Charlottesville rally organizer requests permit for 'white civil rights rally' in Washington

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I see a closely cherry-picked meme.

I mean, here's an article about Farrakhan...leader of a black racist hate group. Right in the first paragraph it mentions him using "black pride" symbology.

Head of the Nation of Islam sees a new opening for black separatist message

I honestly can't think of any asian pride examples....but I can certainly think of some "brown pride" ones.

Just because you associate "white pride" with racism doesn't mean everyone does. I don't think racial pride is exactly smart...I think it's a hallmark of stupidity, regardless of race. As long as you invest pride in racial identity....that pride is going to be easily wounded.

Anyway, the point is, if you tell an entire race they are the only ones who cannot be proud of their race.....that's super racist.

I disagree. My heritage is very simply 'black' or 'African'. I am the descendant of slaves. Beyond that, I do not know where I come from. My wife, is of German heritage, so she drags us to Oktoberfest every year. She's also Canadian, so she makes a big deal out of Canada Day (July 1st by the way).

It's not that I take pride in my race, but in the only heritage I know.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. My heritage is very simply 'black'. I am the descendant of slaves. Beyond that, I do not know where I come from. My wife, is of German heritage, so she drags us to Oktoberfest every year. She's also Canadian, so she makes a big deal out of Canada Day (July 1st by the way).

Get a DNA test. Not only will you find out, but if you do it through the wrong right one, you may get baptized into the Mormon church after your death.

• Haha
Reactions: ubicaritas
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Get a DNA test. Not only will you find out, but if you do it through the wrong right one, you may get baptized into the Mormon church after your death.

My Dad did one years ago. He's traced to the Southern United States and a big green blob that covers most of West Africa and South Africa (region, not country).

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I disagree. My heritage is very simply 'black' or 'African'. I am the descendant of slaves. Beyond that, I do not know where I come from. My wife, is of German heritage, so she drags us to Oktoberfest every year. She's also Canadian, so she makes a big deal out of Canada Day (July 1st by the way).

The simple fact is most people of African descent in the Western Hemisphere are byproducts of the Atlantic Slave Trade. In the United States, defining enslaved people as property and later enshrining racial discrimination into law created a parallel society in which people of color were second-class citizens. Pair that with centuries of calling people with even "one drop" of black inferior, is the reason that black culture exists. The idea that someone would say the culture that grew out of racial discrimination is stupid shows complete ignorance or deliberate ignorance of history. Black pride arose because of racial discrimination, if you're mad at the existence of black pride, then you should be mad at the discrimination that caused its formation; however, some can't get beyond hating on black people. Black pride is not racism, no matter how some try to portray it.

But maybe the reason black pride (or any other group's ethnic pride) is considered racism is because white pride has always been about racism. This is in contrast to German Pride, Irish Pride, Italian Pride, etc., that is not white pride. What defines white in America has its basis in enforcing racism, so it stands to reason that white pride is racism (as opposed to overcoming racism seen in other groups). But maybe that's the argument being foisted these days, white pride is somehow about overcoming racism... it's just that it would be nice to hear about the history of the beleaguered white person suffering centuries of racial discrimination in the United States.

Maybe we'll see something like at a rally for white civil rights. :p

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just sayin' -- nobody saw the need for such marches when the last guy was in charge. You'd think they'd have felt the need for it more back then.

What do you suppose has changed?

Anti-white rhetoric.

It used to be that if you said something racist, you'd get called out for it. Nowadays, all kinds of racist beliefs about whites are mainstream....so there's gonna be a lot of pushback.

Racism doesn't have a good track record...regardless of who it's directed at.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My Dad did one years ago. He's traced to the Southern United States and a big green blob that covers most of West Africa and South Africa (region, not country).

I've been curious about those tests...but not enough to pay for one. I've heard different things about the validity of the results...and I really don't want to find out that I'm 5% neanderthal or something lol.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Coolsies....what part of your post disagrees with mine though? You started off with "I disagree..." but the rest of your post doesn't seem to have anything to do with mine.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Coolsies....what part of your post disagrees with mine though? You started off with "I disagree..." but the rest of your post doesn't seem to have anything to do with mine.

You seem to be saying that because blacks have "black pride" they cannot complain when people have "white pride".

I do not take pride in my race. I take pride in the only heritage I know. And I don't think that heritage make me better or superior to others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Anti-white rhetoric.

It used to be that if you said something racist, you'd get called out for it. Nowadays, all kinds of racist beliefs about whites are mainstream....so there's gonna be a lot of pushback.

Racism doesn't have a good track record...regardless of who it's directed at.

Odd... being white myself, I figured I'd have noticed a sharp uptick in rhetoric of the "down with whitey" variety.

Maybe I've gotten inured to it?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Anyone who gets in bed with Kessler is a fool.
But these guys have the right to march without being assaulted by communists or criminals in badges, which is what Charlottesville PD are.
Hopefully they don't commit murder and try to murder people again.

Upvote 0

Herbert'sHoover

Jun 4, 2018
usa
✟3,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hopefully they don't commit murder and try to murder people again.

If some lunatic antifa, lgbt, soyboi, Marxist professor hadn't been chasing Feilds with an AR just moments before, that lady wouldn't have died.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who gets in bed with Kessler is a fool.
But these guys have the right to march without being assaulted by communists or criminals in badges, which is what Charlottesville PD are.

Well Herbert, it sure has been educational having you here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If some lunatic antifa, lgbt, soyboi, Marxist professor hadn't been chasing Feilds with an AR just moments before, that lady wouldn't have died.
So we're just making stuff up and running with it now huh?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be saying that because blacks have "black pride" they cannot complain when people have "white pride".

I do not take pride in my race. I take pride in the only heritage I know. And I don't think that heritage make me better or superior to others.

Again...what does that have to do with my post? Swapping out the word pride for heritage doesn't really change anything.

Upvote 0