Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I think countries who have outlawed abortion have higher rates because those laws are paired with likely 9 sex ed in school and no free clinics for condom and STD education. I'm imagining Arab countries with no free speech and abstinence-only sex talk. With our safe and legal abortion system, we also have an education and free clinic system that provide sex education and even free condoms at my high school and that was the 90's. Can't imagine what it's like now in school.

I've been in my local public high schools fairly recently and there is nothing whatsoever like what you mention above in place. Of course, I live in a red state, so I am well aware of what a "red country" would be like for a woman concerning this issue, and it wouldn't look very pretty.

I personally have no interest in living in a fundamentalist "Arab" country or a U.S. that has turned into any sort of fundamentalist theocracy, Islamic, Christian, or otherwise, and certainly wouldn't want to bring a baby into that sort of horror show.

The driving drunk scenario was to illustrate a fetus happens to be sharing a woman's body like we share the road. You share space with is effected as an individual by the other person's decision. A baby is not randomly thrust into a woman's body right? They are invited in fact by a woman who accepts a man's seed in her body. She has accepted the ingredient that is designed to impregnate her. Now, when you have done what mammals do to make babies (even if you didn't do it for that reason) you want to turn back the clock like it never happened. Well, it did happen and she made it happen. Now she has a life to care for at least until it comes out.

A road is not an person. Do you think that if I just latched on to some other person and wouldn't let go and they reported me to the police, I could use a similar defense that we are just sharing space and the person just needs to put up with it until I decide I'm ready to let go?

When people have sex, they are not inviting a baby unless they are trying for a baby. They are simply having sex.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When people have sex, they are not inviting a baby unless they are trying for a baby. They are simply having sex.
How do babies come about? And if a baby does 'show up' as a pregnancy is your opinion he or she is an uninvited guest?

Whether or not someone is trying to have a baby or not, we cannot ignore biology. We were designed for procreation and intercourse is what God chose for this to come about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Religious Right isn't about religion. It was never about religion in the first place. It's about politics and power.

-CryptoLutheran
That's the motivation for any stripe of political 'ism'

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.