USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
If you are referring to President Trump I recommend treading lightly. This is not the American Politics forum so it could be consider "off topic". Furthermore, I would highly encourage you to read the forum rules regarding flamming an elected official. Apparently it is goading their supporters.
Stating uncomfortable facts about the president isn't flaming. Each descriptor is true. Calling the president a hot headed idiot who wouldn't know what empathy is even if a child locked in a cage was placed in front of him, that would probably be more akin to a flame. However, the post you quoted did no such thing.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I do not patronize Chick fil-a because of their religious beliefs, I go there because I like their Chicken sandwiches and the customer service, ironically provided by more often than not, homosexual employees. Pretty strange for a so called anti-gay establishment. Just like I do not shop at Hobby Lobby, it is not because of their religious beliefs, it is because they are closed on the only day I have off.

And yes, I realize that both are closed on Sunday. There is a Chick fil-a on my way home and the Hobby Lobby is a 57 mile trip from me.

It would be fitting if the Christians accomplish what the LGBT protesters couldn’t do and shut them down. The Evangelical Christian Right joining forces with their ideological foes to shut down a common enemy, just like Hitler and Stalin with Poland.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A poster will start eating at this restaurant again since it has finally stopped its anti-gay rhetoric.
A poster believes we should all eat more chicken.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep...you are the reason why they caved. Now hopefully after they see their sales plummet due to a drastic drop in Christian customers, they may stick to their traditional values.
Maybe they will do what business should do. Stick to what you’re good at.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What baffles me is how do they distinguish a left wing from a right one when removing it from the bucket? :scratch:
A poster finds the wings to be much ado about nothing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are referring to President Trump I recommend treading lightly. This is not the American Politics forum so it could be consider "off topic". Furthermore, I would highly encourage you to read the forum rules regarding flamming an elected official. Apparently it is goading their supporters.
Then you should ask the mods to put it in the appropriate forum since it is clearly a political topic.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are Baptists, so chicken and salvation tend to go together.
Makes me long for the days of the good covered dish supper... back when the food was actually cooked in somebody’s kitchen.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stating uncomfortable facts about the president isn't flaming. Each descriptor is true. Calling the president a hot headed idiot who wouldn't know what empathy is even if a child locked in a cage was placed in front of him, that would probably be more akin to a flame. However, the post you quoted did no such thing.
Which is why I recommended them to tread lightly and reminded them that this isn't the American politics forum. I was "nipping it in the bud".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its idolatry only if you worship the chicken.
Idolatry isnt necessarily "worship". It is placing anything with greater importantance than God. In this case, the idolatry is money and people's feelings.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They sell chicken sandwiches...
Exactly....they sell chicken sandwiches...this is a fast food restaurant...not a denomination...not a charity...not a house of worship.

Good grief folks. If you start boycotting businesses and corporations who donate to causes you don't agree with, you might as well start growing your own food, making your own consumables, and just lock yourself up in your house.

:doh: :doh:

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not patronize Chick fil-a because of their religious beliefs, I go there because I like their Chicken sandwiches

I agree. If Chick fil-a made a horrible chicken sandwich, Christians might commend their being closed on Sunday but they would buy their chicken sandwiches elsewhere. That is, if they cared about chicken sandwiches. I'm not worried whether my mechanic is pro-life, I'm interested in her ability to fix my truck. Pragmatism, the one true American philosophy and we chunk it out the window for ideology. Shame.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly....they sell chicken sandwiches...this is a fast food restaurant...not a denomination...not a charity...not a house of worship.

Good grief folks. If you start boycotting businesses and corporations who donate to causes you don't agree with, you might as well start growing your own food, making your own consumables, and just lock yourself up in your house.

:doh: :doh:
This is more than that. Like the story of the fiery furnace, the founders of CFA, who identify themselves as Christians, caved to the pressures of wickedness and worshiped the golden statue of their king. If CFA never professed to being a Christian company, sure...nobody would care. But for many Christian's, to include myself, it is like seeing a Christian brother turn his back on God's word. It is about "saving them from death and covering a multitude of sins".
James 5:19-20

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree. If Chick fil-a made a horrible chicken sandwich, Christians might commend their being closed on Sunday but they would buy their chicken sandwiches elsewhere. That is, if they cared about chicken sandwiches. I'm not worried whether my mechanic is pro-life, I'm interested in her ability to fix my truck. Pragmatism, the one true American philosophy and we chunk it out the window for ideology. Shame.
This is more than just sandwiches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is more than that.
Just because you and folks like you think it is "more than that" doesn't mean it really is.

Go ahead and boycott. I really don't think a fundagelical uprising against Chick-fil-a is going to hurt them a bit.

What keeps them in business is the fact that they offer excellent customer service and decent food....and they offer excellent customer service because they treat their employees well.

IMO, however, Zaxby's serves a better chicken sandwich but their customer service is lacking. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
They are not hosting gay weddings. Nor are they being forced to cater to one. Rather, they are going out of their way to fund LGBT organizations at the same time they are cutting donations to Christian charities.
I don't think that the article said who they were going to fund instead of Salvation Army and Christian Athletes. Where do you get the information about their funding LGBT organizations?

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that the article said who they were going to fund instead of Salvation Army and Christian Athletes. Where do you get the information about their funding LGBT organizations?
I don't believe they are directly funding LGBT organizations. I think folks are all puffed up and foaming at the mouth because they may be donating to charities that are "friendly" to LGBT.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't believe they are directly funding LGBT organizations. I think folks are all puffed up and foaming at the mouth because they may be donating to charities that are "friendly" to LGBT.

How dare those organizations treat everybody as equal!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Christian fundies can boycot Chic-Fil-A and the rest of us can go there for the chicken sandwiches.

I even put up with the sappy Christian contemporary instrumentals.

As long as you aren't funding hate groups and you serve everybody equally, I don't care what you believe about me and my friends and family. It's the religious right that wants to punish everybody for not giving their beliefs a special privileged place in society.

Upvote 0