Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everyone will have impure thoughts. This is walking in the flesh and the desire to sin. Impure thoughts however are temptations from the enemy. They become sin to us when we make them our own. As it is written; Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. God's Word is God's power to free us from them to receive the mind of Christ. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. If we cast them down with the promises of God's Word they are not sin but resisted temptations to sin. As it is written. Casting down imaginations,4 and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and again; For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. and again; Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye2 shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

This is why Jesus says;

Truly, truly, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. I say unto you, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

In Christ Always!
Stop making excuses for sin.
If you have impure thoughts you break the tenth commandment.
Therefore, according to your repeated statements you have broken all of the TC

What do you think was the sin Paul was speaking of that brought condemnation to him in rom ch7
What was the evil he kept on doing?

Paul didn't make excuses for impure thoughts!

You should reflect on WHY Paul stated the TC were the letter that kills/ the ministry of death and condemnation.
I genuinely believe it is tragic you are unable to do so

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Stop making excuses for sin.
If you have impure thoughts you break the tenth commandment.
Therefore, according to your repeated statements you have broken all of the TC What do you think was the sin Paul was speaking of that brought condemnation to him in rom ch7 What was the evil he kept on doing? Paul didn't make excuses for impure thoughts! You should reflect on WHY Paul stated the TC were the letter that kills/ the ministry of death and condemnation. I genuinely believe it is tragic you are unable to do so

You say what I do not say to try and build an argument that is not there. Some have eyes to see you see not, and have ears to hear you hear not. God's Word says to all; If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth. As I have always said there is no excuse for sin. If we knowingly break one we are guilty before God of breaking all. This includes the 7th Day Sabbath. Those that choose to remain in their sins will not inherit God's Kingdom

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some have eyes to see you see not, and have ears to hear you hear not. God's Word says to all; If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
I'm not blind my friend. I dont make excuses for sin. You cannot be half hearted with God.
You simply excuse sin you commit whilst repeatedly stating christians do not commit sin.

I repeat. The person whose ears are not closed, and eyes are not shut, would reflect in why Paul stated the TC are the letter that kills and the ministry of death and condemnation

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not blind my friend. I dont make excuses for sin. You cannot be half hearted with God. You simply excuse sin you commit whilst repeatedly stating christians do not commit sin. I repeat. The person whose ears are not closed, and eyes are not shut, would reflect in why Paul stated the TC are the letter that kills and the ministry of death and condemnation

Yet you try and make it appear people are saying things they are not and teach others to break God's 4th. Please show me where you accuse me giving excuses for sin? I guarantee I will then show you the context of the posts passage that is saying the opposite of your claims.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet you try and make it appear people are saying things they are not and break teach others to break God's 4th.
Nope.
You just told me everyone has impure thoughts. My response was based in what you yourself wrote.
And as I posted recently. The spiritual intent of the fourth commandment us observed Severn days a week, and yet again I explained why.
Don't hinge anything in going to church on Saturdays. As you said:
Break one of Gods laws/ commit sin in any way, and you have broken them all

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not blind my friend. I dont make excuses for sin. You cannot be half hearted with God.

Jesus says to all;

John 9:41

Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says to all;

John 9:41

Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
Jesus also spoke of the hypocrisy if the Pharisees.
They would have obeyed the letter of the law far better than you do today, on the outside. They excused their sin on the inside. But Jesus did not excuse it did he!!
Just what do you think Jesus was referring to when he said the Pharisees were full of everything unclean on the inside.
Don't dumb the law of God down from its pristine level it is set at to claim you don't commit sin

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nope.
You just told me everyone has impure thoughts. My response was based in what you yourself wrote.
And as I posted recently. The spiritual intent of the fourth commandment us observed Severn days a week, and yet again I explained why.
Don't hinge anything in going to church on Saturdays. As you said:
Break one of Gods laws/ commit sin in any way, and you have broken them all

Here we go I will just repost # 1320 for all to read... Having impure thoughts is not sin. It is temptation to sin. Sin is making the impure thought your own. Read the post and the scriptures (Italics). You indeed twist what I say.

Post # 1320

Everyone will have impure thoughts. This is walking in the flesh and the desire to sin. Impure thoughts however are temptations from the enemy. They become sin to us when we make them our own. As it is written; Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Salvation is having the victory over temptation to sin.

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

God's Word is God's power to free us from them to receive the mind of Christ. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. If we cast them down with the promises of God's Word they are not sin but resisted temptations to sin. As it is written. Casting down imaginations,4 and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and again; For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. and again; Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye2 shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

This is why Jesus says;

Truly, truly, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. I say unto you, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

In Christ Always!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here we go I will just repost # 1320 for all to read... Having impure thoughts is not sin. It is temptation to sin. Sin is making the impure thought your own. Read the post and the scriptures.

Post # 1320

Everyone will have impure thoughts. This is walking in the flesh and the desire to sin. Impure thoughts however are temptations from the enemy. They become sin to us when we make them our own. As it is written; Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Salvation is having the victory over temptation to sin.

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

God's Word is God's power to free us from them to receive the mind of Christ. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. If we cast them down with the promises of God's Word they are not sin but resisted temptations to sin. As it is written. Casting down imaginations,4 and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and again; For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. and again; Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This is why Jesus says;

In Christ Always!
If you even look at a woman with lust in your eye you have already committed adultery with her in your heart.
How long do you have to look at a woman with lust in your eye for it to be classed as sin????!
You need to stop excusing sin, by saying you can have impure thoughts for a time but then resist then so you do no not actually commit sin.

I repeat, Saul the Pharisee understood the demands of the TC, it appears you do not

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you even look at a woman with lust in your eye you gave already committed adultery with her in your heart.
You need to stop excusing sin, by saying you can have impure thoughts for a time but then resist then so you do no not actually commit sin.

I repeat, Saul the Pharisee understood the demands of the TC, it appears you do not

The heart is the thoughts and feelings making the temptation your own. Please read post #1320 and 1328 and look up the Greek Word for heart. Saying the sky is green when it is blue does not make the sky green.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The heart is the thoughts and feelings making the temptation your own. Please read post #1320 and 1328
For how long must you look at a woman with lust in your eye before you have committed adultery with her in your heart?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Impure thoughts may come and go, but its what we do with that thought that matters. The apostle paul teaches us to meditate on pure and praiseworthy things.

Proverbs 20:9King James Version (KJV)
Proverbs 9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For how long must you look at a woman with lust in your eye before you have committed adultery with her in your heart?
Now your getting it. Can you look at a women without lust? Yes. Can you look at a women with lust? Yes. Which one is sin? As it is written and said in post # 1320; Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. The word tempted is completed past tense sin

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Impure thoughts may come and go, but its what we do with that thought that matters. The apostle paul teaches us to meditate on pure and praiseworthy things.
Proverbs 20:9King James Version (KJV)
Proverbs 9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Absolutely! You are not far from God's Kingdom. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. This is the mind of Christ as we walk in the Spirit not fulfilling the lusts of the flesh.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now your getting it. Can you look at a women without lust? Yes. Can you look at a women with lust? Yes. Which one is sin? As it is written and said in post # 1320; Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. The word tempted is completed past tense sin
Oh I get it LGW. I get it very well.
Paul the christian stated the letter of the TC kills( PRESENT TENSE)
They are the ministry of death and condemnation.
The only way you can claim to obey them is to make excuses for breaking them as you are now doing

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh I get it LGW. I get it very well.
Paul the christian stated the letter of the TC kills( PRESENT TENSE) They are the ministry of death and condemnation. The only way you can claim to obey them is to make excuses for breaking them as you are now doing

It is written: Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, that thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged. If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. We must be careful to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is written: Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, that thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged. If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Well you are rejecting what the Bible plainly states:
The letter of the TC kills( present tense)

The Pharisees of Jesus day, who earnestly stressed the law must be obeyed would have thought up excuses for their sin on the inside. It's what people have to do who INSIST( one way or another) you must obey the law to attain to heaven

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you are rejecting what the Bible plainly states:
The letter of the TC kills( present tense)

Yes it does. It points out sin and makes nothing perfect that all may become guilty. Sin is the transgression of God's Law and the wages of sin is death. The letter does indeed kill because it points out sin and if we are in known unrepentant sin we are in danger of the penalty of Sin. This is why we need to seek Jesus today while he may be found and call upon him while he is near.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why oh why does Paul repeatedly state you can have no righteousness of observing the law?
If you could obey it he wouldn't have made that his core message would he.
And what law could Saul not obey?
He faultlessly observed the legalistic law( phil3:6) as did every other Pharisee
Si what law condemned him?
Thou shalt not covet!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.