Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our 15 year old mini-van finally died this week, and we had to buy a new car. We bought a Hyundai Tucson SUV. The company calls the color ruby wine, but we call it red. We expect to get great gas mileage out of it.

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our 15 year old mini-van finally died this week, and we had to buy a new car. We bought a Hyundai Tucson SUV. The company calls the color ruby wine, but we call it red. We expect to get great gas mileage out of it.

We have a 2017 Tucson that is Coliseum Gray...not sure where they got that color, but it's a dark gray, so that's what we call it.
We are pretty happy with it, the gas mileage is one thing I really don't like. We had an Elantra prior to this and got about 40 MPG. With the Tucson, we are getting about 25 in the city, and maybe 28-30 on the highway.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Nice ~ enjoy :oldthumbsup:
I am trying an experiment where I don't follow anyone, to show that I don't exclude and choose others over anyone else
I don't follow anyone; I am limiting my online time, so I don't bother checking the newsfeeds.
There are a few forums I watch for new posts and that's it.
I am only followed by those who were friends with me before the website change happened it seems; it is hard to use that list to find friends as it is not alphabetical :scratch:
But I manage; names pop up when composing messages as you start to type.
God bless your efforts :pray:

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not even sure what the point of Following people is. I Follow a few people, but not sure if it helps in any way.

I don't understand it either.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have a 2017 Tucson that is Coliseum Gray...not sure where they got that color, but it's a dark gray, so that's what we call it.
We are pretty happy with it, the gas mileage is one thing I really don't like. We had an Elantra prior to this and got about 40 MPG. With the Tucson, we are getting about 25 in the city, and maybe 28-30 on the highway.

Our number one concern was comfort and me being able to get in and out of it with my bad back. We needed an SUV with the seats higher off the ground. We'll be happy if we get the same gas mileage that you are.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,015.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
About following people, doesn’t mean keeping track of all their activity on the site? No great advantage as far as I can see and I don’t have time for it.

Yuki is quite big now. She’s quite a rascal and we’re currently trying to determine which makes the best puppy chewing deterrent lol.

David, Mark and I spent last weekend at the annual World Association of Christian Radio Amateurs and Listeners conference in Malvern, Worcestershire. Lovely setting, but some of the roads were terrible - hill start coming out of a fork, so you have to crane your neck to see what’s coming from your left because you’re turning right - nightmare.

Blessings,

Gillian

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think this site is amazing and enjoy being here. Thankyou for your fellowship!

We enjoy you being with us, so thank you for spending time with us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am wondering if anyone here has questioned the validity of the Christian religion.

Hello, good question. Lets begin by Introducing Yourself and you can get help and guidance from there on where and how to post:

Introduce Yourself

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm sorry that you are confused Hebahesh, but it's nice to see you here. :)

I am wondering if anyone here has questioned the validity of the Christian religion.
I'm sure that there are many people who have questioned the validity of Christianity. Frank Morison's book "Who Moved the Stone?" comes to mind. It was written in 1930, but there must be more recent books written by former non-believers about their journey to faith in Christ.

But you asked about us here. I've always known that Jesus was real and tried to follow His teaching when I was growing up, but it was only when I was 20 that I understood that Christianity isn't about following rules and regulations but about being born again into a relationship with Jesus. (He mentions this in John Chapter 3).

I think the first thing to convince me was the lives of Christians and how real the Lord was to them. Then, taking the Bible as true like they did, I found that it hangs well together and when understood properly (study notes can help with this) it reveals the truth about man, his disobedience to God which deserves death and God's love in sending His Son Jesus Christ to take the punishment for our sins (disobedience). If we repent, accept the Lord's death in our place and give our lives to Him we come into a relationship with Him and we know that Jesus really is the Son of God who died for us. As we live in faith the Bible becomes more real to us, and we begin to understand more and more.

Two other things helped convince me. Firstly the wisdom of God, especially as revealed by the actions and words of the Lord Jesus. Secondly there are four accounts of Jesus's life and it is amazing how they agree. Also the gospel of Luke starts with Luke stating how carefully he has researched the facts about Jesus, and Matthew shows how Jesus fulfils Old Testament prophecies. These help validate the truth I think. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My faith in the Lord Jesus Christ grows stronger by the day. I give thanks for His love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness - but most of all I give thanks that He died on the Cross for my sins. He arose from the dead on the third day and is my living Lord and Saviour forever. This is a beautiful GIFT that I could never deserve or earn.

Titus 3:4-7 (ESV)
4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is all very confusing

I think that you're doing great. You've made several posts now and things will be easier by the day. WELCOME! We're happy to have you with us.

Upvote 0