Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I are planning to send out a questionnaire to most, if not all of the churches in our city to take a "pulse", if you will of where they stand doctrinally, and how they function. Our goal is to get as much feedback as possible. So we want to be succinct and brief enough that pastors will be willing to respond, but also detailed enough to get a real read on what they teach and how they operate. Some of the questions were provided to me by a member on CF who found them at Way of the Master at some point. I've adjusted and added to them over the past few years.

Please let me know what you think, if there are questions that are redundant, or perhaps if there are more that would be useful to ask. Thanks!

1. How many people attend your church on average?
2. What is your worship music like?
3. How often do you talk about sin, righteousness and judgment in your sermons?
4. Should the Gospel be preached in every sermon?
5. How often to you have alter calls?
6. How seeker sensitive is your church?
7. Who do you do church for, seekers or members?
8. What is your mixture of topical vs. expository preaching?
9. What English translation of the Bible do you use, and how often is the original Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic referenced in sermons? Are members encouraged to bring their Bibles and follow along with the reading?
10. Is there any church growth model that you follow?
11. What is your response to the use of glossolalia in private or corporately, and gifts such as prophesy, healing and tongues as seen in the church body today?
12. What is your position on the issue of woman pastors? Would your church be willing to have a female head pastor at some point?
13. Does your church ordain practicing homosexuals?
14. When you distribute the Lord's Supper, do you emphasize the need to examine yourself? Do you mention any difference between believers and non-believers at this time?
15. Does your church exercise church discipline? If so, what would qualify as "requiring discipline", how would this be carried out?
16. What are the essentials of the faith?
17. Please share a sample of well-known pastors, theologians, speakers, or authors you your church leadership would gladly support or align themselves with, and/or look to for guidance.
18. What are your views on Calvinism?

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Kenith. I did send out something very similar when we first moved to this city a few years ago. I only chose a handful of churches, and most responded and answered most questions. None of the responses were encouraging, however.

Upvote 0