have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You will be very hard-pressed to find actual blueprints or building plans.

The most you are going to able to find is either a floorplan, or crosssection of some of the more famous Orthodox churches. For example St. George the Trophybearer:
floorplan

Or Hagia Sophia:

58278_hagia_sectio_lg.gif

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You mean the blue print shows where the icons are placed in the Church? That might be useful.

I'm mostly interested in reference where you can clearly see the structure of the church building itself though (preferably orthographic views).

The blueprint shows me exactly where what icon is in the church. They are very useful for me, an iconographer. This is a church that is of a decent size and every square inch of the church is covered in iconography.

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The blueprint shows me exactly where what icon is in the church. They are very useful for me, an iconographer. This is a church that is of a decent size and every square inch of the church is covered in iconography.

Well I'm just looking around atm but if I ever have need of such a thing I'll be sure to pm you!

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No I wouldn't want the actual printouts. I meant like...scan a .jpg. Nevermind...

These blueprints are not exactly small. They would take a dozen or more scans to copy.

Your thread never asked who had them that they could share with others, just who had them. Perhaps you should be more clear with your intentions in your OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps Michael can say where he got that book? Isn't that what the OP is asking, how to obtain these blueprints? :)

The book is in Russian. I got it at a used book store on the Southside of Pittsburgh a few years ago.

Upvote 0

GarnetRose

Let us lift up our hearts.
Oct 3, 2005
Diamond Springs
✟8,237.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love used book stores!! There are usually a treasure or two to be found there. :)

Every now and then I can find good icon books in them. It is worth the treasure hunt when I find one every so often!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.