Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jumping on me and scratching me when they are chasing each other. I have a nice scratch on my foot from that. . .:mad:
Lying on the dinner table and/or jumping there to get food
Chewing on cords and wires
Much more but those are the worst.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW I have 3 indoor 6 month old cats: a spotted orange/white male tabby, a female tortoiseshell calico, and a female Siamese mix.

I have 5 kittens also (which we are looking to give away! Take one! PLEASE!)

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,776,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Susan
BTW I have 3 indoor 6 month old cats: a spotted orange/white male tabby, a female tortoiseshell calico, and a female Siamese mix.

I have 5 kittens also (which we are looking to give away! Take one! PLEASE!)

Susan, I have my limit of 2 cats right now, but otherwise I would love love love to take one of you kittens off your hands!

Anyway...
I have one cat who is the shyest thing I've ever seen. However occasionallly she gets in a really snuggly mood. Then she gets really annoying! Kneading with her claws, sticking a cold wet nose all over your body, DROOLING saliva all over the place. It's nice to feel so loved, but man...DROOL? I can't stand pet spit.

Upvote 0
I have two cats, a black calico and a orange tabby. The black one, Samakha, is incredibly smart. She learned how to work the latch on the front door, which I realized after several days of wondering how the front door kept getting open.

She doesn't like to eat out of the bowl, however, so she will scoop out food with her paw and fling it across the floor, then pounce on it and eat it. It's adorable.

Also, she loves to be petted, but she doesn't like Colin (my other cat) to see it. If I am holding her and he wanders into the room, she will jump down and whack him with her paw.

~Shel~

Upvote 0

Amy

Quiet Kitty
Jun 1, 2002
Visit site
✟1,608.00
Faith
Christian
Oh, I like this thread! :pink:

I've got a two-year-old orange tabby, and he's the sweatest thing. He loves talking, if you ask him a question he'll always answer it with a "meow" - and he'll keep doing it while you keep talking to him!  It's sooooo funny to watch my husband come from work and start one of their long conversations.

We've never had any problems with the cat getting on the table, stealing food or ruining furniture, even though he's not declawed. Very smart and well-behaved boy.

Amy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EspressoDuck

EspressoDuck, not ExpressDuck.
Jun 1, 2002
School
Visit site
✟9,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My cat Bubba likes to have her tummy rubbed. A lot of cats I know don't like that. Oh yeah, and she loves my dog, Hoagie. Just as long as he listens and doesn't get in the way, she gets along just fine with him. It's cute, because they sleep in the same bed! :)

Upvote 0

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's see, my cat's ONLY habbit, is trying to kill me. Last night, I was walkin to the door, and she jumped in front of me and scares the crud out me. I swaer she was PURPOSELY trying to give me a heart attack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Our family is owned by four cats. They are "inside" cats. We also have two incredibly stupid dogs, who are "outside" dogs.

We started out with two littermates: a solid grey male, we named him "Silver," and his sister is a grey-striped tabby, named "Crystal."

Silver went to Kitty-Heaven, and we adopted a stray black kitten, who acquired the name "Onyx."

Neither of these cats would play like cats are supposed to. They would walk right by cat toys, and turn up their noses at paper bags. I felt we needed another cat, one who would do "catly things."

The next adoptee was a flame-point Siamese kitten my kids gave me for Valentine's Day. He's got gorgeous blue eyes, so I named him "Zircon." He bites. A LOT. We all have scars. At 4 AM, he is very affectionate, wants to be petted, offers kisses, and purrs up a storm, but at 4:35, he starts biting again. Go figure.

To his credit, Zircon acts like a cat is supposed to. He will "kill" cat toys, he rolls in catnip and gets silly, and he loves any kind of bag, paper or plastic. Often, we stop watching TV and just enjoy Zircon.

But don't try to pick him up and cuddle him after an entertaining session. He'll BITE.

My daughter encountered a litter of kittens abandoned by the side of a busy road. One cat was already seriously injured, and he had to be put down. The second was an orange and white tabby with gorgeous golden eyes, and extra toes on his front paws. He's even MORE feisty than Zircon, and enjoys tormenting all the other cats in the house. And even though he's been in this family for over a year now, he still can't get over the fact that there's FOOD here. He outeats every other cat, and probably weighs more than the other three put together.

His name? Toe-Paz.

Can you tell I love cats?

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,776,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by VOW
Our family is owned by four cats. They are "inside" cats. We also have two incredibly stupid dogs, who are "outside" dogs.

We started out with two littermates: a solid grey male, we named him "Silver," and his sister is a grey-striped tabby, named "Crystal."

Silver went to Kitty-Heaven, and we adopted a stray black kitten, who acquired the name "Onyx."

Neither of these cats would play like cats are supposed to. They would walk right by cat toys, and turn up their noses at paper bags. I felt we needed another cat, one who would do "catly things."

The next adoptee was a flame-point Siamese kitten my kids gave me for Valentine's Day. He's got gorgeous blue eyes, so I named him "Zircon." He bites. A LOT. We all have scars. At 4 AM, he is very affectionate, wants to be petted, offers kisses, and purrs up a storm, but at 4:35, he starts biting again. Go figure.

To his credit, Zircon acts like a cat is supposed to. He will "kill" cat toys, he rolls in catnip and gets silly, and he loves any kind of bag, paper or plastic. Often, we stop watching TV and just enjoy Zircon.

But don't try to pick him up and cuddle him after an entertaining session. He'll BITE.

My daughter encountered a litter of kittens abandoned by the side of a busy road. One cat was already seriously injured, and he had to be put down. The second was an orange and white tabby with gorgeous golden eyes, and extra toes on his front paws. He's even MORE feisty than Zircon, and enjoys tormenting all the other cats in the house. And even though he's been in this family for over a year now, he still can't get over the fact that there's FOOD here. He outeats every other cat, and probably weighs more than the other three put together.

His name? Toe-Paz.

Can you tell I love cats?

Peace,
~VOW

I can tell you love cats, and that you also love gemstones! That's very cool how you've named them all the way you did. I wanted to have cats named for herbs and spices. We already had a Ginger, and the next was going to be Parsley or Rosemary or Sage or some such name. But Ginger turned out to be a boy and he became Henry.

Upvote 0
When I was 15, I used to have this orange tabby cat named Garfield who was absolutely insane. We kept him inside and kept a flea collar on him. He hated the thing and always tried to pull it off with his paw. One time when he was trying to do this, he got his paw stuck in the collar and couldn't get loose. He started going crazy, flopping all over the house and looked like his paw was stuck to his head. When my mom picked him up to try and free him, he started going wilder and tried biting and scratching her. :rolleyes:

I love cats, just cause they seem to have more personality than dogs do sometimes. :pink:

Upvote 0