Coming Monday -Could it be bad news for Kerry?

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently on Monday, a major newspaper coughWashingtonPostcough will be releasing a story that will harm Senator Kerry's Campaign. It looks to have been discovered by Bloggers (Click) and what it could be, who knows. If you click the track backs you can see it is spreading like wild fire.

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm interested, but I've talked to my father about this, and he hasn't heard anything.. He lives in Florida. Is this only a select few that know about this?

I'd love to see what it is. Hopefully it's based on facts and not bias.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Bronco said:
What if he supported invading a country based on intelligence given at the time, and then....gasp....turned around and called it the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time to try and get elected President??? ^_^

Then he would CERTAINLY get MY vote!

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bronco said:
What if he supported invading a country based on intelligence given at the time, and then....gasp....turned around and called it the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time to try and get elected President??? ^_^
Well, now that could be devastating ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
Bronco said:
Then we'd probably conveniently forget what he actually said about the bill when he voted for it, simplify his position to absurdity, then slap a pejorative label on him so we don't have to give it a moment's more critical thought.

Upvote 0

Bronco

Dec 10, 2003
Lamar, Colorado
✟198.00
Faith
Christian
Simplified his position have I?? I give you this quote from Senator Kerry which is in the congressional record:

Senator Kerry:

"Mr. President, we have every reason to believe that Saddam Hussein will continue to do everything in his power to further develop weapons of mass destruction and the ability to deliver those weapons, and that he will use those weapons without concern or pangs of conscience if ever and whenever his own calculations persuade him it is in his interests to do so. . . . I have spoken before this chamber on several occasions to state my belief that the United States must take every feasible step to lead the world to remove this unacceptable threat. He must be deprived of the ability to injure his own citizens without regard to internationally-recognized standards of behavior and law. He must be deprived of his ability to invade neighboring nations. He must be deprived of his ability to visit destruction on other nations in the Middle East region or beyond. If he does not live up fully to the new commitments that U.N. Secretary-General Annan recently obtained in order to end the weapons inspection standoff - and I will say clearly that I cannot conceive that he will not violate those commitments at some point - we must act decisively to end the threats that Saddam Hussein poses." [Congressional Record, 3/13/98.]

You can argue there were intelligence mistakes made, you can say you disagree with the war, but can we please stop accusing Bush of misleading us when several powerful people were under the impression that Saddam presented a threat and had WMD. Saying Bush mislead us is simplifying the facts to an extremely absurd level.

Upvote 0

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok... more digging today from the Blogs, it appears that the big Washington Post news story that is gonna break is....

Osama Bin Laden is dead.

This isn't fully confirmed, but that is the main bet from those inside with loose lips.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
what did the press finally get wind of the fact that kerry technically commited Treason and Sedition when he meet with vietcong in Paris while still in the Navy? lol wow, and only one week to go what a scoop. You know if the Republicans wanted to be jerks, they could have John Ashcroft disqualify John Kerry for office, if you give aid or comfort to the enemy during a time of war the Constitution disqulifies you from running.

Upvote 0

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
alonesoldier said:
what did the press finally get wind of the fact that kerry technically commited Treason and Sedition when he meet with vietcong in Paris while still in the Navy? lol wow, and only one week to go what a scoop. You know if the Republicans wanted to be jerks, they could have John Ashcroft disqualify John Kerry for office, if you give aid or comfort to the enemy during a time of war the Constitution disqulifies you from running.
See.. that is what I am saying as well..lol..Media has too much influence on politics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Philosoft said:
Then we'd probably conveniently forget what he actually said about the bill when he voted for it, simplify his position to absurdity, then slap a pejorative label on him so we don't have to give it a moment's more critical thought.

Heh. And that certainly hasn't been done with Bush....er, wait.... :doh:

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
well, i am looking at these blogs now too, I think it will be anticlimatic. Ive heard everything from John Kerry needing psyhotherapy from vietnam... something I think would actually help him in the poll... to Bin Ladin being located and killed. Its all just guessing at this point, but when it hits I suspect it won't be the huge october surprise we are all hoping it will be.

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Whyzdom said:
Ok... more digging today from the Blogs, it appears that the big Washington Post news story that is gonna break is....Osama Bin Laden is dead.
Well, thanks to the rallying power of the war in Iraq there's no end to the line of people willing to learn from his example and follow in his footsteps.

Upvote 0