✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 249568

Colors 3d again, on Nintendo 3ds. This one took longer. I have to watch a few more pro videos and see how they suggest texture.
This looks good the water is done well has movement even having a transparency feel to the water.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Here is a charcoal/charcoal pencil
again on paper 19x28 (around)

hambone 2.jpg

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a charcoal/charcoal pencil
again on paper 19x28 (around)

View attachment 249612
This is fantastic. I like how you manage to make the planes of the face well defined but still natural.

Do you have a particular method for creating your initial sketch or construction lines? The proportions are all great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is fantastic. I like how you manage to make the planes of the face well defined but still natural.

Do you have a particular method for creating your initial sketch or construction lines? The proportions are all great.

I call the first stage a block in where i do not focus on drawing exact lines: for an example a perfect likeness of a nose or any completed lines. They are just massed out usually with straight lines focusing on proportion and structural shapes with emphasis a sculptural solid feel to the drawing.
If i can find some starts that i did not finish up with i will try and post some.

Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ector image based on some black and white linework my daughter did.

Excellent brush drawings, especially the tiger.

These are some landscapes I did yesterday. Still in progress. The photos are really bad and out of focus. The images are a lot sharper irl. Both are 11x14 I need to fix the background in the second image. (Lighten the hills drastically.)

2019-01-22 20.05.37.jpg
2019-01-22 20.08.29.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Been away dealing with a sinus cold nice work posted.

Here is one where i am trying to build a sculptural feel to my drawing. This is not as far as it could have been developed but this shows a little of the idea.
small sketch.

DSCN1847.JPG

DSCN1848.JPG

Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been away dealing with a sinus cold nice work posted.

Here is one where i am trying to build a sculptural feel to my drawing. This is not as far as it could have been developed but this shows a little of the idea.
small sketch.

View attachment 249976
View attachment 249977

Thank you. That really helps to understand the process. So you could take it from that step to the more fully realized version as your other piece?

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. That really helps to understand the process. So you could take it from that step to the more fully realized version as your other piece?

Like your last image post (starfish)

That is something that is best used subconsciously, practice these as drawing exercises by modeling form focusing on the planes of a subject ( landscape, figure, stilllife) and just do this enough to where form is modeled and eventually worked into your seeing.

here is a line drawing, i really like doing this they are hard to pull off one though.
tink.jpg

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like your last image post (starfish)

That is something that is best used subconsciously, practice these as drawing exercises by modeling form focusing on the planes of a subject ( landscape, figure, stilllife) and just do this enough to where form is modeled and eventually worked into your seeing.

here is a line drawing, i really like doing this they are hard to pull off one though.
View attachment 250269

I didn't take formal training. How do the line drawings work? It gives it a very loose, dynamic feel.

Upvote 0