won't do that until Trump is out of office.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Shiloh Raven

+11,222
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I want to wait for a few days to make sure that all the details of the story have been released.

10. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+15,716
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Well the CNN headline does say he was "allegedly attacked". :rolleyes:

11. Ana the Ist

+5,642
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    If he is orchestrating a hoax to take advantage of the left's belief in the stories of victims....he forgot the most important part.

He's a straight white man. The left hasn't abandoned all skepticism of their claims. Automatic support for victims is reserved for everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,763
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    As I previously stated, I am not denying that racist people exist in this country. However, the only "racial crisis" that exists is the one in the minds of the left that they fabricated as a result of their hatred for Trump and their disparity of becoming irrelevant.

13. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+6,524
    Atheist
    Private
    The only one at all, huh?

14. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+1,757
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    They marched in a historically black neibourhood under swastika banners, then one of them killed one of the people there to protest against them.

The swastika means genocide, it means murder and it means evil. Those things need to be opposed... and saying "LOLs, it's a joke, we want peaceful ethnic cleansing." or "there's some very fine people here who just love their country." are nonsense.

15. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Administrator Supporter

+5,489
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    Please submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.
    MOD HAT OFF

16. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+4,972
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    Actually, your motives are so transparent I don't really need to comment on them, so I'll just leave it for your words to speak for themselves. :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
  17. Jon Osterman

Jon Osterman Well-Known Member

+460
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Presumably, the attacker will be charged and convicted of assault. The video is pretty clear, identifies the attacker clearly, and demonstrates that the attacker assaulted the smaller guy when he was no physical threat. Case closed!

18. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+15,716
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    You're commenting to say you don't need to comment?
    That's what words are for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+4,972
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    My intention was to write a lengthy comment. I inadvertently hit the "Post Reply" before writing anything. Option1: leave a page blank except for your quoted post, but that would be rude. Option 2: Add the words deleted post. But that would be a lie. Option 3: Write the post I originally intended. However, by the time I got that done I would have inconvenienced several people by having them puzzle over a blank post. Hence, Option 4: A tart, trite, dismissive post that captured the intent if not the detail of my original thoughts.
    Yet not always that well. :)

20. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+29,586
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Did you read the OP?