Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Compelling a sitting President to testify in hearings to see if he should be impeached seems like it might run afoul of the 4th and Fifth Amendments. But there are plenty of other Bidens doing business in this nation who can be called. Happy fishing!
I didn't expect Joe to testify, but you are right, there are plenty of Bidens involved in the suspicious activity financial transactions, and the investigation should not have been shut down because they were Bidens. Each can testify as to what he or she did to earn the money.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't expect Joe to testify, but you are right, there are plenty of Bidens involved in the suspicious activity financial transactions, and the investigation should not have been shut down because they were Bidens. Each can testify as to what he or she did to earn the money.
Why is this Congress’ business though?
People make money all of the time without a Congressional Committee breathing down their necks, what makes the Bidens worthy of this special treatment?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
C'mon. I remember the "bombshell" such as "Jan. 6 Bombshell: Trump Physically Attacked Secret Service Agent, Demanded to Join Mob at Capitol" at
and it turned out the "witness" wasn't even there! We now that Joe lied misled the American people about his knowledge of Hunter Biden's business dealings, that his statements on which he got elected simply were not true. This is still early in the impeachment investigation and I hope each Biden involved will testify.

That's nice but has what to do with the various "bombshells" Comer has claimed for the last year? Funny you wanted Adam Schiff censured and removed from committees for his lies about Trump and Russia, yet you have no issue with Comer's lies over the last year and keep believing that this is going to be the "bombshell" that will show "the truth." Double standard much?

I'm not even sure what you think you'll get from Hunter testifying, anyway. I'm guessing he'll be asked if he ever talked to his father about his business, and I'm sure Hunter will say "No." I'm guessing any questions about his Father will be met with a "no," "he had no knowledge," etc. While you can claim he will be lying -- and maybe he will be -- I don't see any other responses to those questions. At most, particularly if asked about prostitutes and drugs, he'll simply plead the Fifth.

And the biggest issue with the "impeachment investigation" is the fact that even Republicans are stating that it is starting out with zero evidence of any wrongdoing by Joe Biden -- despite what you believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why is this Congress’ business though?
People make money all of the time without a Congressional Committee breathing down their necks, what makes the Bidens worthy of this special treatment?
Congress has an oversight responsibility of the executive branch, and whistleblowers approached members of Congress about executive branch wrongdoing. I believe there are 40 whistleblowers. It takes a lot of courage to come forward, I've spoken with federal whistleblowers who have lost their jobs because they came forward.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
C'mon. I remember the "bombshell" such as "Jan. 6 Bombshell: Trump Physically Attacked Secret Service Agent, Demanded to Join Mob at Capitol" and it turned out the "witness" wasn't even there!

It didn't "turn out" that way. That's how the story broke. Cassidy Hutchinson testified under oath that Tony Ornato told her the story.

When Ornato testified, he "didn't recall" the event.

However, others at Secret Service said they heard the same story, and a cop on the route testified to a 'heated exchange'.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congress has an oversight responsibility of the executive branch, and whistleblowers approached members of Congress about executive branch wrongdoing. I believe there are 40 whistleblowers. It takes a lot of courage to come forward, I've spoken with federal whistleblowers who have lost their jobs because they came forward.

Yes, a lot lost their jobs during the Trump Administration, to include the IG investigators who followed up on their claims.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You have actually talked to whistleblowers in this case?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, a lot lost their jobs during the Trump Administration, to include the IG investigators who followed up on their claims.
Certainly investigations were shut down because they were Bidens. That should not happen and Congress has a duty to make sure there is equal treatment under the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't Comer a politician?

For all we know, he's spinning his wheels.

If they are serious about all this nonsense, they should at least hire a team of accountants (although I hate the idea they would spend more money going down this rabbit hole.)
If they hired forensic accountants, that might eat into their paid whistleblower and recruited informant funds.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
particularly many of Comey's statements that have proven to be untrue

That's nice but has what to do with the various "bombshells" Comey has claimed for the last year?
Comer; Comey was the FBI guy who sank Clinton's campaign and was insufficiently loyal to the Donald.

But yeah, Comer keeps announcing what he'd like to be true rather than what actually is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Comer; Comey was the FBI guy who sank Clinton's campaign and was insufficiently loyal to the Donald.

But yeah, Comer keeps announcing what he'd like to be true rather than what actually is.

Thanks for catching that, I'm going to blame that one on spell check.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You're quite a bit behind the times. The sweetheart deal given to Hunter Biden was unprecedented and they let the statute of limitation run out on a number of tax years. That corroborates the testimony of the whistleblowers.
Sorry. I asked for proof not parroting OTHER nonsense from Comer who seems to forget that context matters.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're quite a bit behind the times. The sweetheart deal given to Hunter Biden was unprecedented and they let the statute of limitation run out on a number of tax years. That corroborates the testimony of the whistleblowers.
Was the deal really "unprecedented"? You have some evidence of that? What is the standard plea deal with similar circumstances?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Was the deal really "unprecedented"? You have some evidence of that? What is the standard plea deal with similar circumstances?
Exactly what Hunter received. Apparently, when you have numerous other arrests that affects your sentencing.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you know of another case where investigators stalled for so many years, did not pursue information that pointed to a well known politician like Joe, and let the statute of limitations run out on tax fraud and failure to pay such a large amount of taxes and failure to register as a foreign agent then we would be glad to hear about it. It was characterized as a sweetheart deal and unprecedented and that has not been refuted.

Upvote 0