Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
As for myself, the KJV is all of the scripture in the canonized collection. There are all kinds of other reference books and history books but if their content contradicts the canonized books, it is tossed.

If someone accuses me of being "sola Scriputra" I consider it a complement.....not the insult it is intended to be.

I stand on the word of God and it is generally accepted as the books included in the KJV and other versions of the same books.

As soon as you start adding this text and that text you are on a slippery slope to all kinds of non biblical beliefs and theology.

You cannot go wrong taking the books of the KJV as the final word in Gods intended message to His creation.

In regard to being called "Sola Scriptura", I didn't even know there was such a label until a Catholic friend started telling me that's what I am.

I guess I just took for granted that every Christian believed that the word of God was inspired by Him, and was therefore to be of higher authority than any teachings or traditions of man.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Act 1:14
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Act 2:1-3

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Just reading through the replies.

Forgive me...
These scriptures say nothing of Mary being present at the baptism of Christ and having the Holy Spirit descend upon her. Nor did the Holy Spirit descend on any one but Christ at this time.

Galilee63 said:

Jesus was Baptized in The Holy Spirit with The Holy Spirit/God descending like a Dove upon Him.

Gods Disciples and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary Present with them and had The Holy Spirit descend upon them

Also, the example of the prayer after the ascension of Christ indicates, in no way, what the prayer was. It could have been the Lords Prayer.

Plus, I find no indication that Mary was at Pentecost.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In regard to being called "Sola Scriptura", I didn't even know there was such a label until a Catholic friend started telling me that's what I am.

I guess I just took for granted that every Christian believed that the word of God was inspired by Him, and was therefore to be of higher authority than any teachings or traditions of man.
I agree. Never heard of it until it was a label placed on me like an insult.

I also believed that the Bible, that is carried by any Christian pastor, is the solid word of God. Nothing to be added to and nothing to be taken from......

I guess there are millions of Sola Scriptura people.

• Agree
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry guys, and gals......

But, I just find that people are reading too many "extrabiblical" texts as the word of God, finding way too many "extrabiblical" concepts, stretching and ad libbing concepts that are not even in the Bible, following the dogma of the RCC without testing it against the truth of the Word of God.

I will never believe the things that they are purporting to be biblical truths or necessary actions and rituals.

They will never alter their views either.

So.........till another day....God Bless.

• Winner
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jack

As Jesus said to His Disciples The Holy Spirit would be sent to His Disciples after He Ascended into Heaven

Indeed The Holy Spirit descended upon them - The Disciples and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary was Present with Saint John Saint Peter and the other Disciples all then receiving The Holy Spirit speaking in Foreign Tongues Gods Holy Flames of Fire and Gods Holy Word Holy Scriptures of Rome's The Holy Word of God His Holy Scriptures in the Vatican are where Gods Holy Word was distributed not Martin Luther not Nestorian not any other Religion

Some Holy Books of God our Heavenly Fathers were withheld at Gods Holy Request with Gods Holy Scriptures protected as greatly as possible during centuries at war

Saint John and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary were together after Jesus Died and before His Ascension into Heaven and do not forget that Jesus appeared to His Disciples at different times when our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary our Humble Loving Mother was Present with Saint John and the Disciples

God has kept His Humble Highly Favoured Daughter while living on earth in a low key yet still Holy role until our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary's Holy Assumption Body and Soul into Heaven

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Disciples and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary were together in a room when The Holy Spirit descended upon them

Gods Holy Word and Jesus Gods Holy Spirit Church Is The Catholic Church as Jesus said to Saint Peter

Gods Holy Word came from Rome The Vatican through Holy Saint Peter from Jesus
Himself with and in God Holy Spirit through His Saints Religious each century

Most Historians and Theologians know this Holy fact regardless of Religious denomination or persuasion

Having studied the writings of the Church and during older centuries having met Saints of whom have had Jesus with our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary appeared to them with our Lords Holy Prayers Gifted in His Holy Will to be prayed from hearts open to Him in trust with the primary Holy messages from our Lord Jesus to repent sins to Him in humility and trust saying

"I favour humble souls when the misery of a soul approaches My Fount of Mercy I pour out Graces upon that soul"

The Presentation

And they took Jesus to Moses (Saint Joseph and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary)

And Presented Him to Moses

And Simeon Prophesied through and by God The Most High that

"A sword would pierce His Mother's Heart"

for The Child Jesus was destined to be Great yet with a Fall prophesied

Another woman prophesied about Jesus and His Mother

You can al read your own versions of Gods Holy Word and pray ask Jesus Holy Spirit for God our Heavenly Fathers Holy Discernment then wait for our Lord Jesus Holy Spirits God our Heavenly Fathers Holy Response

Jesus says

"The greater the Trust in Me the greater My Generosity"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus Disciples and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary were together in a room when The Holy Spirit descended upon them

virgin who ? Matthew 1:25 says that she was virgin UNTILL she had Jesus , after Jesus she had at least 6 other children : Matthew 13:55-56 , brothers of Jesus - John 7:1-10 and Acts 1:14 .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Catholics many times like to brag on thier holy saints , let's see how holy were thier popes during history

Orthodox Christians do not follow individuals.
Orthodox = bottom up.
RC= top down.

Forgive me...

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does Protestantism have anything this beautiful? This, is the service where our scriptures come from. This is what is missing when we read scripture. Attend for a full year and hear the entire bible (minus Revelation) read to you in context.

Good thing these guys speak in tongues. If it were Arabic, I would not understand it.

Go to 24:15

Forgive me...

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Given I cannot copy and paste on this laptop one will need to re-read Gods Holy Word His Holy Scriptures and slowly after praying to Jesus Himself Holy Spirit and just for you to experience our Lord Jesus with Holy Spirit in His Holy Will - trust in Jesus that you will receive His Holy Response of Holy Spirits Holy Discernment include our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in your "Our Fathers" prayed 5 times prior to reading Gods Holy Word after The Sign of The Cross is made first

If you wish to receive Jesus God Holy Spirit in Holy Discernment more quickly in Gods Jesus Holy Spirits Holy Will

Then ask Jesus Holy Spirit for His Holy Discernment on our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in His Holy Will while reading being guided by Holy Spirit in Jesus to His Holy Passages

Because it is Jesus God our Heavenly Father Whom through Holy Spirit and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary leads brings back hearts souls to Her Son Jesus receiving Jesus into hearts and this is a Holy fact in God our Heavenly Divine Majesty

My most Holy beautiful Mother did not suffer at the Foot of Her Dearly Beloved Son Jesus On The Cross in God our Heavenly Father for nothing when our Blessed Virgin Mother is Jesus Christ our Merciful Saviours Holy Mother Whom was Loving faithful loyal to God before Jesus descended to earth pre chosen by God Himself as His Most highly Favoured Loved Daughter and God said this through His Priests Prophets in His Old Testament and later through Gods Holy Archangel Gabriel announcing our Blessed Virgin Mother as His Highly Favoured Daughter

Holy Saint Elizabeth declared through God Holy Spirit

"What is it that The Mother of My Lord has come to visit me?"

This was after God our Heavenly Father had caused Holy Saint Zechariah to not speak while Saint Elizabeth was expecting John The Baptist until after he was born because Saint Zechariah doubted Gods Holy Word and Holy announcement through His Archangel that older Saint Elizabeth was pregnant with Saint John The Baptist normally too old to conceive in a human beings mind - God showed that He can do anything He chooses to do in His Holy Will and Holy Ways

Saint Elizabeth through God received that Jesus Holy Mother was The Holy Mother of God and Holy Special in God through Gods Holy Words spoken through her/Saint Elizabeth yet Our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in Her Humility rarely said anything treasuring all that was happening in Her Most beautiful Loving giving Heart

All the best

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Does Protestantism have anything this beautiful? This, is the service where our scriptures come from. This is what is missing when we read scripture. Attend for a full year and hear the entire bible (minus Revelation) read to you in context.

Forgive me...

Does "Protestantism" have Jesus Christ and the Gospel of salvation through Him?

What is more beautiful than that?

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does "Protestantism" have Jesus Christ and the Gospel of salvation through Him?

What is more beautiful than that?

You're missing my point dear sister. I know for a fact that one day you will sing the Psalms with Angels.

The earthly Church service, when done correctly is the most beautiful thing on the planet!

Forgive me...

• Agree
Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You're missing my point dear sister. I know for a fact that one day you will sing the Psalms with Angels.

The earthly Church service, when done correctly is the most beautiful thing on the planet!

Forgive me...

Well, obviously we disagree on the belief that it's not "done correctly" in "Protestant" churches.

Personally, I hold to these words of Jesus:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." - Matthew 18:20

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."- John 4:23-24

I don't think that anyone who meets together with brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter how simple their worship, is ever missing the point. Some of the truest and purest worship actually comes from those who have nothing of material means, but who simply come to God and praise Him despite it all.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand this last part of your post:

"The Catholic Church praises and encourages marriage if that is your vocation."

If "what" is your vocation?

I don't know of any Catholic priests that are married. From outside the RCC I am under the impression that celibacy is mandatory and marriage is to the church. This is what I was told... that nuns wear a wedding band due to their marriage to the Church and/or Christ.

I certainly think that if anyone, including clergy, are so wrapped up in their vocation that they will be poor husbands and fathers.... they should not marry...

I am equally certain that if not being married causes a clergy to sin.. that is an issue.

I just feel like the catholic church misses or has missed many great teachers and leaders for this reason. I also feel that it has attracted others that should not have positions with this role of authority and "power".

If your vocation is marriage, then you should be married. We should all follow God's will for our lives.

Under some circumstances married men can become priests. This is especially common when an Anglican or some other protestant pastor converts to Catholicism and becomes a priest. There also some eastern rites of the Catholic Church that allow married men to become priests. However, it is not the norm. Most priests take vows of celibacy.

Both Paul and Jesus said that celibacy was preferable if that is your calling. The Church agrees.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As for myself, the KJV is all of the scripture in the canonized collection. There are all kinds of other reference books and history books but if their content contradicts the canonized books, it is tossed.

If someone accuses me of being "sola Scriputra" I consider it a complement.....not the insult it is intended to be.

I stand on the word of God and it is generally accepted as the books included in the KJV and other versions of the same books.

As soon as you start adding this text and that text you are on a slippery slope to all kinds of non biblical beliefs and theology.

You cannot go wrong taking the books of the KJV as the final word in Gods intended message to His creation.

How do you know that the books in your New Testament are scripture? Who told you?

Upvote 0