Chick-fil-A funded anti-Christian org that inspired shooter to target Family Research Council

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The liberal profits were not coming before, and they won't come afterwards. That's the unforgiving nature of today's culture.
I think normal market trends will tell Cathy something soon.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure I understand the OP, are they saying the SPLC is responsible because some guy down loaded a list off their site? :scratch:
tulc(is just trying to be sure that's what that part of the OP is saying) :wave:
Getting close tulc

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, God can be whatever we want it to be according to that ideology so morality is also whatever I want it to be.
. You know I’ve seen the same stupid idea used against atheists. As Penn Jillette stated he rapes and murders as much as he wants . Which is not at all! . Christians just like atheists have to think about morality . Adopting the attitude that the Bible says jump and then you jump , is immoral and you’re acting like a tunicate with no brain. If God wanted us to act like tunicates, we’d be tunicates

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gay hating is a cultural phenomenon which western civilization has inherited along with the Bible. Not all cultures mistreat or hate what they call 2 spirit people. Since this is cultural and it’s abusive to people who were born like that, I have no problem dropping the dogma. I don’t care whether you agree with me or not.
The Bible is “inherited” in what way?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟623,420.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Christians just like atheists have to think about morality . Adopting the attitude that the Bible says jump and then you jump , is immoral and you’re acting like a tunicate with no brain. If God wanted us to act like tunicates, we’d be tunicates
God is unchanging; what you are talking about is the changing morality of man.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Our culture is different and what was acceptable in the Bronze Age is not acceptable now. During Roman times a slave who allowed their master to come to harm could be executed . Chattel slavery in the USA didn’t do that unless the slave caused the harm deliberately. So they were different forms of the same abusive institution. Big Whoop!
Authoritiarian overcontrolling behavior that coerces non thinking behavior on the part of the controlled, harms and it doesn’t matter with it’s a slave with a master, a parent with a child or a toxic spouse! Or in this case blindly following the Bible and harming people

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God is unchanging; what you are talking about is the changing morality of man.
yes morality has changed over the centuries. Women have some legal rights including the right not to be abused;children can’t be murdered or sold into servitude or prostitution at the parents’ whims; slavery is now illegal in every country on the planet. Man’s Changing morality !

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟623,420.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Women have some legal rights including the right not to be abused;children can’t be murdered or sold into servitude or prostitution at the parents’ whims; slavery is now illegal in every country on the planet.
And yet, they exist.....man's changing morality indeed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...except when He changes of course. :sorry:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:
What possibly could you be speaking of?

“For I the LORD do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed (Malachi 3:6)

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
. You know I’ve seen the same stupid idea used against atheists. As Penn Jillette stated he rapes and murders as much as he wants . Which is not at all! . Christians just like atheists have to think about morality . Adopting the attitude that the Bible says jump and then you jump , is immoral and you’re acting like a tunicate with no brain. If God wanted us to act like tunicates, we’d be tunicates
Well, I am not a Bible only person but if the idea of morality is based on what a country says then I will have to judge it.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The biggest sin in so-called Sin City is that we have neither What-A-Burger nor Chick-fil-A, however, but at least we do have Sonic, Arby's and Jack-in-the-Box, as well as truly massive quantities of prime rib. I estimate that 50% of the prime rib roasts farmed in the US wind up in a Nevada resort or restaurant.

I live in the “heartland” of Whataburger. Great burgers. Each burger made to order fresh. Both Whataburger and Chick fil A here give to youth sports programs.

As a side note I myself have some concerns about the Salvation Army; I don't like the fact they don't baptize their members, give them the Lord's Supper, or at the very least refer them to another allied church to receive those sacraments.

I agree with your concerns but see the SA as an important ministry in each community to shelter, care and feed those in need. They also demand a background from their workers in job training and placement.

Upvote 0

anynmskr

Oct 16, 2019
Tennessee
✟4,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what everybody's gender is in here, And i have, not, stated which one i am,

Though i am in one of the private groups, To talk about more personal relationships,

But, I'm just saying,

I am incredibly, disefranchised, and dissillusioned with, "Feminism",

And most, especially,

" Modern, Feminsm",

And i don't find that to be misogynistic.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because “ Do unto others .... is a better way to act than to harass and/or murder people who you don’t like because of a Bronze Age idea that should have died in the Bronze Age. Emotional abuse is still abuse by the way.

How can I call myself a Christian.? Easily! I just don’t wake up in the morning thinking that I’m going to harass a Two Spirit person.
What’s a two spirit person and where can I find such in Apostolic teachings?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to the links, looking for evidence that the SPLC was somehow involved in that shooting, and there was nothing at all. The KKK and the Nazis also consider the SPLC to be hateful. For the same reasons that the above organizations think the SPLC is hateful.
The shooter used an SPLC hate map in his research to attack FRC. That’s actually in court documents.

Upvote 0