Colorado Defies Supreme Court Ruling, Punishing Christian Baker Jack Phillips Over Transgender Cake

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colorado Defies Supreme Court Ruling, Punishing Christian Baker Jack Phillips Over Transgender Cake

08-15-2018
Heather Sells

Colorado baker Jack Phillips is being targeted for his faith yet again – this time for refusing to bake a cake to celebrate a gender transition.

The Denver cake artist first came under fire for refusing to bake a same-sex wedding cake. But then the US Supreme Court ruled this summer on his behalf, chastising the Colorado Civil Rights Commission's treatment of Phillips which it said "showed elements of a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs motivating his objection."

The Colorado Civil Rights Division had previously ruled in favor of bakers' rights in three other cases where customers ordered cakes that demeaned gay people or gay marriages and the bakers declined to make the cakes. It ruled against Phillips for refusing to bake a gay wedding cake.

Now, Phillips is filing a federal lawsuit after the state civil rights division determined in June that Phillips' Masterpiece Cakeshop discriminated against a customer who wanted a cake to celebrate her coming out as transgender. The woman requested a birthday cake that was pink on the inside and blue on the outside.

Autumn Scardina told the state that she requested the cake to celebrate her gender transition. She said, "When I explained I am a transsexual and that I wanted my birthday cake to celebrate my transition by having a blue exterior and a pink interior they told me they will not make the cake based on their religious beliefs."

The division said that Phillips contended that he won't support a message that "promotes the idea that a person's sex is anything other than an immutable God-given biological reality."

It ordered Phillips and Scardina to schedule a "compulsory mediation" with the agency.

The remainder of the article at link:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/201...ian-baker-jack-phillips-over-transgender-cake

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

08-15-2018
Heather Sells

Colorado baker Jack Phillips is being targeted for his faith yet again – this time for refusing to bake a cake to celebrate a gender transition.

The Denver cake artist first came under fire for refusing to bake a same-sex wedding cake. But then the US Supreme Court ruled this summer on his behalf, chastising the Colorado Civil Rights Commission's treatment of Phillips which it said "showed elements of a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs motivating his objection."

The Colorado Civil Rights Division had previously ruled in favor of bakers' rights in three other cases where customers ordered cakes that demeaned gay people or gay marriages and the bakers declined to make the cakes. It ruled against Phillips for refusing to bake a gay wedding cake.

Now, Phillips is filing a federal lawsuit after the state civil rights division determined in June that Phillips' Masterpiece Cakeshop discriminated against a customer who wanted a cake to celebrate her coming out as transgender. The woman requested a birthday cake that was pink on the inside and blue on the outside.

Autumn Scardina told the state that she requested the cake to celebrate her gender transition. She said, "When I explained I am a transsexual and that I wanted my birthday cake to celebrate my transition by having a blue exterior and a pink interior they told me they will not make the cake based on their religious beliefs."

The division said that Phillips contended that he won't support a message that "promotes the idea that a person's sex is anything other than an immutable God-given biological reality."

It ordered Phillips and Scardina to schedule a "compulsory mediation" with the agency.

The remainder of the article at link:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/201...ian-baker-jack-phillips-over-transgender-cake
Swamp corruption goes all the way down to the municipal level. Trump is cleaning the top first, while Sessions is cleaning from the bottom up.

• Agree
Reactions: oldrunner
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed

08-15-2018
Heather Sells

Wow, there is so much spin here i'm dizzy just reading it.

No he was not targeted because of his faith or any other reason, he chose to , once again, break the law and refuse service to a member of a minority.

and the Supreme Court said nothing about the cake or the couple.

the key word is 'demeaned'

How dare you describe something so explicitly offensive!!!!

did i miss the part that says just how he is being punished?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,965.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You know good and well that this baker was targeted. They are trying to punish him for his beliefs. They couldn't get him on the homosexual thing so they are taking a run at him in the transgender thing. Who's "they" you ask? I have a sneaking suspicion that this transgender person did not act alone on his/her own idea. I could be wrong of course. Maybe he/she thought this up on her/his own just to "get" the baker, but I doubt it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,243,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Gee, I wonder why he chose this particular cake shop? :scratch:
The war against this particular cake shop has been going on for a long time. And given that the Supreme Court only threw out the past penalties against this cake shop because the Colorado government didn't act nice while stripping the baker of his rights, it was inevitable. So now the Colorado government will very nicely, with no show of even the tiniest hint of animus, nail this sorry baker's anatomy to the wall. America. Love it or leave it.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,113,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No he was not targeted because of his faith or any other reason, he chose to , once again, break the law and refuse service to a member of a minority.
He wouldn't bake a cake celebrating gender change for anyone. He doesn't make gender change cakes anymore than he makes Halloween cakes or divorce celebration cakes.

In this case, I think he should have just made a regular birthday cake, making it clear that is what he was making for.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The war against this particular cake shop has been going on for a long time. And given that the Supreme Court only threw out the past penalties against this cake shop because the Colorado government didn't act nice while stripping the baker of his rights, it was inevitable. So now the Colorado government will very nicely, with no show of even the tiniest hint of animus, nail this sorry baker's anatomy to the wall. America. Love it or leave it.
Unfortunately, I agree. Hell has no wrath like the LGBTQDSJKH&@JFVODP(@%SDPNM community spurned.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,243,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Unfortunately, I agree. Hell has no wrath like the LGBTQDSJKH&@JFVODP(@%SDPNM community spurned.
That baker will not be safe anywhere in America, should he give up his profession and try to make a new start somewhere else. He would need something far better than the US Marshal's relocation services on his side. They will orgy out on his grave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know good and well that this baker was targeted. They are trying to punish him for his beliefs. They couldn't get him on the homosexual thing so they are taking a run at him in the transgender thing. Who's "they" you ask? I have a sneaking suspicion that this transgender person did not act alone on his/her own idea. I could be wrong of course. Maybe he/she thought this up on her/his own just to "get" the baker, but I doubt it.
The transgender customer by the article said it was specifically to celebrate a birthday of their transgender status.

Once again, if the customer came in and said I am transgender and want a birthday cake, Phillips would have sold the cake. But that is not what the media will promote. They will say the customer was refused service for being transgender. That's not the case but media won't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
because all the other discriminating bakeries are getting away with it?
I guess they didn't have pink and blue cake mix and Phillips was the only bakery in the entirety of Colorado that did?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He wouldn't bake a cake celebrating gender change for anyone. He doesn't make gender change cakes anymore than he makes Halloween cakes or divorce celebration cakes.

In this case, I think he should have just made a regular birthday cake, making it clear that is what he was making for.
LOL yeah, like anyone just goes into a bakery and asks for a regular birthday cake these days. ^_^

If the customer ordered a pink and blue birthday cake, Phillips would have baked it, took the money and none would be the wiser.

Upvote 0