Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is how I came to know Jesus... I was not brought up in the Church, how I got there is another story. I post this here because it is relevant to the OP.

Personal Testimony

For me many years ago. I believed that I needed to keep God's Law (10 commandments) for my salvation accepting the death and life of Jesus. I was very exacting in what I believed at the time and tried to be very strict in my observance to obey God's Law. I found after some time that the harder I tried the more I saw myself as a sinner going through a cycle of sinning, confessing and repenting the same old sins, until I was ready to give up in discouragement. I also saw myself on the inside. Sometimes I was outwardly never breaking God's Laws but in my thinking it was not a very nice place to be at all. Where was this love I was supposed to have for others. I knew deep down inside that I did not really love people like Jesus wanted me to.

What now? Reading God's Word Jesus is telling me even if I look on a woman to lust I have already committed adultery applying God's Law to my very thoughts? Ok here I lost all hope..... Condemned as a sinner....... All my righteousness now was as it is plainly to be seen, filthy rags. I have finally given up all hope of trying to keep God's Law. There is finally nothing that I can do to save myself.

It was at this place for the very first time in my life I met Jesus. I could finally see that it was he who died on the cross for my sins and that I was the Chiefest of sinners of whom Christ had come to save! I knew for the very first time in my life that Jesus had come into the world not to save the righteous but bring sinners to repentance. Before I was righteous (in my own eyes) but now I can see myself just how God sees me, sick with sin in need of a Savoir. The Law of God was my schoolmaster that brought me to the cross to meet Jesus for the first time. Here I was at the cross, all undone my complete dependence was no longer on what I could do, but was only on what God's Word says it would do. For the first time I had complete dependence on the Word of God to do what it says it would do and that Jesus was holding out His free gift of salvation to me all he wanted me to do was to believe His Word and it was mine. I saw for the very first time that I love Him because He first loved me.

Now I walk with him. His commandments that brought me to him are no longer his commandments. They are his promises and as I received Jesus I live in Jesus, by faith in his Word to do what it says it will do. Now I obey and follow him because I love him. He has made me free in Him and given me power to walk with him in newness of life. Now I follow the God of creation by faith and dependence on the Word only to do what it says it will do. I love Jesus and His Word. His Words are spirit and they are life! I worship Jesus everyday. I follow His Word by faith and it is he that works in my as I believe His Word. For the very first time I am free in Him, He changes me day by day as I believe His Word. A counterfeit Gospel is out there. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation.

Why is God's Law important to helping someone to have faith in Christ alone?

Because it is only through the Law of God (10 commandments) that any of us have a knowledge of what sin is (1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20; 24). If we do away with God's Law we have no knowledge of sin. If we have no knowledge of sin we have no need of a savior. If we have no need of a savior we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost. "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law." (Romans 2:12).

God's Law shows us that we are sinners in need of a savior. God's Law was given to us that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God (Romans 3:19). It shows us that we are sinners and cannot save ourselves from this disease that we have within us so that we can by Faith lay hold of the promises of God's Words so that Jesus can save us from our sins. Jesus did not come to save the righteous (those that think they do not need saving) but sinners (those that know their need of saving) (Matthew 9:12-13; Mark 2:17; Luke 5:32) God's Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ. It will be the basis of the judgement where we will all be accountable to God.

The Law of God is the only way of showing us who we truly are, sinners in need of a Saviour and in this condition we can see for the first time Him who loved us and washed us in His own blood and by faith only lay hold of the promises of God’s Word. (2 Peter 1:4) It is here as we believe God that he changes us from living a life of breaking God's Law to a life of walking with him. It is through the operation of God through Love because he first loved us that we follow Jesus not for salvation but because of love. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh (carnal sinful mind) but after the spirit and why Jesus says to his followers, "If you love me keep the commandments" (John 14:15).

People cannot see that this is the operation of God in the believer and assume God's people believe they are saved by their works, when in fact Jesus is saving us from our sins to walk in newness of life in fulfillment of His new Covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12)...... Gods Sheep hear His Voice salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's Law (1 John 3:4) whosoever is living in sin has neither seen him nor known him (1 John 3:6)

Ok I am out for a while. Nice talking to you all.

In Christ Always!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is, true, pure biblical christianity that it seems few ever find. The believer is called to ask Christ to be their Lord and saviour, they have chosen their master. They have then crossed over from death to life and will not be condemned.( John5:24) The law God desires them to Keep is written in their minds and placed in their hearts( heb10:16&17). In their minds they instinctively know what that law is, and in their hearts they want to follow it, they have been born again. That law is in their DNA so to speak, it is now part of who they are. It isn't a written law that has to be referred to by reading what is written in ink, but a law written on tablets of human hearts. It isn't an external law written on tablets if Stone, but an internal law written on tablets of human hearts.
It is nothing like the way they understood law under the OC. It isn't a law you focus on, and strive to obey to attain heaven, it is a law that brings you to look to Christ and trust him to do in you through the Spirit what you are incapable of doing for yourself. It isn't a law that can condemn you, for your sins and lawless deeds will be remembered no more. It isn't a law you can only know by reading what is written in ink, it is a law that God himself, through the Holy Spirit writes in your mind and places in your heart.
True spirit filled christianity is having an inner conviction of what that law is/ sin, true spirit filled christianity does not require you to look to the letter of the law written in ink in the OT to understand what law is within you, and then seek to follow it. Those who do that, know nothing of true, pure biblical christianity. They will quote the letter of much scripture to you, without ever understanding the truly glorious message contained in the letter itself. Only the Holy Spirit can turn on the light
Because the believer has this law written in their minds and placed in their hearts, their sins and lawless deeds will be remembered no more. That is what Gods word tells us.
But those without true, spirit filled christianity cannot quite believe it. They have to refer to the written law with its penalty for breaking it.
Some may simply tell you, you must obey the law to attain heaven. Others may tell you, you must obey the law to prove you love Jesus, if you dont you cannot be in a saved state for no one who doesn't love Jesus can be saved. These people have missed out on true biblical christianity. They are led of their rational minds, not the Holy Spirit into the true, glorious covenant that exists. For the natural mind of man says you get what you deserve, you get what you strive for and earn.
For those who know the law without having to read what is written in ink, there can be no rest, and no peace when you wilfully transgress it by following after the flesh. That law will bring you to your knees before God every time you transgress it and you will repent, say sorry to your father in heaven for transgressing it. There is nothing else you can do, for the pain caused you by going against what is in your heart drives you to repentance as surely as night follows day.
Those who say if you are in unrepentant sin you are in an unsaved state, know nothing of this true, pure, spirit filled christianity, for their eyes have not been opened to it. Those with this pure christianity know sin cannot condemn them, and at the same time they know that they also know such knowledge, for them could never be viewed as a licence to sin. For this pure christianity is built on the following:

This is the covenant I will make with them after that time says the Lord
I will write my laws in their minds
And place them on their hearts
Then he adds
Their suns and lawless deeds I will remember NO MORE
Heb10:16&17

Those without this pure christianity, preach law and punishment for failing to obey it in one form or another. But they themselves cannot practice what they preach. Those who most earnestly stress law as the basic requirement to enter heaven never could.
They will quote you Jesus words:
If you love me obey my commandments.
While they themselves do not even try and obey each and every command of Christ.
They will tell you, you must obey the law, though they themselves cannot obey it.
But for those with true pure christianity, they know the truth of the core foundation upon which the NC stands, and they know those who stress law cannot practice what they preach/ demand of others. But they have transcended man's earthly rationalisations, for they have been truly born again and spirit filled by the Spirit of the living God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In their minds they instinctively know what that law is, and in their hearts they want to follow it, they have been born again. That law is in their DNA so to speak, it is now part of who they are.

Do we instinctively know what is right without God's Word?

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah17:9)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Can we know God without his Word?

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:16-17)

How can we be born of God if we do not have his Word?

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which lives and abides for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

All of the above comes only from God's Word and it is by every Word of it that we are to live by (Matthew 4:4) Without it we do not have faith. We cannot be born again and do not have life because we are dead in trespasses and sin and only our complete faith and dependence in God's Word can save us. (Romans 2:12; 1 John 5:4)

Who can know the Word of God when there is no Word?
Those who say if you are in unrepentant sin you are in an unsaved state, know nothing of this true, pure, spirit filled christianity, for their eyes have not been opened to it. Those with this pure christianity know sin cannot condemn them, and at the same time they know that they also know such knowledge, for them could never be viewed as a licence to sin.
Yet it is God's Word that says if anyone is practicing known unrepentant sin they are not in a saved state and in danger of the judgement.

Hebrews 10:26-27
26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrew 6:4-8

4, For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7, For the earth which drinks in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and brings forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8, But that which bares thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Ezekiel 18:20-26,
20, The soul that sins, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. 21, But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22, All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 23, Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 24, But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 25, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? 26, When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and dies in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revellers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21, Envying’s, murders, drunkenness, revelling’s, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Peter 4:6
4, For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 5, And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6, And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly;

19, While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20, For if after they have escaped the pollution's of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21, For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22, But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Romans 6:18-23
18, Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19, I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20, For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21, What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:13,
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 2:12

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law.

James 2:8-12,

8, If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well: 9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Jeremiah 31:30
But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge

2 Corinthians 7:1
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 4:21-24

21, If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22, That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23, And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24, And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

1 Thessalonians 4:7
For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Hebrews 12:14

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord

1 Peter 1:15-16
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

How do we know who are God's people?

1 John 2:3-4

3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:3-10
3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure. 4, Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6, Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him. 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed <1 Peter 1:23> remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

This also includes the 7th Day Sabbath which is one of the 10.

As God's Word says; If we are living in unrepentant sin breaking any of God's Law (10 commandments) we are not in a saved state and are guilty before God and not following him. If we die in unrepentant sin we will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Who should we trust and obey, God or man?

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than man;
Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged. (Acts 5:29; Romans 3:4)

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet God's Word says that our faith comes from the Word of God. How will you have faith and know God's Word if you do not have hear or have God's Word?

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:16-17)

How can we be born of God if we do not have his Word?

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which lives and abides for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

All of the above comes only from God's Word and it is by every Word of it that we are to live by (Matthew 4:4) Without it we do not have faith. We cannot be born again and do not have life because we are dead in trespasses and sin and only our complete faith and dependence in God's Word can save us. (Romans 2:12; 1 John 5:4)

Yet it is God's Word that says if anyone is practicing known unrepentant sin they are not in a saved state and in danger of the judgement.

Hebrews 10:26-27
26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrew 6:4-8

4, For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7, For the earth which drinks in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and brings forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8, But that which bares thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Ezekiel 18:20-26,
20, The soul that sins, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. 21, But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22, All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 23, Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 24, But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 25, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? 26, When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and dies in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revellers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21, Envying’s, murders, drunkenness, revelling’s, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Peter 4:6
4, For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 5, And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6, And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly;

19, While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20, For if after they have escaped the pollution's of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21, For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22, But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Romans 6:18-23
18, Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19, I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20, For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21, What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:13,
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 2:12

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law.

James 2:8-12,

8, If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well: 9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Jeremiah 31:30
But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge

2 Corinthians 7:1
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 4:21-24

21, If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22, That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23, And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24, And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

1 Thessalonians 4:7
For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Hebrews 12:14

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord

1 Peter 1:15-16
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

How do we know who are God's people?

1 John 2:3-4

3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:3-10
3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure. 4, Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6, Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him. 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed <1 Peter 1:23> remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

This also includes the 7th Day Sabbath which is one of the 10.

As God's Word says; If we are living in unrepentant sin breaking any of God's Law (10 commandments) we are not in a saved state and are guilty before God and not following him. If we die in unrepentant sin we will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Who should we trust and obey, God or man?

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than man;
Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged. (Acts 5:29; Romans 3:4)

In Christ Always!
I'm only going to respond to your first point. Post is far toooooo long.
In none if your quotations did it state, that under the NC in order to know what law God desires us to follow( that was the only point my post concerned) we must read what is written in ink.
So your response was, frankly pointless, didn't address the issue

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm only going to respond to your first point. Post is far toooooo long.

Yes there are many scriptures that have been provided and they are God's Word and we should believe them and follow him who loves us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes there are many scriptures that have been provided and they are God's Word and we should believe them and follow him who loves us
It seems you don't want to stand on Gods word doesn't it.
What is in your mind you in your mind must know. Law in your heart MUST being heartfelt conviction of sin when you wilfully transgress it.
You follow man/ woman, NOT Gods word when it comes to law & the new covenant.
The Jerusalem church, many of whom had been Christ's disciples met to discuss which Jewish laws gentile converts be asked to follow. Avoiding the Levitical unclean foods was not one of them.
Paul twice states in rom ch 14. ALL( ALL) food is clean.
You refuse to accept Gods word, preferring instead to follow man/woman.
So how can you claim to follow Gods word where law is concerned under the NC?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes there are many scriptures that have been provided and they are God's Word and we should believe them and follow him who loves us
And I have previously spent much time showing you that many scripture verses you quote in support of particular beliefs you state, do NOT actually support your views
I have not the time or inclination to go over each and everyone

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It seems you don't want to stand on Gods word doesn't it. What is in your mind you in your mind must know. Law in your heart MUST being heartfelt conviction of sin when you wilfully transgress it. You follow man/ woman, NOT Gods word when it comes to law & the new covenant. The Jerusalem church, many of whom had been Christ's disciples met to discuss which Jewish laws gentile converts be asked to follow. Avoiding the Levitical unclean foods was not one of them. Paul twice states in rom ch 14. ALL( ALL) food is clean.
You refuse to accept Gods word, preferring instead to follow man/woman. So how can you claim to follow Gods word where law is concerned under the NC?
We must follow he who calls us. He is the Word of God. Many are called but few are chosen. For the Kingdom of God is not food or drink but righteousness, joy and peace in the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And I have previously spent much time showing you that many scripture verses you quote in support of particular beliefs you state, do NOT actually support your views
I have not the time or inclination to go over each and everyone

He is calling all who have ears to hear and eyes to see. These are they that are blind and deaf. In times of ignorance God winks at and he is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. It is hard to kick against the pricks. Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's easy to make statements about following Gods word.
However, under the NC God himself through the Spirit writes the law in your mi d he desires you to follow and places it in your heart.
It's a plain fact. What is in your mind, you in your mind must know.
However, people refuse to believe it, claiming you must read OT law to know which law God desires you to follow

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is calling all who have ears to hear and eyes to see. These are they that are blind and deaf. In times of ignorance God winks at and he is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. It is hard to kick against the pricks. Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
As I said in the post you haven't responded to. You follow man/ woman where law is concerned under the NC, NOT Gods word.
You have no choice but to believe the Jerusalem church and Paul preached a licence to sin

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The truly born again spirit filled christian will NOT have ears to hear what those preach when they ignore the core foundation upon which the NC stands

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He who sees, sees all. How can you being evil do good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Those that be whole do not need a physician but those that are sick. The mirror shows the way that all must look into it and see themselves. Then we can see the one who loves us and know the one who is calling us. It is the small voice behind us saying this is the way walk you in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I guess it's easier just to make statements rather than address the fact you follow man/ woman rather than Gods word where law and the NC is concerned
The light shines in darkness; but the darkness does not understand. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Light is come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. Every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that does truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. Who can know the Word of God when there is no Word?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The teachers of the law and Pharisees sit in Moses seat, so you must be careful to do everything they tell you.
But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach
Matt23:2-4

A good example of the above today, would be people, who do not even try and follow each and every command of Christ quoting to you:

If you love me obey my commandments

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.