Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

"In order to make the deadliest ideology of the 20th century palatable to young Americans, 'Communism for Kids' is coming to a bookstore near you.

This newly released book from MIT Press 'proposes a different kind of communism, one that is true to its ideals and free from authoritarianism.'”

‘Communism for Kids’ Turns Deadly Ideology Into a Fairy Tale

I have not read this book. Has anyone on this thread read it yet?

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I haven't read it, but just on principle, I am opposed to anything having to do with communism. I've heard way too many horror stories from my dad about what life was like under the Castro regime to think that communism is in any way a good thing. Of course, your personal opinions and experiences may vary.

Reactions: AACJ
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's pray that we old folks offer a detailed warning to those millennials and younger ones in our public schools. I'd be the first to attend PTA meetings, write letters to school boards and local news media. I'd be the first to bring it up in business meetings at a local Christian assembly.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Let's pray that we old folks offer a detailed warning to those millennials and younger ones in our public schools. I'd be the first to attend PTA meetings, write letters to school boards and local news media. I'd be the first to bring it up in business meetings at a local Christian assembly.
Praying. Good advice, especially since communists are trying to get on the ballots.

I mourn the passing of the generation that suffered under communism in its hayday. But of course, every generation tends to ignore history or believes it can somehow do things better than any previous generation. The communists of today believe they can do communism better than any generation before.

Upvote 0