Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Chick-fil-A's explanation is soooo unpersuasive that it should be interesting to see how sales go for them in the future.

For sure, the company is not off the hook with the 'Woke' crowd, and now it has presumably alienated many of the people who patronized Chick-fil-A when the extremists were trying to shut the business down.

It may become a test of how many Fast Food addicts simply cannot live without waffle fries. LOL

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So many cave under the social pressure to conform to the current progressive controlling mobs. Anyone notice that those that call themselves "woke" are far from it?

Btw, on this theme.....Dennis Prager & and Adam Carolla made a documentary called " No Safe Spaces" .
It's about the fascism of the woke generation that is trying to destroy free speech.

Find the trailer at www.nosafespaces.com

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chick-fil-A's explanation is soooo unpersuasive that it should be interesting to see how sales go for them in the future.

For sure, the company is not off the hook with the 'Woke' crowd, and now it has presumably alienated many of the people who patronized Chick-fil-A when the extremists were trying to shut the business down.

It may become a test of how many Fast Food addicts simply cannot live without waffle fries. LOL
Just wait until the mafia comes to get their pound of flesh. They will ask why they don't decorate for LGBTQ events, have rainbow sandwiches and the rest.

Frankly, what corporate HQs does with the their money is their business. If they start serving on Sunday's? Well then they have sold the farm. :)

The local Chick fil A restaurants where I live are individually owned and the owners donate straight into the community. I have several coaches jerseys with the Chick fil A logo on it as they sponsor local youth sports. Wife and I know the owner of our local Chick fil A (boys went to school and played baseball with my sons), they are big on supporting military and veteran families (that kind of area) and also law enforcement. They are Bible thumping Baptists. I don't think this corporate decision will influence what they do with their own money as owners.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
99.999% of people don't care about this stuff, on either side. Does the chicken sandwich still taste good? Then most people will eat it.

It is actually kind of silly to expect any corporation to maintain a moral stance on anything. If the same pressure had been brought to bear upon Hobby Lobby, they too would have caved. People within these corporations certainly have their own stances, but the corporation itself is essentially amoral (which really shoots the concept of corporations being 'people' and having rights, but that was only gained via the court system relatively recently anyway). They just want to make as much money as possible. If they didn't, they wouldn't be a very good corporation.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just wait until the mafia comes to get their pound of flesh. They will ask why they don't decorate for LGBTQ events, have rainbow sandwiches and the rest.
Yep. That says it so well. :oldthumbsup:

The local Chick fil A restaurants where I live are individually owned and the owners donate straight into the community. I have several coaches jerseys with the Chick fil A logo on it as they sponsor local youth sports. Wife and I know the owner of our local Chick fil A (boys went to school and played baseball with my sons), they are big on supporting military and veteran families (that kind of area) and also law enforcement. They are Bible thumping Baptists. I don't think this corporate decision will influence what they do with their own money as owners.
I think you say this in order to point to the silver lining, but the corporate HQ's contributions are still going to be changed. And as someone pointed out, the corporate press release said that they had decided to now emphasize education, homelessness, and something else--all of which the charities that they are forsaking currently specialize in. So every thinking moderate and conservative, as well as traditional Christians, can hardly fail to see through that!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
99.999% of people don't care about this stuff, on either side. Does the chicken sandwich still taste good? Then most people will eat it.
"Most" probably will, but I don't think it is accurate to say that 99.999% don't care. Especially not when both sides are mad at the company. And don't forget that it doesn't take every last customer to go somewhere else for the business to feel the sting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry to hear this. I don't agree with the conservative position on most LGBT issues, but I appreciate that the Chick-fil-A owners were acting out of their convictions, and I hate to see them compromising their consciences for the sake of sales.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

It is actually kind of silly to expect any corporation to maintain a moral stance on anything. If the same pressure had been brought to bear upon Hobby Lobby, they too would have caved. People within these corporations certainly have their own stances, but the corporation itself is essentially amoral (which really shoots the concept of corporations being 'people' and having rights, but that was only gained via the court system relatively recently anyway). They just want to make as much money as possible. If they didn't, they wouldn't be a very good corporation.

Of course this is non-sense.

There is no such thing as an a-political or a-moral corporation or company or political group. That is not even possible. All policies and laws have a moral component, or rather all policy and law can be reduced to a moral component--even if the policy or rule only seems to be utilitarian in nature.

Corporations are made up of people, most of what people do requires moral consideration, thus, all corporations are subject to moral considerations.

Following your line of reasoning, the treatment of animals pertaining to food sourcing would not even be an issue.

The Lord Jesus made it clear that humanity can be placed in two groups: those that gather with Him and those that scatter. Individual and corporate claims to moral neutrality is a farce and even worse, deceitful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course that is non-sense.

There is no such thing as an a-political or a-moral corporation or company or political group. That is not even possible. All policies and laws have a moral component, or rather all policy and law can be reduced to a moral component--even if the policy or rule only seems to be utilitarian in nature.

Corporations are made up of people, most of what people do requires moral consideration, thus, all corporations are subject to moral considerations.

Following your line of reasoning, the treatment of animals pertaining to food sourcing would not even be an issue.

The Lord Jesus made it clear that humanity can be placed in two groups: those that gather with Him and those that scatter. Individual and corporate claims to moral neutrality is a farce and even worse, deceitful.

While I agree with you as far as moral responsibility recognized by Christ, I'll still have to point out that under US law, the primary moral responsibilities of a corporation are to obey public law and to make a profit for the corporation owners.

The first is obvious, but it's also a US requirement that the corporation management do everything legal to earn a profit for the owners. If found negligent in earning maximum possible profit, they can be found guilty under law and punished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
While I agree with you as far as moral responsibility recognized by Christ, I'll still have to point out that under US law, the primary moral responsibilities of a corporation are to obey public law and to make a profit for the corporation owners.

The first is obvious, but it's also a US requirement that the corporation management do everything legal to earn a profit for the owners. If found negligent in earning maximum possible profit, they can be found guilty under law and punished.

And what does US law have to do with their recent decision? As far as I know, they were already one of the fastest growing food chains around under their traditional commitments.

There is nothing in US law that would require or encourage them not to donate to the Salvation Army. It is family-owned and not beholden to shareholders.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what does US law have to do with their recent decision? As far as I know, they were already one of the fastest growing food chains around under their traditional commitments.

There is nothing in US law that would require or encourage them not to donate to the Salvation Army. It is a family-owned and not beholden to shareholders.

Your post had expanded beyond Chick-Fil-A to a discussion of all corporations.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So many cave under the social pressure to conform to the current progressive controlling mobs. Anyone notice that those that call themselves "woke" are far from it?

Btw, on this theme.....Dennis Prager & and Adam Carolla made a documentary called " No Safe Spaces" .
It's about the fascism of the woke generation that is trying to destroy free speech.

Find the trailer at www.nosafespaces.com

They destroyed some good works that were being given to help those in distress. We support the Salvation Army and know some of the ones working there -- doing God's work. Of course many these days hate that.

That's what we are up against.
Good verses evil.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They destroyed some good works that were being given to help those in distress. We support the Salvation Army and know some of the ones working there -- doing God's work. Of course many these days hate that.

That's what we are up against.
Good verses evil.

M-Bob
Yes, it is- every day. I always try to give to the Salvation Army when they set up Christmas time in the malls & pray for them and thank the volunteers.

Upvote 0