Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm, so the quickest way to get a promotion around here is to offer to resign from staff duties?

I am in a punishing mood right now...perhaps I should apply to be a mod, then offer to resign two days later?

;)

:D
LOL... Not exactly. Mine was essentially a title change as my duties are the same as they were going to be before the change. ;)

Upvote 0
S

Servant222

One thing I HAVE to say though, I am so, so, so, soooooooooo glad I NEVER bothered to participate in all that wiki nonsense. Look what a total waste of time it proved to be! :swoon:
Never look at anything that way- God is always in control; so that was also part of His plan.

Sometimes, God's plan is obvious; sometimes it's not. Far be it for us to question how God works.

My guess is that the moderators, etc. learned a lot from that exercise, and are now in a better position to formulate an even better Christian forum.

And I'm really happy to note that although a mass resignation was neither asked for, or occurred, those who are working with Lee are likely more confident now that they know they have his confidence!

Let me end with another appropriate verse from our Bible:

Romans 8

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Servant2, I won't 'never' look at anything that way. People die horrible deaths at a young age...is that part of God's plan...or the devils plan?

And why is my act of rejoicing at not having my time wasted on the wiki process deemed in some way as making those that DID work on it feel bad? I want to rejoice, I have rejoiced...don't try to guilt me out of doing that.

In any event, why see the glass half empty? You could choose to see my rejoicing as a glass half full...if you must see it any way other than what it really was, at least...see it is a kind of warning that people should get carried away spending too much of their time formulating new Lee-lead guidelines...it could be a waste of time!

Then again, some people like to spend all their time on the internet...something about it being part of their 'human rights' I guess. To such people....fighting back and forth over how to word 'guidelines' (or wiki-inspired forum rules) is not a waste of time...but a very important part of their life.

Glass half full ;)

Upvote 0
S

Servant222

I think the little interaction above may be a good example of how CF may be able to deal with remarks that might cause offense.

First, Gardener101; I apologize if I caused irritation.

I removed the sentence that I think caused the problem- if not, please PM and I will modify even more.

The iEdit (in the explanation for my edit) is just a way of indicating that I have no problem, for the sake of Christian unity, making edits on even minor points.

I don't know if it's necessary, but would you consider doing the same with your original post?

God Bless.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lee, I have a burning question to ask you....

When you bought this site from Erwin, did you pay with real money or CF blessings?

:D :D :p
HAHAHA!!!!!.......^_^

Ya know...that's pretty funny! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
does anyone here have the ebooks for the left behind series?

:D :D :D

Now THAT is the way to derail a thread! :thumbsup:

Welcome, newbie. :wave:

(No offense meant; that's the label under your name.)

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
The reason you can't please everyone is 1) proper definitions of what a CHRISTIAN is haven't been implimented on a "Christian" site.

2) You 're trying to please sheep & goats at the same time. Cannot be done.
Is it the sheep or the goats who wish to separate the wheat from the tares before harvest time?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will be waiting to see if the changes have the effect people think they will. Before the 777 changes I saw heaps of un-christ like behaviour. After the 777 changes I still saw heaps of un-christ like behaviour. I personally am starting to wonder if a leopard really can change its spots?

Will people who very carefully word their responses to make sure they aren't breaking the rules still be able to do that even though it would seem the intent is there? There will still be judgements that need to be made that will be based on opinion so I hope people can accept that when it happens. I'll wait and see.

Upvote 0
S

Servant222

I think most of the time, inappropriate comments are easy to spot. Trouble is, in this day and age of rapid one click communication, one poor remark rapidly launches a cavalcade of similar remarks. I also think a lot of the time, misunderstandings creep in where no offensive was intended- this is because the communication is entirely written, and is not able to take advantage of facial expressions and tone nuances.

So there has to be a quick way of nipping this in the bud- a quick way of allowing a person to question or challenge a post in a way that minimizes embarrassment and doesn't make people defensive.

Perhaps we need a "Poster Report" button- a button that you push if you think a post is inappropriate which notifies only the poster that there is a concern or misunderstanding, and that he or she should re-read the post and see if an edit is needed. If necessary, this can be followed up with a normal PM providing more detail or clarification.

If a poster suddenly finds him or herself receiving a whole flood of "poster reports" on a given comment, there will be a strong natural incentive to make an edit.

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
quote=stranger:My friend,
come out of the cupboard and open the eyes to the blinding light of reality ...

people's right to freedom of speech is being abused every single day here , everyone I know here knows this and sees it as wrong, a violation of human rights

There is no "right" to free speech in a private venue. Once you voluntarily place yourself into such a venue, you agree to abide by the rules of the venue. Your rights have not been "violated," you have willingly relinquished them by registering.

I frankly don't see how any "ideal" solution is possible. Either we can have absolute free speech, which will degenerate into a useless free-for-all brawl; or else we can have rules and oversight which some will always find oppressive, and which will inevitably sometimes be abused.

also there is a much deeper evil here which no-one can stop, it is the use of this site as a platform for apostate religion ... christianity for instance is divided right down to individual differences in belief

... whereas the bible says that all who follow Jesus will be led by God Himself into one truth (John 16:13) (BEFORE death!) ... the division shows how few real christians there are and this place no exception .

At the risk of devolving the discussion into one of theology -- Eph. 4 and 1 Cor. 13 show pretty clearly that maturity/completion and unity in the Faith will only be achieved at or shortly before the Lord's return.

Thus consider how sensible it is to put sinners who do not have all truth of God in charge of saying who is a christian and who is not, who can speak here, who there, and what they can or can't say [no matter how politely]

Jesus said NONE of his dsciples replace him as leader of his congregation of saints... and they all EQUAL under him alone...

And yet He appointed apostles, overseers, elders, pastors to establish and lead individual congregations.

I don't regard this place as a church, but I recognize that in both the secular and sacred realms, a leadership structure is necessary, however much we may chafe under the imperfections thereof.

World religion does not reflect that equality in most churches and this sirte is no exception, creating not only an elite almost free to delete anything on personal decision , but even more elite memebers who make the rules for the slaves who then abuse the members and say it is the rules... what a farce ... it will never work until people DO what they SAY - and believe Jesus that His way of love ,equality, sharing IS the only way, and that their inevitable persecution by others is precious trial of faith in love...

Thus this site already violates the rights of free choice of religion and freedom of speech, alngside the everyday abuse of members because they are disenfranchised and undefended.

Please don't be ridiculous. No one is forced to be here. Why become so dramatic about a bunch of electrons buzzing about on the Internet? It's not like it's the Matrix and we're forcibly integrated into it. We have complete freedom to have real lives apart from here, and to enjoy our "human rights" there.

So there you have it, this site has no faith in love as the way to go, no faith in Jesus' teachings then, no faith in God that is love....

That is not to say that men will not say they believe in love as they continue to sin and abuse others, it is about the reality in christianity itself , that it is divided, showing that it has lost all sight of God and so is run by that other one , as Jesus said it must come to be.... else it would speak The one truth with one voice compatible with all scripture

I don't know that there has *ever* been a time when "Christianity" spoke on each and every matter with only "one" voice totally consistent with "all" Scripture.

Upvote 0

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Originally Posted by Nadiine
The reason you can't please everyone is 1) proper definitions of what a CHRISTIAN is haven't been implemented on a "Christian" site.
At last ,someone recognised one of the main ROOTS of ALL the problems ...

Here is St Paul's definition of EVERYONE who is a Christians :-

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

endorsed by Jesus and the other saints :-

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Saints are thus the 'sheep' and sinners the 'goats' by the time of Jesus' return...

It is thus NOT the time yet to say who believes and who does not believe the real words Jesus said , but we could read them FOR OURSELVES in our bibles and see that the teachings of divided christianity not only logically cannot be the ONE truth of God [because men are divided in their beliefs], but scripture taken as a WJHOLE shows why the beliefs of most men are mistaken

It can be done, but not in the ways being implemented , which are copied from the world, not following Jesus' way of love, the ONLY way that could work.[according to Jesus, but why would so-called christians not follow Jesus' way here ???]

The MAIN problem here ia yet another aspect from not using love as the way ... it is the disenfranchisement of members , the inequality of having ad hoc rules imposed and unjust punishment handed down by sinners on all christians and non-chgristians here .... it is severely unjust because sinners cannot judge aright even if they think they can,,, and when their judgements are wrong there is no putting them right ... the appeal system doesn't work at all and is so cumbersome that people just give up ... the injustices just pile up and no-one in command of the site even cares to look that the system is WORSE injustice than the problems it was meant to solve! It just doesn't care too LOOK at the damage it causes day in, day out, to thousands of people who simply lose their voice here, even their voice to say they have been robbed of their voice by unequal powers of mods ....

censorship and injustice are not SMALL matters , they are very serious sins on this site caused by ignoring Jesus' rule of EQUALITY of all christians... no-one is permitted to judge as a Christian before Jesus return... this site tempts even sinners to judge other people when Jesus would not even let his saints do that, and set NO-ONE above anyone else except himself who was appointed by God to be the Leader since he proved himself to the death to love perfectly .....

No other rule than Jesus' rule can work, God Himself asserts that, so how can we have this inequality, injustice, disenfranchisement, judgement, punishment, unlovingness [sin] on a christian site ?????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens

There is no "right" to free speech in a private venue. Once you voluntarily place yourself into such a venue, you agree to abide by the rules of the venue. Your rights have not been "violated," you have willingly relinquished them by registering.

You are talking about rights under the laws of sinners , I am talking about rights INVIOLATE before God ... there is a BIG difference between the laws of sinners [as copied foolishly in many ways here, including the obscene and foolishly ineffective gagging punishment] and the law of LOVE by God and Jesus , which SHOULD be, but is not, implemented if this is to be a Christian site at all in any sense of the word as used in scripture

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

So lawyers will tel folks, but God is the Law, not sinners ... God warned the mistake of letting sinners make the rules, and thus we have the mistakes imposed on us of censorship of almost all news media by sinners and censorship here by sinners against God's law of love .... it is injustice and thus bad law made by sinners, and one cannot put it right except in such venues as this and the media, the very place where sinners try to maintain control of what people can and can't say against God's law...

Try as hard as you like, but God WILL have the final word on this and it will not be in favour of the sinful laws men make to suppress people saying when we are abused by supposed law against God's law of love...

I frankly don't see how any "ideal" solution is possible. Either we can have absolute free speech, which will degenerate into a useless free-for-all brawl;

That is your presumption against what Jesus taught ... Jesus dealt only in love, not suppressing anyone talking to him and dealing even with those who hated what he was saying in loving manner all the way to the cross ... that is one awesome example on how to make things work by love alone.... it is THE Christian way ... and it is not the way being follow here, the site is copying the ways of the world, not the way of Jesus, and thus is NOT being Christian

or else we can have rules and oversight which some will always find oppressive, and which will inevitably sometimes be abused.

the ONLY people who do not think this system oppressive are those who do not suffer in it... every single friend of mine here some fifty or so that I know as buddies, has a tale of woe about the injustice here because sinners are required by the site to make judgements they are unqualified and unable and too rushed to make soundly... there is no chance of justice whatever , it is simply evil promoted in false belief that this evil is worse than the one it is supposed to fix... Jesus said his way is the only way, why do you not believe him ???

The abuse is not "sometimes" it is everyday , everywhere and the site cares not to look ... it is not some who find it oppressive , it is many , but their voice has been taken from them , they are disenfranchised by the inequality.... powers are given to an elite to control the masses and the masses have lost the necessary power to control in inevitable corruption power induces in people [even in those who believe their intentions are 'good'.... BUT Jesus says what is good, not sinners ...!!!

also there is a much deeper evil here which no-one can stop, it is the use of this site as a platform for apostate religion ... christianity for instance is divided right down to individual differences in belief

... whereas the bible says that all who follow Jesus will be led by God Himself into one truth (John 16:13) (BEFORE death!) ... the division shows how few real christians there are and this place no exception .

At the risk of devolving the discussion into one of theology -- Eph. 4 and 1 Cor. 13 show pretty clearly that maturity/completion and unity in the Faith will only be achieved at or shortly before the Lord's return.

That very obviously is untrue since all saints must be perfected in love during life , baptism of fire, the precious trial of given faith to perefct love in life... most of teh 144,000 saints are already dead , so some 'matured' in faith almost 2 millenia ago ... thus your reading of scripture is far from as clear as you seem to think it is, there thus is much more to understand than you see so far... do not close your mind in partial belief before you understand every word in relation to the whole as ONE truth of God [Luke 4:4, 2 Timothy 3:16 ]

Thus consider how sensible it is to put sinners who do not have all truth of God in charge of saying who is a christian and who is not, who can speak here, who there, and what they can or can't say [no matter how politely]

Jesus said NONE of his disciples replace him as leader of his congregation of saints... and they all EQUAL under him alone...

And yet He appointed apostles, overseers, elders, pastors to establish and lead individual congregations.

You are mistaken in scriptural fact, Jesus did no such thing in the congregation of saints, only Paul did so , as apostle to the gentiles [sinners, not saints ,in this world , redeemed later -rev 7:9-10 by the broad way Matt 7] But no matter, this place is full of gentile sinners ,however we do not have a saint to guide them EXCEPT if we used Jesus law and followed the saints of scripture, which very strangely this so-called 'christian' site does not do...

You like the legal side of things, what do you make of that contradiction , that a christian site does not use the law of Christ ?

Paul's gentile church structure did not involve men judging each other ,gagging each other, punishing each other, and in extreme cases only saints were allowed to ban anyone , never sinners ...sinners are simply incapable of sound judgement because their slavery t sin always perverts judgement... as we see every single day here ...

I don't regard this place as a church, but I recognize that in both the secular and sacred realms, a leadership structure is necessary, however much we may chafe under the imperfections thereof.

As Jesus said, His leadership structure is the ONLY one that will ever work, why do you not believe him ? God did not propose anarchy, quite the opposite... Neither did he propose democracy, never did He advise rule by sinners over sinners, but said where it would lead .... instead He proposed theocracy and set Jesus to be the ling over the king-priests of Israel who will rule and minister to the gentiles in His kingdom come... until then we have simply Jesus' advice and that of the saints, to run our lives by his law of love, NOT the way the world is run by sinners and their unjust ad hoc rules that endorse continued sin against God's law ...

World religion does not reflect that equality in most churches and this site is no exception, creating not only an elite almost free to delete anything on personal decision , but even more elite members who make the rules for the slaves who then abuse the members and say it is the rules... what a farce ... it will never work until people DO what they SAY - and believe Jesus that His way of love ,equality, sharing IS the only way, and that their inevitable persecution by others is precious trial of faith in love...

Thus this site already violates the rights of free choice of religion and freedom of speech, alongside the everyday abuse of members because they are disenfranchised and undefended.

Please don't be ridiculous. No one is forced to be here

I am being very serious, and far from ridiculous, why do you think that following Jesus' way of love is ridiculous?

people are attracted here in hope of having a voice at last to express meekly that they are being abused in the world and would like to understand why God odes not establish His rule, His kingdom over them all yet... so they are not obliged to come here, but there is substantial pressure caused by disenfranchisement in the world to come here.... the site fails in its very aim [once proposed by Erwin, i don't know if it has been forgotten] to bring christians together ... it fails because it sets sinners to judge in place using the scripture of Jesus and the saints to control the site structure and resolve conflicts... setting up unequal rights, a elite of sinners , with Draconian special rights of censorship and banning over people who are no greater sinner s than they [may even be saints of course! who knows?] is just not what Jesus said, it is the wrong way and has led to severe endless injustice and censorship of the voice of the people, members are abused in the name of protecting them and the site fails completely , it has disenfranchised the very masses who came here to become enfranchised because they thought the law of love might be represented here and they miht have a voice at last...

What a terrible crime against humanity to not follow Jesus on a 'christian' site, and just ignore the abuse of the many by the few by refusing to look .. just the same as the world does.. closing off the feedback from people as much as is possible , allowing just a trickle so that the 'masses' maintain vain hope that they may be moving toward saying what is in their hearts, that men want to be ruled by love, by God, not by sinners who abuse them and pretend they are not doing so...

. Why become so dramatic about a bunch of electrons buzzing about on the Internet? It's not like it's the Matrix and we're forcibly integrated into it. We have complete freedom to have real lives apart from here, and to enjoy our "human rights" there.

I can hardly believe you said that... but ...in fact the scripture states that we shall all be changed , in an instant, to immortal spirit.... think about it, in a way it is not so different from the Matrix if our reality suddenly changes to having no physical dependency , no death, no time, no space [unless we choose to explore these things, but we are free not to] -1 Corinthians 15:52

In the meantime this site has tremendous power over many people and could in principle be run for immense good as Christian by following the law of love commanded by Christ, or, as now, it could be run on laws borrowed from sinners' desperately poor husbandry of the earth and abuse of the many for sake of the elite few...as it now is ...

As for freedom in 'real life' , you really do not understand the term 'wage slave' ... it is not freedom to work most hours that God gives for a corrupt system :-
http://tinyurl.com/2uoexg There are 'primitive' societies where men work just 4 hours a day to provide all they need , and live happy lives free for most of the day to enjoy each other and their world... our 'freedom' seems to cause very many indeed to get depressed and increasing numbers to opt out in suicide... it is a clever trick to convince people they are free when they are slaves to evil... but it does not convince me, or Jesus and the saints... so I doubt that God is convinced either...

So there you have it, this site has no faith in love as the way to go, no faith in Jesus' teachings then, no faith in God that is love....

That is not to say that men will not say they believe in love as they continue to sin and abuse others, it is about the reality in christianity itself , that it is divided, showing that it has lost all sight of God and so is run by that other one , as Jesus said it must come to be.... else it would speak The one truth with one voice compatible with all scripture

I don't know that there has *ever* been a time when "Christianity" spoke on each and every matter with only "one" voice totally consistent with "all" Scripture.

That is certainly true of apostate 'christianity' , since Rome took over by killing and scattering the Hebrew saints and the seven churches of God were destroyed [never to be re-established as congregations, the buildings lying in ruins to this day, never rebuilt]

ut the original real Christianity of the Jew, Jesus Christ, Messiah of Israel, always did speak with one voice amongst the saints, a voice in agreement with the OT prophets too...

It is only the apostate 'christianity' of sinners led by sinners , that is not of Christ according Jesus , the saints, even Paul, and the prophets...

Jesus told us that christianity must fall away, that all the world must worship the dragon [Rev 13:3-8] bar only some 144,000 saints sealed [Rev 7:3-8] against sin by God's own spirit of His truth [John 16:13] about love [His Law] ,the beginning firstfruits of His kingdom that would grow after the millenium with countless many of all nations [Rev 7:9-10] who went by the broad way [Matt 7] in this life, but are righteous in the new earth and thus redeemed in life , [Ezek 18:21]
not needing a second death to free them yet again from sin [Romans 6:7]

Thus it is perhaps inevitable that this site be a voice for Satan's way of the world, but it will not stop me witnessing that it is wholly irrational to say it is 'christian' and not run it by Jesus' law of love alone .... why say one believes in Jesus if one does not do what he said ????

Upvote 0

Amoranemix

Democrat
Apr 12, 2004
Belgium
✟16,446.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nadiine said:
[FONT=&quot]The ONLY thing I liked about Erwin's "vision" was that he at least attempted to bring democracy -- I do believe it went too far in the disfavor of staff, but handing them complete rule & reign is........
well, we see the mass complaints prior to 7/7/7 about that; from BOTH sides.[/FONT]
I didn’t like everything about the changes, but all things considered it was likely to become much better than what is now being discussed in the secret staff forums.

Nadiine said:
Well you know the saying, if you cant' beat em, JOIN EM. Time to get some mod apps. Lol
I think I’ll apply, but I don’t judge my chances high. For example Sojourner1 let an opportunity pass by to support my application. In the mean time moderator applications have become secret also. I did not realize it was possible for people to have so much to hide.

[FONT=&quot]
Evangelica said:
Why weren't forum closures such as reports announced?
[/FONT]
They probably figured that those who were interested in reports would have noticed on their own.

Lisa0315 said:
Multi-quoting is evil.
Can you prove that ?

[FONT=&quot]
Nadiine said:
[/FONT]I think it is possible, but would involve some complication. For example to please both those who want to be controlled and those who want to be free, two groups could be created, say the docile and the assertive group. The assertive group would for example be allowed to apply for staff positions, have access to secret forums and be able to wiki the rules. The docile group wouldn’t have those rights. Everyone could choose which group to belong to and thus everyone should find the right place for him/her and be happy. I think I would prefer the assertive group.

PreachersWife2004 said:
There's going to be bumps along the way. I really see Lee is trying to reverse a lot of the wrong stuff that happened in the last three months. Let's give him our prayers that he succeeds!
clip_image001.gif
I see LeeD trying to make as much profit as possible at the expense of the members’ freedom and Christian reputation. Let’s give him our prayers that he fails. :prayer:

[FONT=&quot]
Nadiine said:
This is why Erwin made the changes btwn staff & members to make it more even. The old system was riddled with members complaining... and I notice the main people UPHOLDING and applauding Lee's change on this are MODERATORS & STAFF.
[/FONT]Were members allowed to complain in public under the old system ? I complained once in public and was censored. I don’t see why private complaints would bother anyone. You can just ignore them.

PreachersWige2004 said:
I didn't become a moderator for the power, nor did I become a moderator to silence people. I became a moderator because I wanted to help. I realized that things were broken and I figured that being on staff might afford me some small capacity in helping to fix things.
Of course, they all want to become moderator only to do good. ‘Power abuse, what is that ? O, that’s what those other evil staff members do. I am not like that.’ I am probably going to say something similar in my application.

[FONT=&quot]
LeeD said:
The only thing I take issue with are the ad hom attacks, expecting him to be Superman & answer every question the minute they're posted... attackign him for having a LIFE [/FONT]outside this forum...[1] Judging his motives - the stuff like "he's in this for money"... I mean, that's just nasty.[2] [/quote[FONT=&quot]][1] [/FONT]I haven’t seen that being done. [2] That is not nasty, but probably true.

PreachersWige2004 said:
And I do understand what you're saying. But ask most mods right now and they'll probably tell you that CF right now is their nightmare. (I dreamed about it last night, myself!) And I realize you weren't pointing to me specifically by any means, but you did use a pretty broad brush and I think I got some paint on me - no harm or foul though, I'm totally trying to get rid of that brush myself these days, too.
This isn’t about mods, but about staff in general and most of all about LeeD. Staff as a whole are supporting him or this wouldn’t work.

sc4s2cg said:
Just wonderin'....is there anyplace where an official announcement was made about the hiding of all reports and staff forums (besides All Staff CR)?
http://foru.ms/a3 contains links to several announcements, among which one about reports. Reports were hidden before the announcement was made.

BlueAfgani said:
Hear me carefully. There will be no mod accountablility of unbiasedness unless staff have to answer to the people for their actions.
Usually dictators prefer their subordinates to be accountable to no one but themselves.

Servant222 said:
So here at Christian Forums, Lee has already indicated that the core values relate to Christianity. I don't know how many of the administrators, etc. are Bible-believing Christians, but based on the fact that Lee attends a Baptist church, I would assume that his core values are those followed by most Christians. If that is the case, he will first consult with advisors who subscribe to similar values, and make sure that the foundation of Christian Forums is consistent with those values. He seems to be smart enough to realize that the collective wisdom of several minds is better than just one- so I think we'll see leadership, but not dictatorship.
As long as LeeD selects the advisors it is a dictatorship. Besides, I don’t see how a collection of Bible-believing advisors is supposed to be reassuring to an atheist/agnostic.

Servant222Since terminating staff members is always difficult for a CEO in such a position said:
Better to work with a CEO that you know has confidence in you, rather than one who has misgivings, and tries to accommodate people who might in fact not fit in with his/her new vision- especially if in fact some of those people end up hindering the process of change.[1]
[1]I fail to see what that has to do with honour. [2] That may be a valid POV for the CEO, but not for the staff.

Gardener101 said:
Hmmm, so the quickest way to get a promotion around here is to offer to resign from staff duties?
The problem is that you’d already need to hold a position in order to resign from it. ;)

Gardener101 said:
One thing I HAVE to say though, I am so, so, so, soooooooooo glad I NEVER bothered to participate in all that wiki nonsense. Look what a total waste of time it proved to be!
clip_image002.gif
I didn’t participate in the wiki nonsense either, but the wiki process turned out to be a waste of my time nonetheless.

Gardener101 said:
In any event, why see the glass half empty? You [Servant222] could choose to see my rejoicing as a glass half full...if you must see it any way other than what it really was, at least...see it is a kind of warning that people should get carried away spending too much of their time formulating new Lee-lead guidelines...it could be a waste of time!
Indeed. These guidelines and new wikis look like another invitation to waste one’s time.

TheDag said:
I will be waiting to see if the changes have the effect people think they will.
I predicted that hiding reports would mean I wouldn’t be able to see them anymore. My prediction has been confirmed.

Servant222 said:
Perhaps we need a "Poster Report" button- a button that you push if you think a post is inappropriate which notifies only the poster that there is a concern or misunderstanding, and that he or she should re-read the post and see if an edit is needed. If necessary, this can be followed up with a normal PM providing more detail or clarification.
How would that improve upon just sending a PM ? I once asked someone to edit their post and they refused, so I reported.

BORNAGAIN2 said:
Never mind Lee, I think this is the wrong thread. I can't find the one where you were answering questions. Sorry
This is the ask questions thread foru.ms/t6253178-questions-only-for-lee.html, but LeeD closed it, violating protocol. He preferred to answer questions in the thread NEW CEO at 4U, but he closed it, violating protocol. The idea of answering ordinary members’ questions doesn’t seem to appeal to him anymore. He prefers to contrive with staff in secret forums.

NorrinRadd said:
I frankly don't see how any "ideal" solution is possible. Either we can have absolute free speech, which will degenerate into a useless free-for-all brawl; or else we can have rules and oversight which some will always find oppressive, and which will inevitably sometimes be abused.
Hence the compromise that is called the democracy. It is said to be the least bad form of government.

All supermoderators appear to have been demoted.

There is now a private complaints forum, so that probably means that complaints in the wiki/rules discussion forum will no longer be permitted.

Many of the staff reviews have mysteriously disappeared. Apparently the powers that be think they are worth hiding.

Apparently LeeD has made 12 posts in secret forums so far.

There are probably a few other things that I have missed or are hidden to well.

Upvote 0

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
I think most of the time, inappropriate comments are easy to spot. Trouble is, in this day and age of rapid one click communication, one poor remark rapidly launches a cavalcade of similar remarks. I also think a lot of the time, misunderstandings creep in where no offensive was intended- this is because the communication is entirely written, and is not able to take advantage of facial expressions and tone nuances.

So there has to be a quick way of nipping this in the bud- a quick way of allowing a person to question or challenge a post in a way that minimizes embarrassment and doesn't make people defensive.

If a poster suddenly finds him or herself receiving a whole flood of "poster reports" on a given comment, there will be a strong natural incentive to make an edit.

This is a seriously good and loving suggestion, that is a 'crib' from scripture and thus endorsed by God Himself as a first approach to resolving any conflict... we have interactive fracility and fail to utilise it to help maintain love betwen people in a world that is draining love from people fast enough without help from poor software systems analysis ....

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally Posted by Servant222

I think this is an excellent idea. But noting the climate of the new take-over, I doubt very much if they will do anything other than laugh at a suggestion that we are able to at least in a small way police ourselves. Its a shame.. but it does appear to be the truth.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LeeD made it publically known in his other thread when answering questions that changes were going to be made that were along more Christian lines. He also made it known that some of the Non- Christian believers were not going to like the changes. So if anyone was indeed paying attention to what he was saying then some people should have known these changes back to pre 777 were coming.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.