Coming Monday -Could it be bad news for Kerry?

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
elanor said:
Well, thanks to the rallying power of the war in Iraq there's no end to the line of people willing to learn from his example and follow in his footsteps.

Hmm... as if he had a recruitment problem before the war? And I don't see how Iraq drives people to al Qaeda. That's unsubstantiated hype, particularly since even the Iraqi insurgents in Iraq can't stand and are even fighting with the foreign Arab terrorists coming into Iraq to fight the US. Last I heard, al Qaeda wasn't publically posting their draft numbers rates... unless of course they share that information with Democrats. ;)

Upvote 0

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok... it appears that the one source that stated they knew what tomorrow's report is... was trying to be funny.. they are retracting their statement about Osama... so.. Monday's News is still up in the air...

What could it be? Anybody have any ideas? Monday.. Washington Post is going to release a news story.. that will harm the Kerry Campaign.. and it has to deal with Foreign Policy..

any ideas?

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

starchild

Even the least of these my brethren.
Oct 19, 2004
✟18,246.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Democrat
Whyzdom said:
Ok... more digging today from the Blogs, it appears that the big Washington Post news story that is gonna break is....

Osama Bin Laden is dead.

This isn't fully confirmed, but that is the main bet from those inside with loose lips.
And Kerry killed him?

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is my favorite post I have read so far, i know the truth is going to be very disappointing, no where near as good as this, but wouldn't this be cool:

"....a less than honorable discharge from the military. Kerry's "honorable discharge" in 1978 gives a hint at this. The reference cited in the documnet are Bupersman 3830380 which is the normal regulation regarding discharge. HOwever also cited is Title 10 Code section 1162 and 1163 which relate to an appeals process. So clearly, he appealed a previous discharge on the basis of President Carter's amnesty of all draft dodgers and war protesters.

It is likely that he was given a bad conduct discharge for violating Sec 103 of the UCMJ, Uniform Code of Military Justice, related to "giving aid and comfort to the enemy", for negotiating with the enemy in Paris.

According to the Ammendment 14 of the US Constitution, he is ineliglbe for elected office. His eligibility for office can only be resored by a 2/3 vote of both houses of Congress.

He may in fact be ineligible to hold office as a Senator. The legal question is what effect does the Presidential Pardon have in his case.

The allegation can only be cleared up by Kerry's release of his records by signing the Form 108. This puts him in a difficult position of being the only one who has the ability to actually refute the charge. Failure to release all of his records makes him appear guilty. Let's hope the electorate sees it that way.

Article 3 of the US Constitution defines Treason as "giving aid and comfort to the enemy"."

Upvote 0

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One change.. it is a Form 180.... not 108...

Otherwise, I have been presenting this information for the last week or so and I get plenty of responses back saying it was 30 years ago.. and that I should leave it alone.

They didn't leave President Bush's record alone but for some reason the Media isn't pushing the issue with Senator (I use that Term loosely) Kerry.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mother of all let downs, this was the big story. Apparently Senator Kerry lied about metting with members of the UN security counsel during two debates and one television ad and a few stump speeches. The UN Security Cousel has never meet him. Now this isn't going to change Kerry supporters minds except that he's a hypocrite who is going around saying he will run an honest government and never lie to the american people "like Bush does" but yet he isn't even in office yet and he is caught in a painfully obvious lie. Anyway, heres think link, im very disappointed, unless this recieves alot of media traction i predict this will mean nothing. Though it should. I wonder if it might inspire some true believing liberals to stay home though?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041024-110609-9428r.htm

Oh well I predicted it would be a let down, everyone knows kerry is a flip flopping liar who will say anything to get elected. His base even knows that. This isn't going to hurt him, but it was fun guessing all day.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
alonesoldier said:

It seems like a fairly nothing story really...

So Kerry didn't meet with the entire security council, although maybe he met with some of them, or with some of their representatives.

It seems like he might have exaggerated, but that's hardly uncommon for someone in his position, and he certainly isn't alone.

Oh well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah but he said it at a debate, and if the French of all people don't remember him, I mean, its like his foreign leaders comment, he should be forced to say who he did meet with since we haven't been able to dig up anyone who claims to have ever meet him. Not a big deal unless you center your entire campaign on saying the other guy is a liar and I tell the truth. If he has no foreign endorsments and if no member of the UN security counsil will step forward and say they have meet him... it seems like an integrity integrity integrity problem, as his mother would say.

Upvote 0

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
I was watching a documentary on The Cuban Missile Crisis the other night, and they showed John F Kennedy giving a speech. To summarise/paraphrase, he said:

"The public won't pay attention to anything said in the last 4 weeks of an election campaign. We should not judge a man by his policies, but rather by his actions and the quality of the man."

Frankly, on either of these counts, kerry should win for mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've known since the year 2000, when McCain ran against Bush and was slandered, that the Republicans will stop at nothing -- and I do mean NOTHING -- to do anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) to win.

My only wish is that I could be a fly on the wall five seconds after Bush dies, so I can see him come face to face with God and have to start accounting for the things he's done!

Upvote 0

Les Grands Pieds

Oct 31, 2003
Texas
✟599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, I think Kerry is just dead wrong. He can't guarentee that America will be completely safe. That's like guarenteeing that there will never be another car accident again. He just can't keep a promise like that.
I think Bush is very sincere and Kerry is one of the biggest jerks I've ever heard. This attitude that Bush is should be held responsible for every single thing that goes wrong in the world is a very ignorant one. Let's kill a baby, too. I mean, heck, for the good of science.
Upholding the constitution? Kerry is gonna void every single law we have over little tiny exceptions. Upholding the constitution is obviously not his main objective. Any of you peeps who don't see the corruption of Kerry's words must be deaf. Being president is a tough job and I don't think Kerry can handle it. He can't even show up for senatorial meetings!

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed, he's a snake in the grass. I am trying to get my friends to vote, they are just college kids who think Kerry is a jerk but 'dont want to be responsible if something bad happens' so their just not voting. But if they vote they are voting for Bush.

Upvote 0

Les Grands Pieds

Oct 31, 2003
Texas
✟599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
UberLutheran said:
ANYTHING to win.
My only wish is that I could be a fly on the wall five seconds after Bush dies, so I can see him come face to face with God and have to start accounting for the things he's done!
What about comprimising his "strong convicitions". The life of a baby is not precious. He believes that science is more important than morality. That isn't the kind of president that I want running my country. I want a president who chooses life, not death.
That's a really hateful thing to say. I think that Bush has a lot of Godly reasons for the things that he does and you should notice that. What about saying that homosexuality and embryonic stem cell research should both be legal. That's messed up. I want a president who has a problem with killing babies, I don't care if they come from a test tube, God still created them and they still have the right to have a life. Just because their womb is glass does not mean that God doesn't weave them together just like any other baby.
What if YOU were a test tube baby and nobody ever told you. Would you be okay with being aborted at your current age? After all, you should have been aborted, lets just do it now. Would you have a problem with that? If you are okay with this embryonic stem cell research, technically you should be perfectly fine with it.
Just because you weren't born in a real womb doesn't mean you can't be a real person. You are blessed to have been born for a greater purpose than just to die before you had a chance to change the world.

Upvote 0