BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Can you imagine in the recent past if our schools were forced to teach the neocon brand of Christianity.

"Okay Children take out your Christianity books, we're going to learn today why it is important for the United States to create Armagedon so that Jesus can return"

Just gives you a warm glow doesn't it? (It's the radioactivity)

Marv

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have no clue what neocon brand of Christianity is,nor do I know of a single religion besides Islam that has any "desire" to usher in Armagedon,but most true Christians are looking forward to the return of Jesus and the end of this degenerate world. There is a difference.

Upvote 0

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Study Christian Reconstructionism, Dominion Theology.

Proponents are people like Rousas J. Rushdoony; Gary North ; Ray Sutton; Greg Bahnsen ; David Chilton; Earl Paulk

Basically they are not waiting for Jesus to return and set up his kingdom they are going to set his kingdom up for him.

I don't know that they really want Armagedon, it's just when they move in and take what they believe God has given them, they seem totally shocked when people start shooting back.

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/ChRecon.html

Gives a good background on the movement without my political overtones. Sorry for the confusion.

Marv

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.