College Football....

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In response to your other post what if you move to another state & your a football fan meaning that you really really like football. Do you just stay witht he state you came from orrrrrr?

I knwo with UA & Au in Alabama it is a family tradition that is handed down. I mean if your in high school you already know who you are for due to your family. Not necessarily becasue anyone goes there. And I wouldn't say that those people are hicks either that is sterotyping!

Oh come on. "Handed Down"? I've lived in Georgia my entire 29 1/2 years, and very few people are all about passing down the "we love the dawgs. They're awesome", even if noone from the family ever went there. However, as a collective, there are a good bit. A friend of mine from church is your typical "dawg" fan who has never gone to the University of Georgia. He paints his car with Georgia magnets and keeps Georgia flags on his car throughout the season. His dad was a "dawg" fan, so he is too.

What is fun about college football? It's not like the school represents your state. It's comprised of students from all over the country who are usually there on college scholarships.

To each his own.

Upvote 0

llghoney

Life is preparation for eternity
May 31, 2005
✟23,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh come on. "Handed Down"? I've lived in Georgia my entire 29 1/2 years, and very few people are all about passing down the "we love the dawgs. They're awesome", even if noone from the family ever went there. However, as a collective, there are a good bit. A friend of mine from church is your typical "dawg" fan who has never gone to the University of Georgia. He paints his car with Georgia magnets and keeps Georgia flags on his car throughout the season. His dad was a "dawg" fan, so he is too.

What is fun about college football? It's not like the school represents your state. It's comprised of students from all over the country who are usually there on college scholarships.

To each his own.

Umm NFL is a bunch of people from college & that have probably been on 3 different teams. No loyalty there.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Umm NFL is a bunch of people from college & that have probably been on 3 different teams. No loyalty there.

I see your point, but a NFL team is designed to represent and be supported by a city and its metropolitan area.

On the other hand, a college team is merely a team of an academic institution. Its sole purpose is not to represent a state. It only bears the name of the university, which often has the name of the state in its title. For example, the University of Georgia football team isn't designed to represent the people of Georgia, only the university. That Georgia is within the name is more of a namesakes that the original university founder needed to promote the school.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stillcrazy

May 11, 2006
Memphis, TN
✟7,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The year of the Gator ends in Baton Rouge!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• lsulogoolddm1.jpg
    lsulogoolddm1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0