provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I was wondering about Islamic Eschatology. I was watching a new show on Netflix called "Messiah" and it seems like it's trying to portray Jesus... without outright saying they're portraying Jesus. It says it's not based on a true story, but the main character is clearly portraying facets of Jesus. Even being called Al-Masih (islamic for "Messiah") I also believe Al-Masih is how Islamists refer to Christ in real life? He even performs miracles in the show, so it's obviously portraying Christ without explicitly admitting it.

In my understanding, in islamic eschatology, Jesus returns to apologize to everyone he "lied to" and to pave the way for Mohammad, similar to John the Baptist. I can only imagine they would make him out to be Palestinian, like he is in the show.

My question is: do muslims have the same rich eschatology that Christianity presents with? Do muslims have as many one-time camps as we have, and if they do, which is their MAIN one? Perhaps the presence of a main eschatology in Islam could indicate which end times scenario is correct in Christianity?

Be blessed and thanks for responding

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I was wondering about Islamic Eschatology. I was watching a new show on Netflix called "Messiah" and it seems like it's trying to portray Jesus... without outright saying they're portraying Jesus. It says it's not based on a true story, but the main character is clearly portraying facets of Jesus. Even being called Al-Masih (islamic for "Messiah") I also believe Al-Masih is how Islamists refer to Christ in real life? He even performs miracles in the show, so it's obviously portraying Christ without explicitly admitting it.

In my understanding, in islamic eschatology, Jesus returns to apologize to everyone he "lied to" and to pave the way for Mohammad, similar to John the Baptist. I can only imagine they would make him out to be Palestinian, like he is in the show.

My question is: do muslims have the same rich eschatology that Christianity presents with? Do muslims have as many one-time camps as we have, and if they do, which is their MAIN one? Perhaps the presence of a main eschatology in Islam could indicate which end times scenario is correct in Christianity?

Muslim eschatology both mimics and opposes Christian eschatology. They have an antichrist who Jesus will destroy when he returns, but as they have it Jesus will also destroy the Church for its false teachings.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, in Muslim eschatology, their version of Jesus - Isa - returns to save the day, as the muslim Mahdi (end times super muslim leader to set the world straight) is in a pitched battle with the Dajjal (the muslim version of the Antichrist and his Jewish followers), the two armies against one another. Isa returns and destroys the Dajjal giving the Mahdi and his army the victory.

Also, Isa (the muslim version of Jesus) is supposed to kill all the Christians because we have proclaimed Jesus to be the Son of God.

There is no match to the real persons of Bible prophecy to equate to the muslim scenario, as some Christians theorize.

Mahdi - roled as the Antichrist, beast
Isa - roled as the false prophet
Dajjal - ???? here is the problem. There is no counterpart in bible prophecy to fill this role of him to be fighting against the Mahdi (the Antichrist, beast).

And Isa in Muslim eschatology does not even appear until the final battle of the Mahdi vs the Dajjal... which we know is contrary to real bible prophecy as the false prophet is around for 42 months along with the beast before Armageddon.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ah, thank you for correcting me Douggg. I'm just wondering now if Islam has any other end-times scenarios as well as the one you just mentioned? Do they have anything like preterism, historicism, or amillenialism? If not, how come?

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ah, thank you for correcting me Douggg. I'm just wondering now if Islam has any other end-times scenarios as well as the one you just mentioned? Do they have anything like preterism, historicism, or amillenialism? If not, how come?

Thanks again
That, I don't know.

I do know that the shi a (Iran) and the sunni (Saudi Arabi) have a different concept on the origin of the mahdi. The shi a (shi t tes) think the Mahdi is the "twelfth iman" descended from one of Mohamed's followers, while the sunni think he is descended from one of Mohammed's relatives. I might have those two reversed.

I think the shi a (Iran), so called twelvers , think the Mahdi has been concealed in a well until the time is right from him to come out.

From wikipedia....

The Mahdi is the prophesied redeemer of Islam. While Shias and Sunnis differ on the nature of the Mahdi, many members of both groups[34] believe that the Mahdi will appear at the end of the world to bring about a perfect and just Islamic society.

In Shia Islam "the Mahdi symbol has developed into a powerful and central religious idea."[35] Twelvers believe the Mahdi will be Muhammad al-Mahdi, the twelfth Imam returned from the Occultation, where he has been hidden by Allah since 874. In contrast, mainstream Sunnis believe the Mahdi will be named Muhammad, be a descendant of Muhammad, and will revive the faith, but will not necessarily be connected with the end of the world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have watched a few episodes. The Al-masih in the show is based off of prophecies of Dajjal (who is an Iranian Jew). The preacher in the show probably represents the Pope (with all the open border/ open immigration talk). (When the preacher's wife asks the preacher not to go away from the church to go after 'Masih' in jail, that was a reference to the 'worthless shepherd' of Zech 11 who apostasizes the flock). It also references 'the desert' of Matthew 24:24-26 with Texas.

The thing to keep in mind is that there seem to be 4 factions: Judah, Israel (aka 'Ephraim'), Assyria, & Egypt.
These 4 will be Christian 'updates' to the Jewish templates of the Old Testament, meaning: Judah means faithful, Israel means unfaithful, Assyria is the 'North' which would be the UN (the king of the North would be the UN leader) (the UN flag is oriented from the North) & Egypt is the 'south' and would be in modern terms, Illuminati Freemasonry (the pyramid of 'Egypt'/ spiritual Egypt).

The implication in the show is that Dajjal is associated with the Pope, and by extension the UN (who wants ... open borders). The 'microchip' mark of the beast is associated with 'Egypt' : Isaiah 36:6 Behold, you are trusting in Egypt, that broken reed of a staff, which will pierce the hand of any man who leans on it. Such is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all who trust in him.

Here is the trick- Satan wants people to:
- worship Satan (the UN/ king of the North's job)
- be microchipped. (Illuminati Freemasonry/ King of the South's job)

Because they are separated into 2 camps (which roughly correlates in US political terms: Democrats are being led into the UN & Republicans are being led into Illuminati Freemasonry and Transhumanism), each one can play off the other in a false dichotomy: Catholics can look at people in the camp of the King of the South being microchipped and be led to believe that Dajjal is the messiah. Conversely, people getting microchipped can reassure themselves that it is not the mark of the beast because they are not Catholics being deceived by Dajjal.

The purpose of one of the wars of the end times is to destroy Dajjal, so as to join the North & South.

Because Satan wants everyone microchipped, there is no need to really change anything about the king of the Souths camp & microchip situation. Therefore, it is the North's Dajjal that has to be defeated and 'exposed' as evil (which was the plan all along). By making Dajjal out to be the scapegoat of all evil, the people of the North camp will 'see the error of their ways' and be tempted into getting microchipped. The UN and Pope will be 'forced' into the mark, because the South camp (Illuminati & Mahdi) 'were right all along'.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I personally didn't know, but found this article (and this appears to be reliable). Just like in Christianity - there are several varieties of interpretation.....this probably represents a more common view of Islam:

Quoting excerpt from linked article:
Who is Jesus in Islam?

In Islam, Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, is one of the five greatest messengers of God who are collectively known as the ‘Ul al-Azm or the Possessors of Steadfastness. Jesus is also a real person who lived in Roman Judea in the first century of the Common Era. Muslims share with Christians most of the basic outlines of Jesus’ story, though there are certainly differences. In Islam, as well as in Christianity, Jesus was born to the Virgin Mary and was without a father. But for Muslims, Jesus is neither God nor the Son of God.

How does Jesus’ return figure into Islamic eschatology?

Some say that Jesus will literally and physically descend from the sky and lead a great battle against ad-Dajjal or the Antichrist. Others understand this allegorically, which is the approach I prefer and one that I think is more in keeping with the spirit of the Qur’an and the words of the Prophet of Islam. Some of the most interesting and productive interpretations relate Jesus’ coming down to the strengthening of spirituality. I also see this as a sign of alliance between Christians, Muslims, and Jews. But there is a lot of complexity in this area of Islamic theology.

What is the meaning of Messiah in Islam?

Interestingly, out of all prophets and messengers of God, Jesus is the only messenger who received the title of al-Masih, or Messiah, in the Qur’an. The term can be translated as the Anointed One. The root of the word has something to do with touching: mash means to touch. This is related to Jesus’ touching when he would heal people afflicted with various diseases. Al-Masih also refers to the eschatological purpose of Jesus, his coming at the end of time. But much of the discussion of Jesus’ eschatological purpose is found in the Hadith literature and not in the Qur’an itself. ~ Who is Jesus for Muslims?

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,488.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stunning research suggest the Mahdi and the Antichrist may actually be the same

The video is about the return of (Islamic) Jesus with the Mahdi. This Jesus is a fake Jesus. The video says:

- Israel and the Palestinians will achieve peace through the Mahdi.

- During the time of Mahdi, humans and demons will communicate and interact in order to promote Islam. The demons will have a premier role in causing Islam to prevail throughout the world.

- The Mahdi will rule for 7 years.

- Many Muslims believe that the Mahdi is already here on Earth. He will appear in Istanbul.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Here is a teaching on Christian vs. Islamic Eschatology by one of the best.

Upvote 0