Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
If you base your views of Jesus on what is written in the Bible, then why do you not accept when the Bible says Jesus is God?

I assume you are talking about John 10:30. In The Message, that passage is rendered this way, "I and the Father are one heart and mind.” They think and feel the same.

When Jesus was challenged for saying that, His response was...again from The Message...“I’m only quoting your inspired Scriptures, where God said, ‘I tell you—you are gods.’ If God called your ancestors ‘gods’—and Scripture doesn’t lie—why do you yell, ‘Blasphemer! Blasphemer!’ at the unique One the Father consecrated and sent into the world, just because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

I'm good with Jesus...and the rest of us...being gods. But that is much different than saying the God of the Old Testament and Jesus are one and the same.

Again, you are putting me up against what I understand the rules of the forum says which prohibits me from discussing points which oppose certain cornerstones of the religion.

But let me point out that there is no understanding anywhere in the world in which a father and a son are a single being. And Jesus repeatedly claims to be the Son of God and not God.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I assume you are talking about John 10:30. In The Message, that passage is rendered this way, "I and the Father are one heart and mind.” They think and feel the same.

When Jesus was challenged for saying that, His response was...again from The Message...“I’m only quoting your inspired Scriptures, where God said, ‘I tell you—you are gods.’ If God called your ancestors ‘gods’—and Scripture doesn’t lie—why do you yell, ‘Blasphemer! Blasphemer!’ at the unique One the Father consecrated and sent into the world, just because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

I'm good with Jesus...and the rest of us...being gods. But that is much different than saying the God of the Old Testament and Jesus are one and the same.

Again, you are putting me up against what I understand the rules of the forum says which prohibits me from discussing points which oppose certain cornerstones of the religion.

But let me point out that there is no understanding anywhere in the world in which a father and a son are a single being. And Jesus repeatedly claims to be the Son of God and not God.

Non-Trinitarian interpretations are very fringe nowadays, because Biblical scholarship finds little support for them. But believe what you want.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Non-Trinitarian interpretations are very fringe nowadays, because Biblical scholarship finds little support for them. But believe what you want.

Non-Trinitarian interpretations are very fringe nowadays because the religious leaders HAVE to have that in place to remain monotheistic. The reality is...and this is likely to get me censured and maybe even deleted so read it quickly...that the Trinitarian interpretation does not exist in the Bible at all.

The Bible does support some level of Divinity for Jesus. Paul, in I Corinthians 15 puts Jesus as superior to everything on this planet including death, but makes Him inferior to the Father. That makes all sorts of problems for people who insist in believing in monotheism but it does not support a Trinitarian interpretation.

Upvote 0