Christian men tempted by breastfeeding in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No it isnt.

Where did I say that babies werent humans? That sounds like a strawman arguement to me.
When you said that people shouldn't "anthropomorphize" babies. You do know that anthropomorphize means to give human characteristics to something not human, right?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you said that people shouldn't "anthropomorphize" babies. You do know that anthropomorphize means to give human characteristics to something not human, right?

A case of using big words to try to sound smart, perhaps?

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

taxreliever

taxreliever
Oct 16, 2011
Maine
Visit site
✟8,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you have been on this forum for very long or have looked around very much, because I have seen many posts about inappropriate contentography, nudity, masturbation, sexuality ... stick around and you'll find that the "pervs" are loud. And so are the prudes.

I haven't, but this forum, just like much of what goes on online provides a great amount of anonymity, hence my point.....pervs will come out because they're behind a huge curtain called the internet and a monitor.

What? When? Where are all these women stripping before and after breastfeeding? In your imagination, maybe.

And what do you think they have on UNDER their towels?

I kind of live in America.

I don't think anyone in high school showers "together". However, there are naked people behind those curtains so SHOCK HORROR. The fact that service men feel "uncomfortable" showering in the same room speaks volumes for everything that is wrong with American culture. Men are comfortable with killing strangers but they are trembling with fear that they may see a naked (same sex) body in a shower. *SMH*

I believe I addressed the stripping before breastfeeding thing a few posts back....it's so hard to stay on top of so many responses. :) It's easier for me to go back if you don't mind.

And the towel thing....I thought you were talking about people being nude in a sauna....having a towel covering you in a sauna is not nude to me. I guess I'm confused.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

When I say "anthromorphize" I mean people attribute characteristics of more mentally developed humans to babies.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When I say "anthromorphize" I mean people attribute characteristics of more mentally developed humans to babies.

That's not what it means though. You need to look up big words before you use them.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Looking away is the right thing to do, but women should also use a blanket to be respectful.

The respect is required on YOUR side. Do not look at breastfeeding women and sexualize them. Period. Just walk on by.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's true, but why isnt respect also required on THEIR side?
From what I have seen of breastfeeding mothers - and it's only a glimpse because as soon as I see what is happening, I LOOK AWAY to give them their privacy - they are being respectful by finding a quiet place to feed their child. The vast majority are not shaking their breasts around to entertain or amuse pedestrians, but simply doing what their breasts were designed, which is feeding their offspring.

When I nursed, I did the same thing. There were always creeps staring and trying to see more. ugh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From what I have seen of breastfeeding mothers - and it's only a glimpse because as soon as I see what is happening, I LOOK AWAY to give them their privacy - they are being respectful by finding a quiet place to feed their child. The vast majority are not shaking their breasts around to entertain or amuse pedestrians, but simply doing what their breasts were designed, which is feeding their offspring.

When I nursed, I did the same thing. There were always creeps staring and trying to see more. ugh.

Okay, they were being respectful, but what about women who do it in restaurants? There really is no quiet private place to do something like that in a restaurant. I've heard stories on the news where patrons complained about breastfeeding women in restaurants. Those women really were being immodest, and they should have used blankets.

In restaurants (even non formal ones), you are expected to behave and act decently, and not do things that gross out people trying to eat food.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In restaurants (even non formal ones), you are expected to behave and act decently, and not do things that gross out people trying to eat food.

You mean like.. eating food? Which is exactly what the baby in question would be doing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.