Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
It all goes back to what I mentioned before; "What does it mean to be a Christian?" The Bible talks extensively about false Christ's, different gospels, and warnings about angels saying misleading things. Look at our profile boxes to the side there. What do you see? Protestant, Methodist (no offense), Baptist, and so on. You don't find these terms in the Bible. These are identities we have latched onto based on different interpretations of the Bible and held onto based on continued usage and cultural acceptance. We cannot all be correct, but we can all be incorrect. We have to keep testing the spirits to see if they are from God. Trust the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth as He promised.

It's alright, I understand what you're saying about our own denominations but that doesn't really answer my question I'm afraid. :/

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Was the OP actually interested in an answer, or is this just a thread for conservatives to call liberal Christians not real Christians?

Uh,.. I do believe that my OP states that I'm looking for an answer.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please don't take this the wrong way,.. I really don't want to start a fight,.. but how is there such things as Christian Democrats and or Liberals? (This might sound stupid but not sure if that's the same thing. XD)
Some would, and have, asked how it is possible to be a Christian Republican.

Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Some would, and have, asked how it is possible to be a Christian Republican.

Not sure why everybody keeps saying that because all of the Republican beliefs are basically Christian beliefs. It's the democrats they (we) usually disagree with. No offense to anybody who is a democrat on here I just seriously want to know the answer.

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
es
It's alright, I understand what you're saying about our own denominations but that doesn't really answer my question I'm afraid. :/
Well, I was trying to get you to search out the answer personally and not derail the thread or get it moved by moderators. But, the Mormons believe that Jesus is a separate god from the Father. He was created as a spirit child by the Father and Mother in heaven. He is the "elder brother" of all men and spirit beings (including Lucifer). Jesus was the byproduct of a sexual union between the Father and Mary. Jesus was married. His death on the cross does not provide complete forgiveness of all sins. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

• Informative
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
es
Well, I was trying to get you to search out the answer personally and not derail the thread or get it moved by moderators. But, the Mormons believe that Jesus is a separate god from the Father. He was created as a spirit child by the Father and Mother in heaven. He is the "elder brother" of all men and spirit beings (including Lucifer). Jesus was the byproduct of a sexual union between the Father and Mary. Jesus was married. His death on the cross does not provide complete forgiveness of all sins. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh I see,.. well back onto what I was going to say before. There's a difference between knowing of a person and knowing them personally so I saw what you were saying about that. Like I know about the president of the United States of America, but I never actually met him personally. And I knew about Jesus my whole entire life, only in my adult life did I start having a personal relationship with Him.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why everybody keeps saying that because all of the Republican beliefs are basically Christian beliefs. It's the democrats they (we) usually disagree with. No offense to anybody who is a democrat on here I just seriously want to know the answer.
Is that so?
"...because all of the Republican beliefs are basically Christian beliefs."
That gun control is bad, that single-payer health care is bad, that granting asylum to Central American refugees is bad, that global warming is a hoax? That making Christian sins like abortion and homosexuality illegal for all citizens of a secular state is a good idea?
Those are all basically Christian beliefs?

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh I see,.. well back onto what I was going to say before. There's a difference between knowing of a person and knowing them personally so I saw what you were saying about that. Like I know about the president of the United States of America, but I never actually met him personally. And I knew about Jesus my whole entire life, only in my adult life did I start having a personal relationship with Him.
Yes, there comes a point where a person must accept His provision of forgiveness and offer of the life of God for their condition of sinfulness and spiritual death. From my experience, many people mistake getting baptized, even as children, joining a church, converting religions, getting confirmed, and so on, as accepting Jesus Christ. He may honor that, but that isn't how one becomes a Christian.

• Agree
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Is that so?
"...because all of the Republican beliefs are basically Christian beliefs."
That gun control is bad, that single-payer health care is bad, that granting asylum to Central American refugees is bad, that global warming is a hoax? That making Christian sins like abortion and homosexuality illegal for all citizens of a secular state is a good idea?
Those are all basically Christian beliefs?

I think I'm going to just keep my mouth shut on this one. However, most conservatives believe in the right to bear arms and it's in the US Constitution, so that much I will say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I think I'm going to just keep my mouth shut on this one. However, most conservatives believe in the right to bear arms and it's in the US Constitution, so that much I will say.
It only works if you believe that only conservative Evangelicals are "real" Christians.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please don't take this the wrong way,.. I really don't want to start a fight,.. but how is there such things as Christian Democrats and or Liberals? (This might sound stupid but not sure if that's the same thing. XD)

To me Christian Democrats is quite the oxymoron

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think it starts with what is a Christian? Are you born again of the Spirit of God through faith in Jesus Christ or are you a member of a so-called Christian denomination or raised in a Christian culture? For me, as a former Democrat, I could no longer reconcile being a Christian with a Party that has been rooted in racism from its inception
so you support a party that promotes and justifies racism now?

and whose current manifestation is for the murder of unborn children,
if only Republicans cared a fraction as much for kids after they leave the delivery room. Instead we have the undermining of education, the defending and even promoting of abuse and bullying. Millions of kids are homeless, go without food or live under the threat of violence. Where are the demands and the outcries of Republicans about that?

normalizing sexual sins like homosexuality, is anti-biblical marriage,
we live in a country that guarantees the rights of everyone, even people you choose to not like.

overturns capital punishment,
yay more killing

and, to a lesser degree, promotes government dependence,
did you cash your stimulus check?

racial and economic division,
that is a Republican thing

open borders (lawlessness),
yeah we had decades of open boarders with Canada and what fools we were for it. All those Canadian criminals freely coming into our country trying to destroy our way of life and the family too

and has a general ideology of godlessness and the marginalization of Christians.
you are putting the irony meter into the red here

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly my point, so how can anybody call themselves Christian and supports all of these things? Although a lot of conservative Christians (not me) don't support capital punishment.

I agree. Everything God is against they are for. It makes you wonder? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having been a Reagan Republican I can assure you, now being a Democrat isn't hard at all. As an aside, I thought the point of the thread was about how a Christian can be a christian and a Democrat or a liberal and that question seems to have been answered several times now. :wave:
tulc(notices no one except Republicans/conservatives seem to have a problem with it) :sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm a card-carrying member of party called the Christian Democrats whose political ideology is Christian democracy.

"Democratic" means that the Christian Democrats see democracy as the most efficient tool to advance a good, fair, functioning community for all people and oppose all forms totalitarianism, including theocracy, and concentration of power. "Christian" means political decision-making based on the universal and lasting values from the Bible and our Christian heritage, the universal ethical base of the Ten Commandments and the golden rule of loving one’s neighbour: respect of human dignity, the importance of family and communities, defending the weak, both individual and collective responsibility for ourselves, for our neighbours and for all of God's creation.

"Liberal"? I suppose we aren't since we seek common good and place the golden rule of loving our neighbour and our responsibility for God's creation ahead of the individualistic pursuit of me-me-me and mine and my rights as #1. Economically, we believe that human dignity and human value, based on God’s work of creation, is priceless and always > than market value and money.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Having been a Reagan Republican I can assure you, now being a Democrat isn't hard at all.

Oh really. Well just remember if there comes a time when you need a cop to help you at your home and they say sorry we can't come or your waiting time on the list is 3 1/2 hours. You signed on for the Dems to be elected, which had us DEFUNDED. Just don't say to the cops that it going to be too hard to wait that long. Or maybe then you'll have second thoughts? :sorry:

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

But is it good for humankind?

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
God didn't create borders. God wouldn't support separating children from their families at the borders. God wouldn't deny healing and health care to people who are poor. God said turn your swords into plowshares. God would not support turning your back on the hungry. God would not support discriminating against people he created in His image. God would not support warmongering. God would not support disregard for preserving the planet he created.

It's really pretty easy to be Christian and a Democrat.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.