Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen. What a profound verse in Psalm 119. THIS is my own prayer, that in spite of hardship and distress, or whatever i might be enduring, to DELIGHT in His commands, just as David did, and wrote about. THIS is what it means to LOVE God with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength, and THIS is what it means to KNOW Him and consequently His voice. These are the very ones who KNOW His voice because they KNOW Him, their Shepherd. To anyone else, even if they claim to have "done things in His name", He will say to depart from Him, for He never KNEW them.

THIS is why we are admonished to examine our own hearts and to, like David did, ask God to EXAMINE our hearts to see if there is any iniquity, etc.

Profound picture and verse....it's prompting me to delve into 23 now.

Thank you for this soul-searching study and meditation. It's like taking my "spiritual vitamins" in reading it and delving into what it means.

God bless you on this Monday morning that is a bit cold and cloudy, but not bad for January.

Upvote 0

Bob Wille

Aug 27, 2019
Tucson
✟157,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your knowledge of God's Word - and the right use in applying it -
are amazing and and real blessing to me.
The following verse came to mind: It may not even be relevant,
but I'll pass it on anyway.
[Not doubt you are already familiar with it]
"
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
Romans 8:31 (ESV)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Your knowledge of God's Word - and the right use in applying it -
are amazing and and real blessing to me.
The following verse came to mind: It may not even be relevant,
but I'll pass it on anyway.
[Not doubt you are already familiar with it]
"
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
Romans 8:31 (ESV)

Amen. It sooo applies...because even in the midst of suffering and struggling we can KNOW that God WILL work it ALL out for our GOOD. THIS, planted in out hearts, is right in sync with the verse that you posted. And THAT is, That NO MATTER WHAT, God is FOR us.

THIS is our joy, and the same joy that is spoken of when Jesus was bearing the cross....

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." ~Heb 12:2

(God's got His hand prints ALL OVER today, doesn't He? )

Hahaaaa LOVE it!!!!

:clap:

Upvote 0

Bob Wille

Aug 27, 2019
Tucson
✟157,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This verse also comes to mind:

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." ~Gal 6:9

:)
"In the morning, O LORD, hear my voice. In the morning I lay my needs in front of you, and I wait."
Psalm 5:3 (GW)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0