Dec 8, 2011
✟120,714.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not sure I am exactly new. I may have popped in after I turned 50 but I'm not sure I want to surf the thread to find out.

There doesn't seem to be a place that says "I feel like 80, act like 40, but I am just about 60". Yeah, I would fit there.
I considered an online dating site but figured it was really just new friends I was in need of. Not that I haven't got lots of friends. I have many interests.
  • grandchildren (with a new one on the way)
  • novel writing (maybe I should consider having one publish formally soon)
  • day job (just started in November)
  • Children's ministries (AWANA)
  • Women's ministries (I write and deliver the devotion once a month)
  • Karaoke (at a family restaurant)
  • Axe throwing (waiting for the weather to warm up so I can practice)
I'm sure there is more but they don't warrant an offical title.

Welcome to the forum, rainbow promise. As Tom says, you sound very busy. There is a Newbie thread, but that might also take a long time to search. The important thing is, you're here now. I hope you feel blessed by being here.

Gillian

• Friendly
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

rainbowpromise

Senior Contributor
May 10, 2006
British Columbia
✟26,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Welcome to the forum, rainbow promise. As Tom says, you sound very busy. There is a Newbie thread, but that might also take a long time to search. The important thing is, you're here now. I hope you feel blessed by being here.

Gillian
I originally joined CF 13 years ago. I then was part of a group titled "Unequally Yoked." That group folded when they gave us a single moderator. Would have been fine but the moderator wanted to give us all advice.
I came back for a short time in 2014 because I was so bored sitting at home waiting for something to happen. Boredom didn't last long when they let me drive again.
The reason I am back now is because I am newly single. The hard way. I am uncertain of my husbands eternal place, but God brought me to a place of knowing I did what was required of me. I can't say I did it without internal struggle, but then that puts me right there with many biblical examples.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I tried sleep at a normal time like most people, but I couldn't go to sleep after two hours. So, here I am. I decided to read God's Word some and found the following quickly after doing a search for love:

(Matthew 22:36-40 [KJV]) [36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Just two commandments, and they look simple at first glance. Look again and realize how hard it would be to obey Jesus. You couldn't even get close without the help of the Holy Spirit of God. I can easily see how LOVE would encompass all of the other commandments - just think about this.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,714.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I originally joined CF 13 years ago. I then was part of a group titled "Unequally Yoked." That group folded when they gave us a single moderator. Would have been fine but the moderator wanted to give us all advice.
I came back for a short time in 2014 because I was so bored sitting at home waiting for something to happen. Boredom didn't last long when they let me drive again.
The reason I am back now is because I am newly single. The hard way. I am uncertain of my husbands eternal place, but God brought me to a place of knowing I did what was required of me. I can't say I did it without internal struggle, but then that puts me right there with many biblical examples.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with 'Unequally Yoked' and also that you're now newly single. That's a difficult place to be. I take it your husband passed away. I remember as a young person worrying about a man known to our family who had died and whose position before God we didn't know. My mum told me none of us ever knows what a person's relationship with God is at death, because they could have put their trust in Jesus without telling anyone. That was very reassuring to me.

Have you looked at the Singles forum?

Blessings,

Gillian

Upvote 0

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm back with a new computer. The old one self-destructed or was helped along by all of the storms we've been having. I hope to have everything going at least 50% by tomorrow night. I lost a lot of settings. The only good thing is that the new computer is great. I missed you all, and you have been in my prayers.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm back with a new computer. The old one self-destructed or was helped along by all of the storms we've been having. I hope to have everything going at least 50% by tomorrow night. I lost a lot of settings. The only good thing is that the new computer is great. I missed you all, and you have been in my prayers.
So pleased to hear that you are sorted out with your computer. I was having problems too and my husband replaced the 'router' not sure what it is but everything is working fine now. And yes, even though it was only a a few hours, I too felt cut off. :)

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟790,449.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
So pleased to see you back Tom. I wondered where you were and hoped that you were okay. Glad to know that you are and I trust that you get your computer settings reset soon and are able to enjoy your new computer. Thanks for your prayers; you have been in mine and 'seeing' you again is an answer to one of them. :)

Upvote 0

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I sincerely appreciate the prayers, and I know that I really needed them. We had many events of bad weather while I was gone. Things are just now settling down.

Things worked out that we had some extra money, so I got a pretty nice computer. I give thanks and hope to use it for God's Glory.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,714.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome back Tom - hope your new computer serves you well. A computer has become one of those things we can't do without these days.

Today has been busy. We had friends with us this morning for morning tea and coffee, for which we had to spend some time tidying and vacuuming. Later on I did a supermarket shop and went to one of our local Chinese restaurants for take outs. Unfortunately, when I got home we discovered that one of the meals was not what we had ordered, so I had to ring up and go back down for the correct one.

Tomorrow we're expecting my niece and her boyfriend for lunch, after which I've to leave them to the airport to catch their flight back to England. They've been staying on the north coast here for the last week.

God bless all.

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome back Tom - hope your new computer serves you well. A computer has become one of those things we can't do without these days.

Thanks for the welcome back. The new computer is great. I got a more powerful one than I intended because they just had to have a special with $300 off of this particular one. I give thanks that things worked out so that I could get it. I use one 3+ hours a day and hope the extra memory and power will come in handy. Regardless, I like it.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

First, I want to state my opinion that there are brothers and sisters in Christ in many Denominations. We should all be concerned about treating each other with love.

(Matthew 22:36-40 [KJV])
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ are more than just neighbours. We should want to do this, even though it's a command of Jesus Christ. It's important to note that this applies to those who are not saved also. Love makes a big difference in anything that we do. We simply need to think about this and yield ourselves to the wishes of our Lord and Saviour who gave his life for us.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The new post email notification from the forum isn't working for me. I'm getting nothing. I first thought I was in the twilight zone and everyone went home. So, check the threads you are involved in. There may be new posts that you don't know about.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,714.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the welcome back. The new computer is great. I got a more powerful one than I intended because they just had to have a special with $300 off of this particular one. I give thanks that things worked out so that I could get it. I use one 3+ hours a day and hope the extra memory and power will come in handy. Regardless, I like it.
Well, with a reduction like that, no wonder you opted for the more powerful one, especially if you're using it a lot.

Gillian

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm not getting email notifications of new posts. How about you?
I wish I understood these machines better...

61NGgXmYaYL._SX425_.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...just stopped by for coffee and doughnuts...

Coffee-doughnuts-platter-photo.jpg

it makes my mouth water just looking at that lovely doughnut...
unfortunately I am only allowed virtual ones...

upload_2019-10-16_22-17-30.jpeg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Any doughnuts left? Woke up again, this is getting to be too regular.
So I read the Psalms and Praise our wonderful Lord,
Our eyes look to the Lord.
Psalms 123:2

Upvote 0