Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
LeeD made it publically known in his other thread when answering questions that changes were going to be made that were along more Christian lines. He also made it known that some of the Non- Christian believers were not going to like the changes. So if anyone was indeed paying attention to what he was saying then some people should have known these changes back to pre 777 were coming.

"changes were going to be made that were along more Christian lines"

A more correct interpretation would be...

"changes were going to be made along lines that are more agreeable to Lee's interpretation of Christianity"

So far we have.. secrecy, dictatorship, and possible shunning. I do not see any of these as being done in the name of Christ.

But hey.. what do I know.

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I know people are tired but Prayer is effective and God is in control.

It is better to assume the best, speak kindly of others and bless where ever you can. LeeD has come to a very big mess and needs all the prayer and support we can give him. God is working. I know He will be able to work with LeeD too.

Bananna

Reactions: meh
Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals

It is better to assume the best, speak kindly of others and bless where ever you can. LeeD has come to a very big mess and needs all the prayer and support we can give him. God is working. I know He will be able to work with LeeD too.

Bananna

I whole heartedly agree, Bananna! Let's just wait to see what Lee does first and how it will all work out. I believe God is going to do something great in this place. To be able to bring things under control he has to be a bit tough, I certainly don't want a leader who is wishy washy and lets the people in his forum walk all over him.

As for the report forum being closed I'm thankful for it. I found myself checking the place out just to see what was going on, like it was some kind of entertainment. Being entertained by other's sins and mistakes? I have realized it was of the flesh and I'm glad it's gone.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

Bananna

QFT
Well said:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
For those of you bashing secret forums, you do realize that a. they are not "secret" since everyone knows about them and b. there have always been "secret" forums here. Just recently I became privvy to a "private" section because I donated money.

In the end, if you truly dislike where this place is headed, please stop complaining about it and go find somewhere that you like. No one is forcing you to stick around. I can't figure out why someone who is so unhappy somewhere would choose to stay around, yet I see it all the time here.

Lee is doing what he can. He owns the joint, and as long as I have a membership here I'm going to respect him and his decisions. The minute that changes for me is the minute I sign out of this place with no plans on returning.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Will the name be changed back? I know he said there was overwhelming support of it, but I haven't heard if it's actually going to happen.
There was overwhelming support for open reports, too. I'm not holding my breath on a name change.

Upvote 0

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
For those of you bashing secret forums, you do realize that a. they are not "secret" since everyone knows about them and b. there have always been "secret" forums here. Just recently I became privvy to a "private" section because I donated money.

In the end, if you truly dislike where this place is headed, please stop complaining about it and go find somewhere that you like. No one is forcing you to stick around. I can't figure out why someone who is so unhappy somewhere would choose to stay around, yet I see it all the time here.

Lee is doing what he can. He owns the joint, and as long as I have a membership here I'm going to respect him and his decisions. The minute that changes for me is the minute I sign out of this place with no plans on returning.
Because many of us have a number of years invested.

As for secret forums you haven't been a member here long enough to really remember when there were many of them and yes much impropriety did take place in some of them.

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green

"changes were going to be made along lines that are more agreeable to Lee's interpretation of Christianity"

So far we have.. secrecy, dictatorship, and possible shunning. I do not see any of these as being done in the name of Christ.

Seems to me alot!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There was overwhelming support for open reports, too. I'm not holding my breath on a name change.
Ya that one's a little disturbing to me too. Going back to COMPLETELY CF days shows a little bit of a lack to find a happy medium between the 2 extremes we've complained about -

dictatorship of staff (in their privacy w/ out us having a word to say edgewise) vs. all members fighting for power.

God help us, I had hope, but it's starting to fade after seeing this.

(*note - I don't bag on ALL staff/mods some of them are great; I only take issue w/ some for a reason).

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This place never shunned people even before the 777 reforms and I doubt it will now. Please do not make sound so unseemingly bad that this might be a Christian website that promotes Christianity instead of promoting relativism, and whoever thinks they are right is mentality. God is Right and that is the mentality as Christians that we should be promoting

Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
This place never shunned people even before the 777 reforms and I doubt it will now. Please do not make sound so unseemingly bad that this might be a Christian website that promotes Christianity instead of promoting relativism, and whoever thinks they are right is mentality. God is Right and that is the mentality as Christians that we should be promoting
You're not aware that Conservative Christians forum is on 2 week probation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're not aware that Conservative Christians forum is on 2 week probation?

I agree with the management's decision about this 2 week probation on specific topics. This was long over-due because of our poor behaviors.

We did that relating to KJV-only threads in several forums (i.e. Baptist and Fundie).

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
And this has something to do with my answer how?

A few members there feel that they are being censored and cannot share God's word anymore. They have spoken about persecution and all kinds of things there. So they feel "shunned" by their probation.

I'd love to see what John the Baptist or Paul would say if they were asked about 'persecution' and how it relates to a message board.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.