floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
notanordinarygirl said:
Yes, I know, but I actually had my fair share of doubts about the “bad apple Protestants” theory until I reached this website. In my school, only the "more Christians" say those kinds of stuff about Catholics; the ones that are always involved in their church and pray and sing a lot. CF has helped me meet some wonderful non-Catholics, though! :)
I dont get the catholic ansgt. Far as Iam concerned so long as you have a relationship wtih jesus christ, who cares what denomination you are

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wizeone said:
I dont get the catholic ansgt. Far as Iam concerned so long as you have a relationship wtih jesus christ, who cares what denomination you are

lol "Christians" don't persecuted Christians for any GOOD or GODLY reason.So of course it doesn't make any sense.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
passionz4God said:
Christians shouldn't be persecuting each other, I mean, aren't we all supposed to be setting examples, not judging other Christians just because they wear or do something else... :scratch:

Amen to that, passionz4God!

Every Christian is going to have his/her own convictions. That's alright, but when one thinks he/she is "holier" than others because of any given conviction, well, it's just not right. Some of the ugliest arguements brew over nearly every issue under the sun: CCM music, playing cards, eating meat, clothing.... the list goes on.

Here's the deal: some are going to think I'm too strict, some will think I'm not strict enough. But hey -- the only one I seek to please is the Lord!

Upvote 0

overthehilltwice

Nov 16, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Pentecostal
All these Christians and professing Christians who are busying themselves criticizing, condemning, and arguing back and forth over petty issues should take a lesson from the Southern Gospel Music industry where you find no jealousies and total cooperation between denominations and groups, and serves to show the love of God and fellow man. They are busy spreading the Word of God.

Upvote 0

~Jacqueline~

Apr 20, 2004
Fullerton, CA
✟185.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last night my closest friend completely turned away from God. It was the strangest thing. She cursed the Holy Spirit. I felt like my friendship with her was severed in that instant. That to me was the worst. Not necessarily persecuting me, but close enough and worse.

Upvote 0

eyesofmystery

Jan 3, 2006
Atlantic Canada
Visit site
✟8,237.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm Catholic and my sister converted to Protestantism when in high school. When talking about her friends, she'd say "They're not Catholic, they're Christian!" She seemed to think that Catholics aren't Christian. Some denominations seem to think that Catholicism isn't a Christian denomination, yet ignore that we were the first one...

Another time a few years ago, I was sitting in the living room watching tv and minding my own business, when my sister's friends started loudly dissing the Catholic Church. I heard them and confronted them, and they started making all sorts of claims on why Catholics aren't worshiping the "right" way (they think we just do good works to "buy" our way into Heaven).

A good friend of mine converted from Protestant to Catholic a few years ago, and his parents give him a hard time for it. They even called the rosary "crap" and made other comments like that.

I'm not dissing Protestants, don't worry! I have nothing against non-Catholics and I think it's great that true Christians can get along even if we're not all from the same denomination. :) But anti-Catholic persecution is mostly the only type of Christian vs Christian persecution I've seen and/or experienced.

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was Catholic as a child and we were of course Christians. I am no longer Catholic, but one of my daughters recently married into a Catholic family. When they were still dating the young man's parents asked my daughter if she was Catholic or Christian. I told my daughter they probably meant protestant..and she said she thought so too...and asked them, but they said "no, you are either Catholic OR Christian...so which are you?" Well, she told them she is Christian and they were a little dismayed. It's been very interesting getting to know them...but I'm not sure they ARE Christian, but not because they are Catholic...but because what they themselves say. My main concern in this is that Jesus is at the center of one's heart...after that the Lord will put all things into His order.

This situation with my daughter's inlaws was very upsetting to me, but now that I've read your post, obviously not all Catholics feel this way. Glad you don't :)

I'm sorry that these "Christians" have been so unthinking...but I've been there, and done that too. Please forgive. We all have growing up in Christ to do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.