davidjones321

Feb 12, 2007
✟140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello from the UK!

Christianity and Christian values are now giving way to politics, "multiculturalism" and blind "science".

There is a petition on the UK government website to promote teaching of Christian and Faith Values in schools! Without these values, where will our children end up? And where will this leave children without a Christian upbringing?

Widely unaware of God. Please ask your friends to signup to this too! It only takes a second!

petitions.pm.gov.uk/forfaithschools/

THANKYOU!!

C

Caleb89

school is the second to last place i want to find christianity. govt is first.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am a firm believer in "Separation of Church and State". Not everyone in the UK are Christians and even more so, the world!!! We have to respect the rights and religious freedoms of EVERYONE!!!!! Just like we want our right to worship Jesus. Teaching Christianity in schools is not doing this.

Jesus Christ Himself, gave the earliest indication that there should be a separation between the church and the state. When asked if the Jews should pay taxes, He said, "whose picture is this on the coin?" they answered, "Caesar's." And Jesus said, "Give that which is Caesar's to Caesar. Give that which is God's to God."

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!

Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello from the UK!

Christianity and Christian values are now giving way to politics, "multiculturalism" and blind "science".

There is a petition on the UK government website to promote teaching of Christian and Faith Values in schools! Without these values, where will our children end up? And where will this leave children without a Christian upbringing?

Widely unaware of God. Please ask your friends to signup to this too! It only takes a second!

THANKYOU!!

Sorry but I just do not agree with this. While I would like nothing more than to see the ENTIRE world come to Jesus I do not want to see us Christians push our faith and beliefs on others. I would not want my kids taught Hinduism, Muslim, or atheism in school so I can not accept teaching Christianity to in school. If Christianity where would you draw the line on the teaching? Catholic beliefs, Orthodox beliefs, Protestant beliefs? Tounges, baptism, OSAS, etc. etc.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hello from the UK!

THANKYOU!!

I would like to see this in the U.S. as well,since so many have managed to get it suppressed here,and we are going to hell in a handbasket as the result! Praying for the U.K.! :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

I would like to see this in the U.S. as well,since so many have managed to get it suppressed here,and we are going to hell in a handbasket as the result! Praying for the U.K.! :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Ummm... Sorry! I thought someone by the name of God is the only one who knows who is going to Heaven and who is going to Hell! Unless, you've been given some DIVINE powers that we don't know about and that you are not sharing with us???

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ummm... Sorry! I thought someone by the name of God is the only one who knows who is going to Heaven and who is going to Hell! Unless, you've been given some DIVINE powers that we don't know about and that you are not sharing with us???

Ummm sorry but you are so young,you have not watched the degeneration of the U.S. since prayer was taken out of school,you do not realize the incredible difference in absolutely every facet of life here,since the attack against everything Christian began and is noticably gaining speed every year. The Baby Boomer generation of which I am from, can plainly see this,because we remember what it used to be like, to not have to lock your doors at night,not even you car doors,with your car parked on the street.Sleeping with your windows open,never being afraid to invite a total stranger in for supper. You have never experienced this world,but I and my generation did.When most families went to church on Sunday and no one mowed lawns or washed cars or went shopping on Sunday,because businesses were not open on Sunday,and most treated Sunday as the Sabbath. America has turned it's back on God and is shutting God out of every area of life,and I do not believe God has not noticed! We are paying the consequences.:cry: :cry::prayer: :prayer: :bow:

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Hello from the UK!

THANKYOU!!
Eh, I used to be a big advocate of promoting Christian values both in public arena and in government facilities. If somehow we manage to get wide support (which I doubt will ever happen with the wide spread of liberalism) everyone would turn christian. That means more hypocrites. We have to remember that God saves, not us.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ummm sorry but you are so young,you have not watched the degeneration of the U.S. since prayer was taken out of school,you do not realize the incredible difference in absolutely every facet of life here,since the attack against everything Christian began and is noticably gaining speed every year. The Baby Boomer generation of which I am from, can plainly see this,because we remember what it used to be like, to not have to lock your doors at night,not even you car doors,with your car parked on the street.Sleeping with your windows open,never being afraid to invite a total stranger in for supper. You have never experienced this world,but I and my generation did.When most families went to church on Sunday and no one mowed lawns or washed cars or went shopping on Sunday,because businesses were not open on Sunday,and most treated Sunday as the Sabbath. America has turned it's back on God and is shutting God out of every area of life,and I do not believe God has not noticed! We are paying the consequences.:cry: :cry::prayer: :prayer: :bow:
Hello again, Soblessed. So we meet again about this pesky "church and state issue".

Ummm sorry but you are so young

Age doesn't matter. I'm young too, but I think the separation of church and state is the best way to handle government and religion. Just because you're young doesn't necessarily mean you don't know what you're talking about.

the degeneration of the U.S. since prayer was taken out of school

That proceeds from the assumption that prayer was "taken out" of school, which I and many others here have established is false.

Funny you should bring this up, too, because I'm taking Statistics this semester (not by choice) in college. One of the things we learned in the last chapter was that just because there may be a correlation between two things, it doesn't mean that one causes another. For example, statistics may show that there's a positive correlation between drinking diet soda and traffic accidents. Does that mean that diet soda causes traffic accidents? Of course not. What the statistics may have failed to take into account was the fact that drivers have become more reckless and aggressive. The same thing applies to the old canard that since prayer was "taken out" of school, the US has gone to hell in a handbasket.

since the attack against everything Christian began and is noticably gaining speed every year.

"Attack on everything Christian"? Please. You take few-and-far-between examples of local governments overstepping their bounds and the ACLU admittedly making stupid arguments, and you claim it's Christian persecution. Not even close.

we remember what it used to be like, to not have to lock your doors at night,not even you car doors,with your car parked on the street.Sleeping with your windows open,never being afraid to invite a total stranger in for supper. You have never experienced this world,but I and my generation did.

That has nothing to do with separation of church and state and prayer in school. Our society as a whole (not just the US) has become more dangerous and distrustful. It has nothing to do with the government's stance on religion at all. Ridiculous.

When most families went to church on Sunday and no one mowed lawns or washed cars or went shopping on Sunday,because businesses were not open on Sunday,and most treated Sunday as the Sabbath.

So what? That's a red herring. It too has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. This is a subject for another thread.

America has turned it's back on God and is shutting God out of every area of life

Both of those statements are false. America hasn't "turned its back" on anyone. Acknowledging the fact that everyone in this country worship God differently (if they do at all) isn't "turning your back"; it's a common sense way to run a country with such a diverse population, like ours.

And how do you propose we solve this problem of "turning our back to God"? Shall we legislate faith? Require people to attend church every sunday and believe certain theological aspects of Christianity? The result would be disastrous - both for freedom in this country and those who don't believe in God. Nobody requires you to believe in God in this country, and that's as it should be.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

Caleb89

Ummm... Sorry! But my age has NOTHING to do with it. Besides, my point to you isn't even about separation of church and state! It's that you DON'T know who will go to heaven and who will go to hell! And you have no authority to condemn us all to hell! By saying that we are all going to hell, you are basically taking over God's job because only He knows the final destination of every human being.

My American History told us last week about a U.S. Senator who, a few years ago, wanted to have the Ten Commandments posted in every courthouse in the United States. This senator argued for weeks and weeks about how the Ten Commandments were the foundation used by our founding fathers when they wrote the U.S. Constitution. So, this guy did an interview with Steven Cobert. Steven asked the senator to name the Ten Commandments and the senator couldn't do it!!!!!

Now, if integrating the church and the state is so important, why couldn't the guy name the Ten Commandments.

Besides, let's not forget the commandment given to us by Jesus Christ Himself: "Give to Cesaer that which is Cesaer's, and give to God that which is God's"

Now, ANYONE who says that this is not an early indication of Separation for church and state, really needs to go back to elementary school and retake first grade social studies and then re-work your way through Jr. High and High School!!!!!

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ummm... Sorry! But my age has NOTHING to do with it. Besides, my point to you isn't even about separation of church and state! It's that you DON'T know who will go to heaven and who will go to hell! And you have no authority to condemn us all to hell! By saying that we are all going to hell, you are basically taking over God's job because only He knows the final destination of every human being.

My American History told us last week about a U.S. Senator who, a few years ago, wanted to have the Ten Commandments posted in every courthouse in the United States. This senator argued for weeks and weeks about how the Ten Commandments were the foundation used by our founding fathers when they wrote the U.S. Constitution. So, this guy did an interview with Steven Cobert. Steven asked the senator to name the Ten Commandments and the senator couldn't do it!!!!!

Now, if integrating the church and the state is so important, why couldn't the guy name the Ten Commandments.

Besides, let's not forget the commandment given to us by Jesus Christ Himself: "Give to Cesaer that which is Cesaer's, and give to God that which is God's"

Now, ANYONE who says that this is not an early indication of Separation for church and state, really needs to go back to elementary school and retake first grade social studies and then re-work your way through Jr. High and High School!!!!!

I'm sorry,but I have no idea how you can get my statement that "the U.S. is going to hell in a handbasket" as condemming individuals to hell! :doh:

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am a firm believer in "Separation of Church and State". Not everyone in the UK are Christians and even more so, the world!!! We have to respect the rights and religious freedoms of EVERYONE!!!!! Just like we want our right to worship Jesus. Teaching Christianity in schools is not doing this.

Jesus Christ Himself, gave the earliest indication that there should be a separation between the church and the state. When asked if the Jews should pay taxes, He said, "whose picture is this on the coin?" they answered, "Caesar's." And Jesus said, "Give that which is Caesar's to Caesar. Give that which is God's to God."

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!
Not at all what that passage means.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Who made the coin, Caesar or God?

Are there any references to 'graven images' in the Old Testament?

Upvote 0

Silliness

Feb 17, 2007
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i don't think any religion/faith should be taught in school, including christianity.

school is to teach education, not faith, belief, or religion.

the only instance that i believe to be acceptable in this is if there's a WIDE variety of religions/beliefs/faiths taught in a class. i don't think it should be limited to evolution, atheism, marxism, christianity, whatever.

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

Not at all what that passage means.

Ummm... well actually there are many, many, many theologians who would disagree with you on that one! Now, not to say that theologians are never wrong, because they are, but even my father, who I would consider to be one of the most consevative - "Fire and Brimstone" -type of Christian that there is, believes that that passage refers to speration from church and state.

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
State + Church = Disaster for Church

That's the position I take. I wouldn't mind more Christian values being taught in schools, but it's all a question of how you can do that without institutionalizing Christianity. Let's face it... you can't Christianize public schools without opening up a whole wave of protests (I think this is true of the U.K. as well as the U.S.). If you allow one religion, why not allow others? There is no way to legally do that. And I wouldn't want to, either... as someone else in this thread states, we can't save people ourselves.

That's not to say that I particularly enjoy the climate of today's educational institutions, but overtly Christianizing them is not only an impossibility but will also solve nothing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.