Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us
1john1:8

Whosoever commits sin is a servant of sin. If the son shall make you free you shall be free indeed. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

We are sinners indeed but we have a Saviour for those that our Heavenly father have given ears to hear and eyes to see.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whosoever commits sin is a servant of sin. If the son shall make you free you shall be free indeed. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
So in your view, did John contradict himself in his epistle?

I john1:8 & 1john3:9

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If our eyes are not open we cannot see the Garden of Eden or the paradise of God. Sin closes our eyes and makes us blind but seeking Jesus can open the blind eyes to see and the deaf to hear. Truly, truly, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. I say unto you, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If someone asked the average believer:

Must a person be sinless in their flesh to be a Christian?
I'm sure they would reply: No.
For they know no Christian is without sin(1john1:8)

However, if you asked the average believer:
Do you believe someone could be a Christian if they lived a lifestyle of continuous sin?
I'm sure they would also Reply: No( 1john3:6&9)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Must read the Bible as a cohesive whole
Absolutely true because all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness and life only comes from every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. However God's ways are not our ways. Heavenly father tells us as the heavens are higher then the earth so are my ways from your ways and so are my thoughts from your thoughts. Only God knows our heart from within and without him it is desperately wicked. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. The eyes can see and the ears hear only as the Spirit of God opens them. Ask and it shall be given you seek and you shall find. If any man hear his voice, knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We must ask our heavenly farther to have eyes to see and ears to hear so that we can know his Words that he freely give to all who come. He is knocking at the door. Who will open the door and let him in?

All the scriptures shown from posts numbers # 1263; 1264; 1265 and 1266 above are relevant to the topic and your interpretation of 2Cor 3:7-11

In Christ we can only find peace and love. We must follow him because we love him. God's Sheep hear his voice.
Do I detect you telling me you hear His voice and since I adamantly oppose your view that I do not hear His voice?

I heard His voice loud and clear telling me and proving that the SDA church has a very cracked foundation from which you take your cue. For almost 40 years I bought into SDA teachings and thank the Lord He lead me out. Every church thinks they are spreading the whole truth. It appears some are extremely wrong and others are there to spread the good news of salvation in Christ and not to cling to rituals that have no bearing on salvation

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi LGW, in my post1274 I asked you personally for your answers to my questions. Once again you have refused to give me acknowledgement of any of them, yet you want a full critique of your l o n g theory. Just answer a few simple questions and I will be glad to entertain the OP. If you can't or will not I assume your theory is wrong. I went through mostly line by line with either questions or comments. So ar I believe I am the only one to step up to the plate. Hummer me by truthfully giving me back line by line reason Paul is not telling us the 10 commandments were temporary.

I have to tell you that I presented 2Cor 3:7-11 to an Adventist English teacher friend of mine. He read it several times before commenting. He said it could not be true, but did not deny the verses meant that the 10 were temporary. It must have really upset his apple cart. Paul meant everything he wrote

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do I detect you telling me you hear His voice and since I adamantly oppose your view that I do not hear His voice? I heard His voice loud and clear telling me and proving that the SDA church has a very cracked foundation from which you take your cue. For almost 40 years I bought into SDA teachings and thank the Lord He lead me out. Every church thinks they are spreading the whole truth. It appears some are extremely wrong and others are there to spread the good news of salvation in Christ and not to cling to rituals that have no bearing on salvation

If we hear God's Word then it is the Spirit of God that speaks to us. If we do not hear God's Word speaking to us through His Word then he is not. When he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. He is given to us and moves through God's Word to open our eyes to see and ears to hear the voice of him who loves us. If we were blind, we should have no sin: but now ye say, we see; therefore your sin remaineth. For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries

Whosoever commits sin is a servant of sin. If the son shall make you free you shall be free indeed. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. We are sinners indeed but we have a Saviour for those that our Heavenly father have given ears to hear and eyes to see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When he( the holy spirit) comes HE WILL CONVICT the world of guilt, in regard to sin, and righteousness and judgement

In regard to sin because Men do not believe in me( not in regard to sin obeying the TC)
In regard to righteousness because I am going to the Father and you will see me no more
In regard to judgement because the prince of this world now stands condemned( NOT in regard to judgement the TC)

I can only give the scriptures. I judge no one who rejects them, for I am no man's judge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi LGW, in my post1274 I asked you personally for your answers to my questions. Once again you have refused to give me acknowledgement of any of them, yet you want a full critique of your l o n g theory. Just answer a few simple questions and I will be glad to entertain the OP. If you can't or will not I assume your theory is wrong. I went through mostly line by line with either questions or comments. So ar I believe I am the only one to step up to the plate. Hummer me by truthfully giving me back line by line reason Paul is not telling us the 10 commandments were temporary. I have to tell you that I presented 2Cor 3:7-11 to an Adventist English teacher friend of mine. He read it several times before commenting. He said it could not be true, but did not deny the verses meant that the 10 were temporary. It must have really upset his apple cart. Paul meant everything he wrote

Friend
Your questions have already been answered in posts numbers # 1263; 1264; 1265 and 1266 above which are relevant to your interpretation of 2Cor 3:7-11. You have chosen to disregard all the scriptures sent because they do not fit with your interpretation of God's Word that the God's Law (10 commandments) are abolished. I do not judge you for if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6For to be carnally minded isdeath; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind isenmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

13, For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14, For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

That is why the Lord teaches we must be born again of the Spirit that allows us to walk therein... and is subject to the law of GOD... which is life and peace.

1 Corinthians 2
Set free by the Truth. 6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.1 Corinthians

Ephesians 2
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved 6And hath raised usup together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in hiskindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was the law of sin and death?
Obey the law to be righteous

Just the same as saying:

Obey the law or you can no longer be in a saved state/ righteous
For:

Many after drinking the old wine don't want the new, for the say: The old is better
Luke5:39

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imagine a child slipping up where obedience to their parents rules was concerned. The parents then threatened them with eviction from the family home, or even threw them out until they earnestly repented.

That is how some preach God treats his children.
Terrifying really

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Pharisees preached strict observance of the law or condemnation. They didn't preach the underlying message on which everything hinges. The great love, mercy and compassion of God to his children. For there is no love in:
Perform perfect or be in danger of the fires of hell
And of course, they could not themselves practice what they preached

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Who can know the heart? It is desperately wicked above all things. God's Word is very quick and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

This Sword and Spirit are one. This sword does not bring peace but it brings peace. We are told to buy this sword without money and without price. Freely it is received and freely it should be given. If you do not live by the Spirits sword and live by your own sword you will perish. Each sword as a different purpose one can conquer the other will lead you into captivity and you will fall on it when the war is over. Which sword will you choose?

Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, that thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The teachers of the law and Pharisees sit in Moses seat, so you must be careful to do everything they tell you.
But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy loads and place them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them
Matt23:2-4

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free, stand firm then and do not allow yourselves to be burdened again by a yoke of slavery
Gal5:1

You who are trying to be justified by law gave been alienated from Christ, you gave fallen away from grace. But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope
Gal5:4&5

All who rely in the law are under a curse, for it is written, cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the book of the law.
Clearly no one is justified before God by observing the law, for the righteous shall live by faith
The law is not based in faith
Gal3:10-12

But now, by dying to what once bound us we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the spirit and not the old way of the written code
Rom7:6

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.