Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Paul states point blank that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone that believes - Rom. 10:4. Belief or faith is the only requirement under the gospel which sweeps away all the works of man. The glorious good news of the gospel is that Justification is a universal and finished fact. That God thru Christ has forgiven the sins of the whole world whether men believe it or not. Those that try to keep the law in the age of grace are basically saying with their works that they reject the finished work of Christ. Next two impossible situations are presented with ascending into heaven to bring Christ down or descending into the deep to raise Christ from the dead. The old saying of climbing the highest mountain or crossing the farthest ocean comes to mind where men will do the hardest things imaginable instead of just living by faith and trust in Christ. We attain righteousness thru no works, no wisdom, no effort, no wealth and no honor. Many want to be regarded as righteous because they know much, read much, teach much or because they do great service in the church but all this is rejected by God. We only obtain the true righteousness of Christ by believing sincerely the promises of God.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Paul states point blank that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone that believes - Rom. 10:4. Belief or faith is the only requirement under the gospel which sweeps away all the works of man. The glorious good news of the gospel is that Justification is a universal and finished fact. That God thru Christ has forgiven the sins of the whole world whether men believe it or not. Those that try to keep the law in the age of grace are basically saying with their works that they reject the finished work of Christ. Next two impossible situations are presented with ascending into heaven to bring Christ down or descending into the deep to raise Christ from the dead. The old saying of climbing the highest mountain or crossing the farthest ocean comes to mind where men will do the hardest things imaginable instead of just living by faith and trust in Christ. We attain righteousness thru no works, no wisdom, no effort, no wealth and no honor. Many want to be regarded as righteous because they know much, read much, teach much or because they do great service in the church but all this is rejected by God. We only obtain the true righteousness of Christ by believing sincerely the promises of God.

Amen :)

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Love is greater than faith.
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You posted Mt 25:31-46 But do you understand it? Do you see the by Grace through Faith apart from ANY of our works, but soley because of the cross work of Christ in this scripture? Or do you see a synergistic work of both God and us working together for our salvation?

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You posted Mt 25:31-46 But do you understand it? Do you see the by Grace through Faith apart from ANY of our works, but soley because of the cross work of Christ in this scripture? Or do you see a synergistic work of both God and us working together for our salvation?
Love is greater than faith, nothing in this world is worth anything but God's word and love.
James chapter 2
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Love is greater than faith.
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Consider the judgment of two classes of people. What was the difference between those called goats from those called sheep?

The sheep will be divided from the goats not based on works but as the Shepard knows them to be, sheep or goats. And how does a Shepherd do this? with his staff (The Word! The word of the gospel)

And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
Matthew 25:33 NKJV

They are separated before anything is mentioned of works whether good or bad. You are either on his right or his left. Those on his right have one judgment; and those on his left have another (a different) judgment. Those of his right are called blessed. those on his left, cursed.

Matthew 25:31-46 NKJV

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

The difference was their judgment and not their deeds. To the sheep "As often as you did it, you did it to me". To the goats, "As often as you did not do it, you did not do it to me."

Two different judgments, one of grace and the other a judgment of law. Both those on His right and left were surprised. The sheep, "When did we see you... and minister unto you." The goats, "When did we see you... and not minister unto you."

To put things in perspective, Jesus will say to that one thief who hung on the cross next to Him who said "Remember me when you go into your kingdom", Jesus will say to that man (Sheep of His fold) "As often as you have fed the hungry, visited the sick..., you have done it unto Me."

And to those like the lawyer, to whom He said, "Do this and you shall live.", He will say, "As often as you did not do..."

And here we see the difference between the blessings and those who are blessed, and the curse and those who are cursed.

The blessed are those who are forgiven, those who have the imputed righteousness of Christ.
Romans 4:7-8 NKJV

“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”

Galatians 2:20 NKJV

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

But the cursed are those who, standing in their own righteousness, have not the righteousness of Christ imputed to them.

Galatians 3:10-12 NKJV

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

I John 2:12 NKJV

I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.

And you do know Him and you know the way. Jesus is the way the truth and the life.

You are only forgiven for His name's sake. Made Sheep by the gospel alone and having been made a Sheep by grace through faith on account of Christ you and all your works are blessed in Him.

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Do you know what Love is? Of course Love is grester than faith. For it was the love of God that sent us His Son that we might be saved by faith and not by our works.

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
I John 4:10 NKJV

Here is love - God's love in sending His son...

What love is not about is us loving God; it's about Him, it's about Him, its about Him Loving us, sending His Son for us, Him dying for us. It's about what He did not about what we do.

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
John 5:39‭-‬40 NKJV

It's about Him so that He might freely give us Himself. It's about Him so that He is for us, for our salvation.

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
Philippians 3:8‭-‬9 NKJV

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you know what Love is? Of course Love is grester than faith. For it was the love of God that sent us His Son that we might be saved by faith and not by our works.

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
I John 4:10 NKJV

Here is love - God's love in sending His son...

What love is not about is us loving God; it's about Him, it's about Him, its about Him Loving us, sending His Son for us, Him dying for us. It's about what He did not about what we do.
15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
So your saying it's alright to be selfish, and love of money is fine.

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Is that what I said, disciple1?

How did you get there from what I said?

No sin is NOT "OK"!

But that God saves sinners is a true saying:

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
I Timothy 1:15 NKJV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is that what I said, disciple1?

How did you get there from what I said?

No sin is NOT "OK"!

But that God saves sinners is a true saying:

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
Sorry it sounded like that's what you were saying, I believe Christ died for every sin except selfishness.
James chapter 2
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
"Sorry it sounded like that's what you were saying, I believe Christ died for every sin except selfishness." - disciple1

Except selfishness? Then you, nor I or any other sinner will be saved, if that's a sin that Jesus didn't atone for.

disciple1, I would be happy to talk to you about James, but he is not relevant to the subject of justification before God, hiw one is saved throgh faith. James is speaking of a different justification, one that is concerning the deeds of men. "Do you have faith?" Is a question that comes to those boasting of their faith while neglecting the poor and needy. This is not a vertical relationship James is speaking about but a horizontal relationship with the brother. Otherwise James and Paul are at odds with each other.

But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
Romans 4:5 NKJV

It seems to be a contradiction. God justifies the ungodly.

Jesus died even for your selfishness, disciple1.

The unforgivable sin is unbelief because it rejects this grace and mercy of God freely given through the spilled blood of Jesus Christ.

The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our lord

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Sorry it sounded like that's what you were saying, I believe Christ died for every sin except selfishness." - disciple1

Except selfishness? Then you, nor I or any other sinner will be saved, if that's a sin that Jesus didn't atone for.

disciple1, I would be happy to talk to you about James, but he is not relevant to the subject of justification before God, hiw one is saved throgh faith. James is speaking of a different justification, one that is concerning the deeds of men. "Do you have faith?" Is a question that comes to those boasting of their faith while neglecting the poor and needy. This is not a vertical relationship James is speaking about but a horizontal relationship with the brother. Otherwise James and Paul are at odds with each other.

But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
Romans 4:5 NKJV

It seems to be a contradiction. God justifies the ungodly.

Jesus died even for your selfishness, disciple1.

The unforgivable sin is unbelief because it rejects this grace and mercy of God freely given through the spilled blood of Jesus Christ.

The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our lord
Christ is the end of the law yes, but not the end of love only the beginning.
Matthew chapter 21
32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
Luke chapter 3

7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 9 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 “What should we do then?” the crowd asked.

11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

12 Even tax collectors came to be baptized. “Teacher,” they asked, “what should we do?”

13 “Don’t collect any more than you are required to,” he told them.

14 Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?”

He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Matthew chapter 21
32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
Luke chapter 3

7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 9 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

12 Even tax collectors came to be baptized. “Teacher,” they asked, “what should we do?”

He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”
And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’
Acts 22:16 NKJV
Acts 22:16; And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, #Acts 2:38; 1 Cor. 6:11; (Eph. 5:26); Heb. 10:22and wash away your sins, #Acts 9:14; Rom. 10:13calling on the name of the Lord.’

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Matthew chapter 21
Luke chapter 3

"What should we do?"

The question of what you should do is easily answered as seen by what John the Baptist tells those coming to be baptised. Do what is right! Give to them that are in need... essentially love God and love your neighbour.

The law of God needs to be kept. But even if you kept all the law, you could only say, "I'm an unprofitable servant because I have only done what was commanded."

So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’ ”
Luke 17:10 NKJV

No, keeping the law does not give you salvation. And it does not bring you any closer to Salvation so keeping the law is what you ought to do for that is what is commanded of all of us.

But what if you're not keeping the law? What if instead of being "Content with your wages" you are discontent with your wages? Especially since the wages of sin is death.

None of you even keep the law!

Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?”
John 7:19 NKJV

But speaking of John the Baptist:

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matthew 11:12 NKJV

One such example of the above is a woman who is breaking the law to get to Jesus:

for he had an only daughter about twelve years of age, and she was dying. But as He went, the multitudes thronged Him. Now a woman, having a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any, came from behind and touched the border of His garment. And immediately her flow of blood stopped. And Jesus said, “Who touched Me?” When all denied it, Peter and those with him said, “Master, the multitudes throng and press You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’ ” But Jesus said, “Somebody touched Me, for I perceived power going out from Me.” Now when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before Him, she declared to Him in the presence of all the people the reason she had touched Him and how she was healed immediately. And He said to her, “Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”
Luke 8:42‭-‬48 NKJV

This woman with the flow of blood was required to stay away from other people; and if anybody came near to say "Unclean, unclean!" but she instead pressed through the crowd to get to Jesus and even touch Him. Uzzah, in the Old Testament touched the Ark of God and because of that he died.

The law is not of Faith!

Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.” Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Galatians 3:12‭-‬14 NKJV

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” " Acts 16:31-33 NKJV

So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized.

The Rich Young Ruler with operating under the law can you have to fulfill the law perfectly and this he could not do nor any of us can that is why Christ said with man it is impossible. The Philippian Jailer however receive salvation through the gospel of Christ. All things are possible with God. And this man Jesus Christ is God and saves all those who call on him. For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is how the Apostle Paul called on the name of the Lord and was saved; it wasn't by the Damascus Road experience, it was when he was baptized for this is a calling on the name of the Lord. In baptism the Lord put his name on you.

And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

• Winner
Reactions: Tangible
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"What should we do?"

The question of what you should do is easily answered as seen by what John the Baptist tells those coming to be baptised. Do what is right! Give to them that are in need... essentially love God and love your neighbour.

The law of God needs to be kept. But even if you kept all the law, you could only say, "I'm an unprofitable servant because I have only done what was commanded."

So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’ ”
Luke 17:10 NKJV

No, keeping the law does not give you salvation. And it does not bring you any closer to Salvation so keeping the law is what you ought to do for that is what is commanded of all of us.

But what if you're not keeping the law? What if instead of being "Content with your wages" you are discontent with your wages? Especially since the wages of sin is death.

None of you even keep the law!

Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?”
John 7:19 NKJV

But speaking of John the Baptist:

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matthew 11:12 NKJV

One such example of the above is a woman who is breaking the law to get to Jesus:

for he had an only daughter about twelve years of age, and she was dying. But as He went, the multitudes thronged Him. Now a woman, having a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any, came from behind and touched the border of His garment. And immediately her flow of blood stopped. And Jesus said, “Who touched Me?” When all denied it, Peter and those with him said, “Master, the multitudes throng and press You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’ ” But Jesus said, “Somebody touched Me, for I perceived power going out from Me.” Now when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before Him, she declared to Him in the presence of all the people the reason she had touched Him and how she was healed immediately. And He said to her, “Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”
Luke 8:42‭-‬48 NKJV

This woman with the flow of blood was required to stay away from other people; and if anybody came near to say "Unclean, unclean!" but she instead pressed through the crowd to get to Jesus and even touch Him. Uzzah, in the Old Testament touched the Ark of God and because of that he died.

The law is not of Faith!

Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.” Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Galatians 3:12‭-‬14 NKJV

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” " Acts 16:31-33 NKJV

So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized.

The Rich Young Ruler with operating under the law can you have to fulfill the law perfectly and this he could not do nor any of us can that is why Christ said with man it is impossible. The Philippian Jailer however receive salvation through the gospel of Christ. All things are possible with God. And this man Jesus Christ is God and saves all those who call on him. For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is how the Apostle Paul called on the name of the Lord and was saved; it wasn't by the Damascus Road experience, it was when he was baptized for this is a calling on the name of the Lord. In baptism the Lord put his name on you.

All I'm saying is faith in Jesus without love is nothing, and faith in Jesus with love is everything.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul states point blank that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone that believes - Rom. 10:4. Belief or faith is the only requirement under the gospel which sweeps away all the works of man. The glorious good news of the gospel is that Justification is a universal and finished fact. That God thru Christ has forgiven the sins of the whole world whether men believe it or not. Those that try to keep the law in the age of grace are basically saying with their works that they reject the finished work of Christ.
Some try to tell us He didn't finish what He came to do This happens when we press them with Matt5:17-18. They are semi Torah observant and expounding reasons why they are not able to observe all the law.

Next two impossible situations are presented with ascending into heaven to bring Christ down or descending into the deep to raise Christ from the dead. The old saying of climbing the highest mountain or crossing the farthest ocean comes to mind where men will do the hardest things imaginable instead of just living by faith and trust in Christ. We attain righteousness thru no works, no wisdom, no effort, no wealth and no honor. Many want to be regarded as righteous because they know much, read much, teach much or because they do great service in the church but all this is rejected by God. We only obtain the true righteousness of Christ by believing sincerely the promises of God.
I wonder why that is so very hard to comprehend. My only thought is that they are programed to believe something and no matter what the Holy Writ is telling us they proceed in their own ways. I remember if I wanted a piece of pie I had to do something to earn it. That is a difficult thought to break.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some try to tell us He didn't finish what He came to do This happens when we press them with Matt5:17-18. They are semi Torah observant and expounding reasons why they are not able to observe all the law.

I wonder why that is so very hard to comprehend. My only thought is that they are programed to believe something and no matter what the Holy Writ is telling us they proceed in their own ways. I remember if I wanted a piece of pie I had to do something to earn it. That is a difficult thought to break.
Love is everything, God is love.
Jeremiah 22:16New International Version (NIV)
16 He defended the cause of the poor and needy,
and so all went well.
Is that not what it means to know me?”
declares the Lord.

Upvote 0