Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sk8Joyful said:
Have you ever found yourself in situations where,
according to Christians you helped: 'You're a godsend. Bless you':wave:.
But -
other Christians (closed-minded, & unwilling to continue learning), consider you evil, deserving
only to be:eek:burned?

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that they constantly watch you to see if you'll make a mistake so they can hound you for it to try and prove that you were a sinner in the first place?

Or do you mean like other's from other denominations who think you are going to hell because you are not like them? I know what that's like. My uncle thinks I'm going to hell cuz I wear pants and make-up. But guess what? I live the Word and Do the Word and I bear fruit. I love God and He loves me and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it, lolz.

Upvote 0

lordfalconer

Nov 14, 2005
Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Visit site
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Sadly and annoying as it may be, christianity isnt a seal of perfection, people are people, with the fault of people simon peter and denying jesus is a prime example of this. Putting aside theological differnces and legalistic mindsets which can affect most people, in general i find that its simple fear of change and of young people in general, in my church some young people dont get approved simply becasue of the way they look or the fact that we have our own seperate meetings during church time, its simply fear of change, people get stuck in their own rut, and dont want to move from that point onwards, its up to us to change their minds by showing them what a central part jesus is to our lives

ps apologies about me rambling

Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know what? That's a good point lacey. Most times other Christians feel the need to compete with other's when they really don't have to.

They compete and try to outdo someone else, they try to walk in another person's anointing when they are not given the grace to do so. Sad but true :(

Upvote 0

FirstStrikeForce

Oct 22, 2005
✟8,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sk8Joyful said:
according to Christians you helped: 'You're a godsend. Bless you':wave:.
But -
other Christians (closed-minded, & unwilling to continue learning), consider you evil, deserving
only to be:eek:burned?

Assuming the victim has made their salvation sure and is strong in the Lord: there are those who are non-Christians who claim to be Christians, then there are those who are simply sinning.

A common problem is jealousy. For instance, look at when Aaroan and Miriam were jealous of Moses and accused him.

There are many other sins which can get in the way of pure fellowship, however... whenever someone is not acting with a pure heart, this can cause problems.

For exteme cases, like what you may be speaking of, such is mostly common with those who are in cults, that is, in some group which has left the true message of Christ and the Church behind: antichrists.

These people attack you because they are your enemies.

Remember, 'do not throw your pearls before swine, they will simply trample them, then rampage at you'.

Often times this can not be helped, and this is exactly what happens.

They are enemies of the Light.

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sk8Joyful said:
according to Christians you helped: 'You're a godsend. Bless you'.
But -
only to be burned?

Yes, both, and at the same time. :) And, in my case at least, what FirstStrikeForce said is right on. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mat 5:11 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, lie, and say all kinds of evil things about you because of me.

Mat 5:12 Rejoice and be glad because you have a great reward in heaven! The prophets who lived before you were persecuted in these ways.

So I be busy rejoicing cuz the allegations are still raging over 5 years now. Our enemies have worked hard to destroy our reputations. Halleluia. When the enemy comes in like a flood....dance, cuz the music in heaven is already playing.

Some days I don't see it so clearly...if you should catch me in the fog some day...REMIND ME OF THIS POST. :clap:

Q

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sequins

start a new pattern
Dec 18, 2005
Northern California
✟16,876.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This topic has been my major concern lately. Before we judge another Christian, we should first read up on their beliefs before we "criticize." Even then, we should not be critical. Sometimes I think that if that is what they NEED to believe in at that time, then that is okay. I just pray that the Holy Spirit leads them to the truth soon enough. We should appreciate any Christian that believes in Jesus, and that he came to save all of us. :prayer: That is simple enough.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
sequins said:
This topic has been my major concern lately. Before we judge another Christian, we should first read up on their beliefs before we "criticize." Even then, we should not be critical. Sometimes I think that if that is what they NEED to believe in at that time, then that is okay. I just pray that the Holy Spirit leads them to the truth soon enough. We should appreciate any Christian that believes in Jesus, and that he came to save all of us. :prayer: That is simple enough.
So if someones teaching complete and utter heresey and could be putting others wrong, we should just say nothing?

I understand about approaching someone in love, but for example if I hear someone preaching that witches kill babies, drink blood and have wild orgies under the full mooon, I am always going to politely correct them. WHY! Because its the sort of bollix that people like rebecca brown and mike warnke come up with and totally wrong.

If they would rather hold onto their misinformation then thats up to God

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wizeone said:
So if someones teaching complete and utter heresey and could be putting others wrong, we should just say nothing?

SAY nothing?...no...but look into what has already been said...check things out before we judge. When person #1 makes an allegation about person #2...find out if it's true before you ditch person #2.

i find that its simple fear of change and of young people in general,

Wow...what a generalization. Sometimes it's YOUNG people who are afraid of the change they'd have to make when they are corrected.

The question has to do with Christians being persecuted by other Christians. Real Christians won't do this. Real Christians check things out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Qidron said:
SAY nothing?...no...but look into what has already been said...check things out before we judge. When person #1 makes an allegation about person #2...find out if it's true before you ditch person #2.

Thats what I mean. If I pull someone up on something they have said its because I know what they have said is wrong. Some people will react badly not matter how much in love the person saying it says it.......

for example "hey person A, you know how you said about this thing, well I have found this book that says oppisate" as opposed to "person A, what you said was wrong. You are a stupid person"

People will always have differing opinions and points of view, what others need to realise is thats ok, if they are spreading hersey, sometimes a direct post on a board may not be the best way to go about it. But in times like that, thats why its good to ask God, the best way to handle the situation

Rules of enagement from another board just for interest sake

1. Am I only doing this because of my feelings

2. Do I care about this person/people

3. Am I willing to stay with the dialogue, regardless of how difficult it may get, (sticking around rather than just stirring up a hornets nest and running}

4. Am I in a frame of mind to be aware of how my words will be heard, (do I care about how I phrase things)

5. Do I spend more time pointing out peoples isues rather than giving empathy

Upvote 0

ABlindManSees

I'll never go back, just call me zealous.
Dec 15, 2005
WV
✟15,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I never encountered persecution from other christians until I became Catholic, now I can't tell you how many times I've been told I'm evil, going to hell, pagan, damned, and all that.

Weird how that worked.

Upvote 0

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
ABlindManSees said:
I never encountered persecution from other christians until I became Catholic, now I can't tell you how many times I've been told I'm evil, going to hell, pagan, damned, and all that.

Weird how that worked.

Same thing here. My friends keep insulting my religion and I've heard classmates talking about how Catholicism is the Devil's work. >>

At least I'm not alone, but it's hard to hear those things sometimes.

Upvote 0

ABlindManSees

I'll never go back, just call me zealous.
Dec 15, 2005
WV
✟15,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I can completely empathize. I take comfort in knowing that they're just the bad apples, and most protestants aren't that way. Just like there are some Catholics that hate protestants, but most of us pray for them.

Upvote 0

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know, but I actually had my fair share of doubts about the “bad apple Protestants” theory until I reached this website. In my school, only the "more Christians" say those kinds of stuff about Catholics; the ones that are always involved in their church and pray and sing a lot. CF has helped me meet some wonderful non-Catholics, though! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.