Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Learn to destroy the ego or it will destroy YOU (the Soul/spirit-Being within).

Ego and soul are the same truth as much as the law of our mind is.

The soul is the pivotal point, but it is not something we destroy, but like a city that God makes desolate (or a woman who is desolate), which is one reflection of the truth of a cross, which starts in Genesis as a commandment kept, until the introduction of the woman (which relates to a deep sleep God causes) as picture of our soul in relationship to the son we are, which shows what is inherent in the commandment, just as this same truth can be found in the tree of knowledge, as being dual in nature.

A great picture of this is Job, who gets new children (10/law) but not a new wife; the soul being something we lose to find.

The law of Moses (all though the whole OT is the law) as being relative to a son and the condition of the soul that births him, genders to bondage in the form of the perception of self, which can be seen in Cain who brings the fruit he has labored for, which is the process of time found in his own soul, through which he becomes in his own eyes, a son not accepted, even though to labor in the field to produce a harvest is where you find the good son, or firstborn in the parable of the two sons, who never comes in out of the field.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who thinks that obedience to The Law that God gave us is not obedience to God is so far into Satan's grip there's no hope. Talk about double-speak.
The ten commandments weren't given to us. They were given only to Israel. See Deuteronomy 5. Your 2d statement is an attempt to manipulate the ignorant. That doesn't include me. You can quit trying to inflame me. It's againstt he rules.
God gave us His PERFECT Law of Liberty to protect us from evil and keep us free. It is the bane of human existence that after thousands of years, and Christ's Sacrifice to give us a second chance to keep The Law, that most are still in open rebellion to God and Christ.
Evidently you don't believe Jeremiah 31:31-33 and Luke 22:20 as they read.
Christ stated the following:

Matthew 7:13-14
7:13 Enter ye in at the "Strait" gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because Strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] The Way, which leadeth unto Life, and few there be that find it.

The "few" who will find the "Strait" gate that leadeth unto life are the 144,000 that will be redeemed from the Earth, exactly as Christ said (Rev. 7:4-9, 14:1-3).

The "Strait" gate is obedience to God and His Law, exactly as Christ-Jesus taught and exemplified.
Very true. Jesus didn't teach the or require the law be kept. You haven't found the narrow gate yet. You also can't threaten me with manipulation. Yes I know about Matthew 19 which you don't understand because you forget much Scripture. If you want to go there, we can. By-the-way, how many members are in your church. Seems that not even all of them will make it in. Why should I join?
<Staff Edit>
<Staff Edit>

The "self" MUST be crucified DAILY exactly as both Christ and Paul said.

Luke 9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
But you say follow the law, not Jesus. Now quote 1 John 2:6 for us. I'm ready for that one too.
Galatians 2:20 My "Self" is crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I (the "Self"), but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
No it's the law that live in you. Jesus live within me through the Holy Spirit.This is why we're different and having this exchange.
Anyone who doesn't learn to overcome their "self" i.e. crucify the "self" daily (and all of its selfish wants and desires) will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God, but will instead spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.
Self sacrifice and overcoming the flesh won't get a person through those awesome gates. Jesus said you will come through Him alone or you won't get in. This excludes the law.
Only the ego/"self" is offended by this LOVING warning.
True enough. Do yuo get brownie point for converting a person to your church and destroying their soul? Galatians 5:1-5

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Freeman, are you intentionally evading my post #258, if so why?

Are you telling us that only 144,000 people, out of the billions that have been born on this Earth, will enter into Heaven? I have a much better chance to win the lottery than you propose my chances to gain eternal life and I don't even play it. After all I am just a sinner who has claimed the promise that I am saved by the Grace of Jesus my Savior who shed His blood that I might live eternally with Him.

If your theory is correct then why does the Holy Spirit waste His time working in me showing me more and more how to live a righteous life? Your post is a downer to us and to yourself. You are in my prayers friend.

Jude1:
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Luke 9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

To take up a cross is like Truth high and lifted up. A Truth cast down becomes a serpent. Just like the rod of Moses and Aaron are picture of this... Christ on the cross...the antidote for being bit by a serpent...and the mystery hidden - Christ IN you. To become blind to SEE the son that we are IN Him...

"Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth."

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Confusion becomes introduced (for those who call themselves christian) when we don't understand why Jesus was sent to the Jews, and to what end he was a picture of to their religion (which is the equvialent of the law of their mind, and how this law that they went about to keep crucified the truth of who they were in relationship to God as their father, which the Lamb is one picture of.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When our soul (Genesis) is not enclosed it reveals our nakedness, which is the what the the process found in the law of Moses reveals, no less than what the Bible becomes to us at first, something that looks right, but yet by design to bring us to a death, like the exasperated question/statement of Israel (when they were between heaven and hell, or Egypt and the promise land) ... what did he bring us out here for, to slay us ! ... (which is a truth of the soul) ... and It's answer ... a resounding yes.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yeah yeah christ is the end of the law because the law is bounded by sin and to only orient yourself by the law makes you quench the spirit. we are not robots, we are souls/spirits.

if sin overcomes man then man becomes possessed to use the law to sin. if man lives in the Holy Spirit then man not only fulfills the law in Christ but he lives in a higher order of things that is far greater a glory than the law is.

or in the words of the gospel:

Mark 2:23 - 3:6 (YLT)
And it came to pass--he is going along on the sabbaths through the corn-fields--and his disciples began to make a way, plucking the ears, and the Pharisees said to him, `Lo, why do they on the sabbaths that which is not lawful?' And he said to them, `Did ye never read what David did, when he had need and was hungry, he and those with him? how he went into the house of God, (at `Abiathar the chief priest,') and the loaves of the presentation did eat, which it is not lawful to eat, except to the priests, and he gave also to those who were with him?' And he said to them, `The sabbath for man was made, not man for the sabbath, so that the son of man is lord also of the sabbath.' And he entered again into the synagogue, and there was there a man having the hand withered, and they were watching him, whether on the sabbaths he will heal him, that they might accuse him. And he saith to the man having the hand withered, `Rise up in the midst.' And he saith to them, `Is it lawful on the sabbaths to do good, or to do evil? life to save, or to kill?' but they were silent. And having looked round upon them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their heart, he saith to the man, `Stretch forth thy hand;' and he stretched forth, and his hand was restored whole as the other; and the Pharisees having gone forth, immediately, with the Herodians, were taking counsel against him how they might destroy him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is no life or salvation outside the kingdom of God no matter what you think or try to justify yourself with. to try to obey the law with your own self-will or to believe with your self-will that Jesus saves you are both wrong. only living the life in the Spirit is true and good. the Spirit is real and if we are not with God then we are against him. God will not be mocked, what you reap you shall sow. therefore cling to God with all you are.

a promise indicates a fellowship of minds and hearts. a promise is not some kind of legislative justification. the Father loves his Son. the Son loves his Father. that's that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... and the Pharisees having gone forth, immediately, with the Herodians, were taking counsel against him how they might destroy him.

The law in action ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums