United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not aware of any horrors.
What a privileged life you must lead where heterosexuals can walk out in public openly. Maybe in this utopia our sexuality is even celebrated in all media even down to ads for things that are in no way connected to sexuality. Oh what a day that would be.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a privileged life you must lead where heterosexuals can walk out in public openly. Maybe in this utopia our sexuality is even celebrated in all media even down to ads for things that are in no way connected to sexuality. Oh what a day that would be.

It's the way God intended us to be. Surely you don't see yourself as above God. Im certainly not going to question his word.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's the way God intended us to be. Surely you don't see yourself as above God. Im certainly not going to question his word.
I am not convinced that there is any such thing.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You wouldn't be here if you didn't believe.

Yet I don't and here I am.

This is a place for like minded people to discuss issues.

No, this is the debate section open to all views. There are plenty of Christian only sections that I am not allowed to frequent.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet I don't and here I am.

No, this is the debate section open to all views. There are plenty of Christian only sections that I am not allowed to frequent.
I'm sure the site owners would welcome you to stay and learn. May God watch over you and your family. Have a good day brother. I'm going out to get some sunshine.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure the site owners would welcome you to stay and learn. May God watch over you and your family. Have a good day brother. I'm going out to get some sunshine.
200.gif

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Skin color and behavior are two different things. I'm sure you understand that though.
hate is the same no matter who it's directed at.

remember racists don't hate blacks because of skin color, they are fine with African American's who "know their place" racists have issues with blacks who choose to behave as if they were the social or moral equal to whites.

Now how about answering my question?

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are a variety of lifestyle choices, and cultures I disagree with. To become a part of a gang where a network of people are involved in prostitution, drugs, and a variety of illegal activities I find harmful to the community. When you become a part of the gang, you are a part of their culture which is a lifestyle that you have chosen.
When you become a part of a religious cult where members stay away from other people in the community; they only associate with their own, children are homeschooled and indoctrinated in the culture of cult they aren’t allowed to play with other kids in the community, men have multiple wives and the cult leader has too much influence over their lives. This is a lifestyle I disagree with.
what do either of these have to do with being gay?

Not that they are people, but they are people who I feel are doing harm to themselves and others

When it comes to the illegal things, they do hide it.
are these thinly veiled references to the bigoted lies hate groups claim are part of being LGBT? lies like shortened lifespans and child abuse?

Perpetuating false witness about a minority group isn't disagreeing it's just pure hate.

IMO if they have to live in fear, that is a good thing; perhaps they will get out and start living a healthy lifestyle.
and thank you for dropping all pretense that it's about disagreement.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
what do either of these have to do with being gay?
You didn't ask anything about being gay, you asked about lifestyles that I disagree with.

are these thinly veiled references to the bigoted lies hate groups claim are part of being LGBT? lies like shortened lifespans and child abuse?
No, they are exactly as I described them. If you want my views on LGBT, ask! Otherwise assume my views are as I describe them

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You didn't ask anything about being gay, you asked about lifestyles that I disagree with.
being gay isn't a choice or a lifestyle. so again what do these have to do with "disagreeing" with gays?

No, they are exactly as I described them. If you want my views on LGBT, ask! Otherwise assume my views are as I describe them
I did ask.

As you described your views are based on the propaganda of hate groups.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
being gay isn't a choice or a lifestyle. so again what do these have to do with "disagreeing" with gays?
Why do you keep bringing up the gay thing? We're talking about lifestyles I disagree with.
I did ask.
No you didn't you asked about lifestyles that I disagree with. Do you understand the difference?
As you described your views are based on the propaganda of hate groups.
What did I say that gave you this impression?

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's pretty disgusting stuff.

People need incomes, they need a means to live. Fo the Catholic church do digging into her personal life, investigate her new husband and then decide to fire her, denying her an income.

Disgusting!
Schools exist to educate children, not to provide people with an income.

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
But a retail store, like a grocer that is owned privately, they cannot break the anti-discrimination laws.
They cannot discriminate against customers or employees.

I don't see why schools (whether they are privately owned or publicly owned) can break the anti-discrimination laws. What makes selling apples different to selling education?
Why do religious organisations need to get into the education business?
Them doing this means that there are less jobs in society for those people that they discriminate against.
Well Christian schools exist to teach things such as math and physics, but they also exist to teach Christian values. Many parents send their children to these schools because they want the school to teach them those values while they are there. A grocery store exists to provide food, but it does not purport to exist to teach any type of morality. So that is the distinction I think.

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No. We should forbid teachers from giving any indication they might be married. For example, no teacher should be allowed to wear a wedding ring in class in case that gives the wrong idea. Nor be addressed using titles like Mrs or Miss. And any female teacher who mentions she has a husband or children should be fired on the spot.

Oh wait, no, no one cares if straight teachers talk about their sexuality like that. It is only a big deal if the wrong type of minority does it.
Well, would it be OK to fire a teacher if he posted a picture of himself as a member of the KKK, or with a biz Nazi tattoo on his chest? I think most people would say that the teacher can be fired because he does not represent the morality that school expects its teachers to exhibit towards its students.

I think it is essentially the same principle on which the teacher in a same-sex marriage is fired - that the teacher does not represent the morality that the school expects its teachers to exhibit.

And before anyone has a hissy fit, let me clarify that racism and same-sex marriage are not moral equivalents.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Well, stop lying. Be who you are or you must know you are wrong if you can't support your views.

There are huge numbers of vastly outspoken anti-theists and atheists out there, so not buying that this is a huge problem. Maybe decades ago.
No, it is still a problem. Some families still disown non-believers. My own cousin is never invited to family events because he is an out atheist. I do not tell my parents and grandmother that I do not believe because it would destabilize the family. I should not have that problem--but I do. It isn't my fault; it is the fault of those who are closed minded and intolerant. Just because you don't see the problem, it doesn't follow that it doesn't exist. Some religious communities are hostile to unbelievers.

Upvote 0