Christian Right And Republican Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course they do.
when ? My family have been liberals since at least the 1930s . Unions and civil rights for minorities were the main issues then. women had the vote so that wasn’t as much of an issue. Civil rights for minorities ,well in 2019 we’re still fighting for that one ( I consider gays to be one of those minorities too) . Women’s right to their own bodies is an issue again . Wage slavery is rampant with a corporation deciding whether you’ll get access to birth control or not. I’m so glad in live in liberal NYC. I’d hate to live in a repressive racist misogynistic area like some of the republican ruled states

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, but I'm not in an environment that fosters it. You see, almost all those few who aren't either agnostic or atheistic in my agegroup in this area are like census-ticking Catholics or Anglicans. Aside from me, myself, my fiance is Muslim, my childhood friend is a Lucifarean Gnostic and one of my best friends who is a Buddhist. Otherwise most in my agre group in this area are either identified or effectivly faithless.
How’s the Muslim fiancé handling that Godless environment?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when ? My family have been liberals since at least the 1930s . Unions and civil rights for minorities were the main issues then. women had the vote so that wasn’t as much of an issue. Civil rights for minorities ,well in 2019 we’re still fighting for that one ( I consider gays to be one of those minorities too) . Women’s right to their own bodies is an issue again . Wage slavery is rampant with a corporation deciding whether you’ll get access to birth control or not. I’m so glad in live in liberal NYC. I’d hate to live in a repressive racist misogynistic area like some of the republican ruled states
I see it and hear it all the time.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based on my family im sure they’re just fine. We’re multiracial as well as having different religions. Christians of various denominations,Jews ,Muslims, a few atheists,one Hindu , and at least one Buddhist

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you could explain the difference--I don't see it.
It’s one thing to call people godless which he did not. Another to point out what they believe is not based on sound exegesis.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on my family im sure they’re just fine. We’re multiracial as well as having different religions. Christians of various denominations,Jews ,Muslims, a few atheists,one Hindu , and at least one Buddhist
Question was not for you. Unless you are running two profiles.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It’s one thing to call people godless which he did not. Another to point out what they believe is not based on sound exegesis.
He accused us of believing in an "imaginary God." That is rather more than just criticizing out exegesis.

Upvote 0

J03y

Cheeky lil roo
Aug 28, 2019
Swansea, New South Wales
✟19,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
AU-Labor
She finds it ammusing, she asserts that the existience of a single God is evident and any one who would bother to get to know Him personally would know He is the Abrahamic God. She's not super concerned though, saying it's people in the earliest part of their life who wrestle against Him saying even King Dawud (David) asked that the sins of his youth aren't remembered and that of the 99 Names of God, Ar-Rahman (the exceedinly merciful) is his first and upmost name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She finds it ammusing, she asserts that the existience of a single God is evident and any one who would bother to get to know Him personally would know He is the Abrahamic God. She's not super concerned though, saying it's people in the earliest part of their life who wrestle against Him saying even King Dawud (David) asked that the sins of his youth aren't remembered and that of the 99 Names of God, Ar-Rahman (the exceedinly merciful) is his first and upmost name.
Very interesting. Does she go to church with you and you to mosque with her?

Upvote 0

J03y

Cheeky lil roo
Aug 28, 2019
Swansea, New South Wales
✟19,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
AU-Labor
Very interesting. Does she go to church with you and you to mosque with her?
Though I have been to a mosque with her and her to a church with me, of late we tend we haven't really had the opportunity to go much regularly unfortunately. See, I turned my back of the Roman Catholic Church quite some time ago because I found that the tradition and ceremony surrounding did never helped with my relationship with God. I've kinda been alone in my walk with Him since, most churches I've tried since then have felt either disingenuous, as if it's some social club, or ridgid, as if some court of law. I feel the Holy Spirit more while biking through the bush or out on the surf or waking up next to my girlfriend than in some building. As for her, we don't live close enough to a mosque. All in all, however, being a young adult and getting used to life kinda took priority.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
. Liberals don’t support any of these , racism, homophobia , misogyny, ignorance about science and history, . And plenty of religious conservatives do . It’s not liberal labeling ,this is how the religious right behaves. Their getting their pantyhose in a twist behavior over gay marriage would be funny ,accept that it isn’t funny to espouse a form of “racism” just for gays over them wanting stable relationships . It’s pathetic!

Actually it is pretty common to rail against things of which we are not guilty . I do not see the right coming out against and passing laws against fornication , adultery nor covetousness but neither do I see the left speaking against these things which according to the gospel are contrary to the nature of Christ who lives in us . Jesus being Jewish , did not promote multiple marriages , nor same sex marriage for Christ was about God not about man . As far as I am aware , the first instance of humanism recorded in the bible ( God wants ME to be happy ) is found in Matthew 16:23 when Jesus turned to Peter and said , " Get thee behind me Satan , for thou savorist not the things that be of God but be of MEN . " Satan is not an atheist . He is a humanist . He savorist the things that be of men .
Christianity has reached the same place as the Jewish worshippers of God during the time of Isiah and Amos just before one of the destructions of Jerusalem . Lots of "worship " but no knowledge of God . Pagan influence was rampant . How exactly are we different than those who have not been born again ? What scriptures do we delete so that we can conform God into our image ? A phrase from 2nd timothy which is describing believers in the last days ...lovers of their own selves ...It is about ME and my happiness ...oh, and I want eternal life also . Marriage is about love , not sex ...other wise one could not love their children . And our ( followers of Jesus Christ ) love is in , through and by Jesus Christ , not in our physical attractions ...same sex or otherwise . Otherwise we must write our own religious book , create our own god or minimally call ourselves ..Pagan-Christian . If we do away with the writings of Paul , then we are under Jewish law with the keeping of the sabbath , stonings for adultery , etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually it is pretty common to rail against things of which we are not guilty . I do not see the right coming out against and passing laws against fornication , adultery nor covetousness but neither do I see the left speaking against these things which according to the gospel are contrary to the nature of Christ who lives in us . Jesus being Jewish , did not promote multiple marriages , nor same sex marriage for Christ was about God not about man . As far as I am aware , the first instance of humanism recorded in the bible ( God wants ME to be happy ) is found in Matthew 16:23 when Jesus turned to Peter and said , " Get thee behind me Satan , for thou savorist not the things that be of God but be of MEN . " Satan is not an atheist . He is a humanist . He savorist the things that be of men .
Christianity has reached the same place as the Jewish worshippers of God during the time of Isiah and Amos just before one of the destructions of Jerusalem . Lots of "worship " but no knowledge of God . Pagan influence was rampant . How exactly are we different than those who have not been born again ? What scriptures do we delete so that we can conform God into our image ? A phrase from 2nd timothy which is describing believers in the last days ...lovers of their own selves ...It is about ME and my happiness ...oh, and I want eternal life also . Marriage is about love , not sex ...other wise one could not love their children . And our ( followers of Jesus Christ ) love is in , through and by Jesus Christ , not in our physical attractions ...same sex or otherwise . Otherwise we must write our own religious book , create our own god or minimally call ourselves ..Pagan-Christian . If we do away with the writings of Paul , then we are under Jewish law with the keeping of the sabbath , stonings for adultery , etc.
that’s mainly because the USA has a secular government and homosexuality being bad ,adultery, or formication being a public issue subject to punishment , are religious beliefs. Personally, even though these are against most Christians beliefs I’d still not want a theocracy in the USA because they have a strong tendency to abuse others. And that’s just going on past behavior which is usually dictatorial and misogynistic . It’s also based what I’ve heard several fundie preachers say over the 30 years

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that the religious right has erased liberals' respect for their particular religious expressions or denominations, but most of us still have faith. Our faith may be more spiritual than religious. It may be more adventurous than traditional.

We believe in Matthew 7:15-16: 15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?"

Their support of Trump, even to the point of saying that "God has ordained him," goes against everything we know about God's goodness. The religious right is generally very rules-driven, and they are elevating someone who is pretty much the poster child for the seven deadly sins. It has pretty much robbed us of any faith we have in them.

I am grateful for the good things evangelical churches do in our community--even if they try to preach along with the help. I am angry at their efforts to end government programs that assist the needy.

We tried helping the poor without government programs, labor unions, etc. for 5,000 years----and we saw where that got us. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.