Column: The rotten science behind Trump’s chloroquine obsession

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I really can't understand what it takes to be so blindly and completely devoted to a man. No wonder people call Trump fanatics cult members! They literally can't handle any form of criticism made towards Trump. Heck, they can watch live footage of him being a fool and they still hold dear everything he says! It's disturbing. Everything he does is perfect and he walks side by side next to Jesus Christ.
You have Trump fanatics, but you had Obama fanatics, Hillary fanatics, Reagan fanatics, John F Kennedy fanatics and the list can go on and on! Are you telling me there weren't large numbers of individuals who didn't think Obama could do no wrong? Well there were some which didn't and some which did and just because they'd vote for Obama or Trump doesn't mean all which did or do believe the other is perfect. No offence but to believe anything different keeps one in a fantasy world one which you might take pleasure to be in but is none-the-less a delusion.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I feel like a lab rat when i'm talking to my doctor about medication. If i had Covid-19 with the worst symptoms, i would gladly try chloroquine.

Sure, and I'd probably be taking a bunch of stuff at random, too. But that doesn't mean that @redleghunter is correct. Lots of non-science jobs involve some measure of iterating on possible solutions until the best option is settled on. I work in a building with a bunch of artists and designers they all do that. The fact that elements of their jobs bear resemblance to elements of conducting science doesn't mean that they're actually scientists.

Not being American the whole Trump hating agenda seems quite self serving for Democrats. I doubt if his investments are a factor in drug selection and I suspect his businesses need government money to sustain them right now since hospitality is a major casualty of this Pandemic.

My sense is that his motivations often have less to do with deliberately lining his own pockets than they do with him merely being swayed by the people in his immediate circle. I don't trust their motivations at all, and there's probably more than a little overlap between their financial interests and his. And in most cases, I don't think he has the personal integrity or the intellectual capacity to do the right/best thing in spite of bad advice from his counselors.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh stop! You have Trump fanatics, but you had Obama fanatics, Hillary fanatics, Reagan fanatics, John F Kennedy fanatics and the list can go on and on! Are you telling me there weren't large numbers of individuals who didn't think Obama could do no wrong?

Not like what we're seeing with Trump, no. It's nuts. You guys sound like you're in a giant cult.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The FDA has the responsibility to ensure safety and effectiveness for drugs. Trump's hope is irrelevant, doctors dont listen to Trump because he's is not a doctor...
As for safety the drug in question it is safe! If it wasn't then how about you ban all the thousands and thousands and thousands of lupus patients using it for years? As for it's effectiveness 6,000 doctors around the globe choose it as their first drug to use out of 15 options. And you could say it's not a matter of doctors listening to Trump...the point is Trump is listening to doctors! In this case the majority of doctors surveyed around the world.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I really can't understand what it takes to be so blindly and completely devoted to a man. No wonder people call Trump fanatics cult members! They literally can't handle any form of criticism made towards Trump. Heck, they can watch live footage of him being a fool and they still hold dear everything he says! It's disturbing. Everything he does is perfect and he walks side by side next to Jesus Christ.

You mean like liberals are/were devoted to Bill Clinton?

Reactions: Need answers
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As for safety the drug in question it is safe! If it wasn't then how about you ban all the thousands and thousands and thousands of lupus patients using it for years? As for it's effectiveness 6,000 doctors around the globe choose it as their first drug to use out of 15 options. And you could say it's not a matter of doctors listening to Trump...the point is Trump is listening to doctors! In this case the majority of doctors surveyed around the world.
Actually 6200 doctors and growing Bobber.

Ya know Boston Medical Center has been using Hydroxychloroquin from close to the start and never saw the soaring numbers NYC did.And that's not left or right wing news I researched it myself since I live in Ma 50 miles from there.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am disgusted by the Liberal LIES about this TRIED and PROVEN drug that has been widely used for 65 years and is well known to be SAFE to use. The threat is a 2% chance of blindness if used daily for ten years, which falls to 0% chance if only used daily for five years. In the dosages required to treat the Coronavirus (daily usage for a week or two), its risk is too low to measure. The REAL EXPERTS in its usage say that the only risk in this dosage is a possibility of a rash or maybe an upset stomach.

On the other hand, the various doctors who have been using this drug for the Coronavirus have CONSISTENTLY reported a success rate of NEARLY 100%. And this has been in multiple trials involving from as few as 100 patients to as many as 1000 patients in each trial.

And even if the President were to make a little money from the sale of this drug, the money he would make is trivial. There is an UNCONFIRMED report that the President owns stock in a Mutual Fund that owns stock in ONE of the MANY companies that manufacture this INEXPENSIVE drug.

SO WHAT?

Get a life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am disgusted by the Liberal LIES about this TRIED and PROVEN drug that has been widely used for 65 years and is well known to be SAFE to use. The threat is a 2% chance of blindness if used daily for ten years, which falls to 0% chance if only used daily for five years. In the dosages required to treat the Coronavirus (daily usage for a week or two), its risk is too low to measure. The REAL EXPERTS in its usage say that the only risk in this dosage is a possibility of a rash or maybe an upset stomach.

On the other hand, the various doctors who have been using this drug for the Coronavirus have CONSISTENTLY reported a success rate of NEARLY 100%. And this has been in multiple trials involving from as few as 100 patients to as many as 1000 patients in each trial.

And even if the President were to make a little money from the sale of this drug, the money he would make is trivial. There is an UNCONFIRMED report that the President owns stock in a Mutual Fund that owns stock in ONE of the MANY companies that manufacture this INEXPENSIVE drug.

SO WHAT?

Get a life.
Man...that is one sweet rant right there! I would rank it an 8 1/2 out of a possible 10, it only missed getting a 9 because I feel it could use a hair more bolding in it, but you really did nail the random color use. Very nice! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(will raise his next cup in honor of Biblewriter's post!) :coffee:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

SO WHAT?

Get a life.
They don't want to get a life they want to run him out of town ! And the last thing they will do is agree with him. You have to understand they hate him.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm Washington times.. are they known for being for Trump? Ever said things Trump never said did? Praise GOD for Trump.. always praying for him and all in Washington. They need it.

How many THOUSANDS of Doc are for this? I think their words should account for something. I've seen many this drug has helped.

• Winner
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Time to fact check the fact checkers.
By all means, that's why they supply links to support what they say. :thumbsup:
tulc(doesn't think anything anyone says should be taken at face value, particularly people who hold public office) :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

christian-surfer

Apr 8, 2020
Marlborough, MA
✟15,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Bill Gates gave the CDC 100 million dollars to the CDC. That's a private interest donating money to an agency

The CDC and NIH got 25 million to study gun violence or to consider gun ownership as a kind of disease

• Winner
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm...this thread isn't about any of the things in your post, if you'd like to discuss those things you should just start a thread(s) about those subjects where they could be discussed there.
tulc(welcome to CF!) :wave:

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
False. Trump is better than Democrats Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Thats why most people vote for him.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I actually agree.

• Agree
Upvote 0