Check in thread (6)

W

WashedClean

Hi again friends,

Well, my dad passed away around 10:00 last night.

My mom called us around 9:15 and said the doctor suggested we come down, that he wasn't doing well. We got there about 5 minutes before he passed. I just rubbed his shoulder and told him we love him and it's going to be OK. He struggled a little the last few breaths, but he had morphine and was basically sleeping. It was very hard to watch him go. I can't stop crying because I'm so sad.

Through all of this my Mom has been amazing. They don't want a funeral or calling hours, so he will be cremated. My sister and her boys are coming down to see my Mom and we will all be together this afternoon. I didn't expect him to die so quickly, although I knew it was coming.

I appreciate all your prayers. God is soooo good... we were able to be with him at the end and this didn't get dragged on for weeks or months. I'm trying to see God's mercy in all of this. I also ask that you pray for me to remember the good memories, and not the last few minutes of my Dad's life. I just keep seeing it over and over again and it's so sad.

Love in Christ,
Jill

Upvote 0

free4all

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Midwest
✟17,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jill, I'm so sorry. But I'm glad he didn't linger in pain for months. I'm so glad you were able to be there when he passed. I hope in time you will be able to recall the good memories.

What devotion your family showed him at the end. How loving to have his family with him when he passed. May we all be so fortunate.

Upvote 0

kayd1966

Don't just listen to the Word...Do what it says.
Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
✟12,654.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Annette

I can get vocal, but I am afraid I just do not have the energy to fight this!

Erwin has decided to go for a cash cow instead of a ministry so he can do it without my help!

P
amen to that...this is a real let down. Like Jill, and many others here, I supported this site financially. I sure don't support it now!

Hey...anyone else feeling uncomfortable about having everything we've shared over the years floating around in cyber space?

See you all in CCF :wave:

Upvote 0

kayd1966

Don't just listen to the Word...Do what it says.
Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
✟12,654.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi Kay everyone has begun posting at Christcenteredforums.com how was your move?
thanks Rox...I'm just cleaning up stuff here...I don't like all my stuff open for all to see and comment on. We shared way to much here...in what we thought was a safe place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

free4all

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Midwest
✟17,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see several of you on CCF. I logged on there earlier today and made a few posts, but now I can't log in there. It says I'm logged on there, though. Oh well... I guess between Cory and I, we can post in both forums. :D

Pete, if I still have problems in a few days, I'll ask for your help. I'll give it some time and try again before I do ask.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jenniewren

Dec 14, 2006
Australia
✟15,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jill.
I am sorry to hear of your loss, but I am glad your Dad didn'y have to go through months/yeaars of suffering.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hey...anyone else feeling uncomfortable about having everything we've shared over the years floating around in cyber space?

Yes, I am as well. I shared some fairly personal stuff here. I may do dome deleting as well.
I logged into the other forum ok, but could not get back in. I am waiting for a reply from my "help" email. I hope the exodus doesn't cause too many problems.

Upvote 0

free4all

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Midwest
✟17,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I logged on there earlier today and made a few posts, but now I can't log in there.

I logged into the other forum ok, but could not get back in. I am waiting for a reply from my "help" email. I hope the exodus doesn't cause too many problems.

I completely exited CCF and closed that page, then re-entered after googling it (Note: the first google page took me back to CF--check the web address before selecting). Then I was able to log in normally. So if anyone has trouble logging in there, maybe you can totally exit and then try again.

Upvote 0