Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lemme tell ya. I wish it was true. Could people still have a second chance after physical death? Technically yes, but we don't see it from the Rich Man. Had he show sorrow, could have found forgiveness? Yes, but it seems he was not able to, just like Esau. However, even if is true, that there would still be salvation during the Millenial Reign, how would this proof apocatastasis? I think it was a doctrine invented by Origen, but I could be just as wrong. Now, the Great White Throne is interesting, the language indicates that not everyone in the GWT Judgement will end up in the Lake of Fire, for otherwise it would not say "for whosoever was not found in the book of life"... however, it could also be limited to the people who were born into the Millenium. I do not have the answer yet.
Another point one could make apocatastasis would be Sodom being rebuilt according to Ezekiel 26, BUT this merely describes the city. Not the people.
JPS Proverbs 24:20
(20)
For there will be no future to the evil man, the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
Ephesians 2:12
(12)
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
1 Thessalonians 4:13
(13)
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
Psalms 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
Psalms 88:5 Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Proverbs 14:32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.​

Reactions: LW97Nils
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All people will become servants of Christ. That is, they will all believe in Christ through faith alone and be saved. So, the book of Revelations is relevant for all of humanity, just like every other book in the Bible.
Isaiah 52:10"The Lord had made bare His Holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and ALL the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God."

Isa 52:10 חשׂף יהוה את־זרוע קדשׁו לעיני כל־הגוים וראו כל־אפסי־ארץ את ישׁועת אלהינו׃
The ישׁועת אלהינו The Yeshua of our Elohim.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isa 52:10 חשׂף יהוה את־זרוע קדשׁו לעיני כל־הגוים וראו כל־אפסי־ארץ את ישׁועת אלהינו׃
The ישׁועת אלהינו The Yeshua of our Elohim.
Amen.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
JPS Proverbs 24:20

(20) For there will be no future to the evil man, the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.

Ephesians 2:12

(12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

1 Thessalonians 4:13

(13) But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Psalms 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psalms 88:5 Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Proverbs 14:32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Correct, this very much refutes universal reconcilation.

Reactions: Der Alte
Upvote 0