MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not overly into classical music, but after watching the Shawshank Redemption, I was inspired to listen to Mozart's "Sull'aria...che soave zeffiretto". It was featured in one scene from the movie; I found it hauntingly beautiful:

If Hans Zimmer composed classical music, you know it would be epic lol.

Ahhh i like that Mozart piece as well. U should listen to his Requiem. At the very least the Kyrie,Dies Irae,Rex Tremendae and Lacrimosa parts. Theres simply nothing like it. Ive also recently discovered Tchaikovsky. His dance of the swans from swan lake is one of the best things u will ever hear as well as his violin piece Valse Sentimentale

Reactions: LinaBellus
Upvote 0

Zimmer36

Apr 13, 2017
MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow, I liked this one, thanks!
I think it's really up to personal preference, but I could never get enough of classical music. :D

I haven't listened to Barber's music before, but I think I like it. :D

I loved it!!
As I said, Tchaikovsky is my favorite composer, and I love waltzes, but my favorite waltz is this one by Eugen Doga:

I also like the flower duet:
And many many more! I have a playlist with my personal favorites if anybody is interested, you can send me a PM.

I totally agree.
Lina can u send me your playlist? Thank u!

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ahhh i like that Mozart piece as well. U should listen to his Requiem. At the very least the Kyrie,Dies Irae,Rex Tremendae and Lacrimosa parts. Theres simply nothing like it. Ive also recently discovered Tchaikovsky. His dance of the swans from swan lake is one of the best things u will ever hear as well as his violin piece Valse Sentimentale
Yeah, the duet is really nice. =) I'll check them out today, thanks; listening to classical music can be really soothing, especially when doing computer work.

Btw, if anyone has other recommendations for classical songs to listen to, please let me know.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LinaBellus

He must increase, but I must decrease.
Feb 26, 2013
Hidden
✟24,418.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I love Tchaikovsky! <3

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me too! And it's not even a piece of classical music haha
Oh true, but still appreciate such an awesome piece. It's certainly a favourite of mine.

Upvote 0

Zimmer36

Apr 13, 2017
MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
  • Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tchaikovsky is my all time favorite, I love his music!
Not that big a fan of him. I think my all time favorite is Georg P. Telemann.

He just edged out his life-long friend J.S. Bach.

Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Wagner, Verdi, Mozart... where to even begin? It's such a broad and extensive history that it's difficult to even have favourites :)

I love a lot of old religious operatic or choral music, but I listen to so many different composers.

Allegri - Miserere mei, Deus

Mozart - Requiem

Giuseppe Verdi - La Traviata - Si ridesta in ciel l'aurora

La Traviata - Atto III, Scena e Duetto : "Signora..." - "Parigi, o cara, noi lasceremo" (36)

La Traviata - Atto Terzo: Scena ed Aria, "Teneste la promessa... - Addio del passato" (34)

I could go on but there are too many :D

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Btw, if anyone has other recommendations for classical songs to listen to, please let me know.

Plaisir d'amour (The Pleasure of Love) is a very pretty French song from around the time of Mozart. It was written by an obscure composer, Jean-Paul Martini. If the melody sounds familiar, it was the basis for Elvis's Can't Help Falling In Love. Nicely sung here by the German tenor, Fritz Wunderlich.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Love Handel's Messiah. Listening to I know that my redeemer liveth right now. Like Baroque and bought the complete JS Bach collection some time ago. Also like Beethovens 6th and 9th symphonies.

Messiah is incredible. It's a great display of vocal range and includes so many different sorts. It's also one of the few pieces that traditionally incorporates young male choristers, and you just can't beat or replicate that sound any other way :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The absolute greatest JOY of my young life was playing in an award winning HS band and orchestra that blew me away with magnificent french horns and trumpets on pieces like this one, while I was sitting if front of them, the whole orchestra and/or band just swelling behind me, the vibs blowing through me like some kind of heavenly army:

Upvote 0