Christian Mingle is a JOKE (CM Vent Thread)

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Uh...someone off a forum told me to go on it and i went to have a look and I had the same reaction. I dont know why, it just seemed fake. Like the smiling couple on the home page...who knows if they were real or just a stock photo you know?

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't had any luck with Christian Mingle. Most of the men were way to conservative for my taste, and all the men whose profiles I looked at said they wanted kids. I feel strongly that having kids wouldn't not be the best thing for me for physical and emotional reasons.

Waste of time in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: CitizenD
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To me even the name just makes me go "Wait what?" if I want to date a Christian why not get to know someone at church instead and in person? I think I looked at it once before but it was long ago when I was bored.

Very limited range of choices.

However, I'd like to see a congregation-based singles information sharing application.

Reactions: Osina
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are there many success stories using that site?

As I said in post #5, my daughter and her wonderful husband.

My daughter is a smart Millennial black woman with rather peculiar ways (admittedly inherited from her paternal grandmother and father) who is also a strong Christian, and Proverbs 31 is a leading verse for her.

We never gave her the idea, though, that she "needed" a man. We didn't get her into the "whose your little boyfriend" stuff when she was young, and she had other things to do when she was a teenager and young woman.

She had a hard time finding marriage material when she was ready to get married. Frankly, I didn't see much of that around myself.

The fact is that the way it's done in America is patently stupid. Sheer chance. That's what young people in America are betting their married futures upon: Sheer dumb luck.

American young people have to dress hot and be on the lookout for a mate all the time...just in case they bump into The One by sheer coincidence. They start doing that in early adolescence (or even earlier than that, these days).

My wife and I are looking for our retirement home. We could just get into the car and start driving around the area looking for houses and knocking on doors of good-looking houses to see if the owners might be looking to sell.

That's how young people in America seek potential mates.

But instead, we use technology. We go onto sites like Realtor.com and Zillow.com and Trulia.com where people who want to sell their houses are looking for buyers. We run filters of what we're looking for against what is available for sale. When a house appears to meet our requirements, we arrange to take a look at it.

That's a heck of a lot smarter than driving around and knocking on doors.

As my daughter reached her 29th birthday, still unmarried and still a virgin, she tried Christian Mingle and met her current husband. The young man is also a devout Christian and adorable. So are his parents--Christian Mingle scored a two-fer on that one, because she met a husband and we met some really good Christian friends.

At the wedding, I confided in the groom's father that I'd started to fear my daughter would never find a suitable mate. He confided that they's started to worry about the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin-D.77

May 13, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
As long as you are using God's discernment in choosing your partner, you can find people anywhere. I met my current girlfriend on a non-Christian dating site but I used proper filters and questions to weed out those who were not for me. Know your purpose so you can identify one who is best suited for you.

Reactions: justtrance
Upvote 0