Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Faith Alone

Recently one of your fellow brothers in our Lord Jesus Christ a lovely humble Bishop had our Lord Jesus appear to Him while praying for Boko Haram to leave their Villages after persecuting the people Catholics and Christians for a long time

I will try and find Bishops Words article

Jesus appeared to Him with a Holy Sword that then turned into The Most Holy Rosary and Holy Rosary Beads with Jesus quietly saying

Pray The Rosary to My Mother and Boko Haram will be gone
Ask your Parishioners to pray The Rosary and they will be gone

The Bishop requested the Catholic Parishioners to pray The Most Holy Rosary fervently to our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary and they have never returned

Jesus said never ever judge His Priests and Religious to Saint Faustina to hundreds of His Saints Nuns each Century to many thousands of Catholics worldwide whom do repent to Jesus receiving our Lord Jesus into hearts in and with Holy Spirit God

We are all judged in Gods Holy Spirit of His Holy Truth and judging Gods Priests and Religious is "judgement, cynicism, scorn" of which belongs to satan and His evil spirits

• Agree
Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How do you know that the books in your New Testament are scripture? Who told you?
The books of the OT and NT are the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. This is agreed upon by most Christian clergy. I am not educated in all the formalities of the determination of which scriptures are canon. I am, however, confident and have faith that the books included in the Canon and have been for centuries, have been arrived at through the will of God Himself.

There are books that have been, through agreement of men much more educated than I am, to NOT be included in the canonized texts. Again, it is accepted, by almost all Christian clergy, that these books do not measure up to being included as the Word of God.

I put my faith in God that the books of the HOLY BIBLE, that is generally accepted to day as "the Word of God" to be just that.....the Holy Spirit inspired words of our Creator.

Other text books out there are fantastic sources for historical accounts and information. However, if they contradict the books recognized as Canon...then I toss them out.

If you want to include other books of reference, that is fine. I do and I will surely add "the Book of Enoch"
"the Book of Jubilee" and "the Book of Jasher".

You think that the texts that you have give you further insight? You should check out the Books I have just mentioned.... they will give you a whole new vision into the things that were and the things to come.....

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Faith Alone

Recently one of your fellow brothers in our Lord Jesus Christ a lovely humble Bishop had our Lord Jesus appear to Him while praying for Boko Haram to leave their Villages after persecuting the people Catholics and Christians for a long time

I will try and find Bishops Words article

Jesus appeared to Him with a Holy Sword that then turned into The Most Holy Rosary and Holy Rosary Beads with Jesus quietly saying

Pray The Rosary to My Mother and Boko Haram will be gone
Ask your Parishioners to pray The Rosary and they will be gone

The Bishop requested the Catholic Parishioners to pray The Most Holy Rosary fervently to our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary and they have never returned

Jesus said never ever judge His Priests and Religious to Saint Faustina to hundreds of His Saints Nuns each Century to many thousands of Catholics worldwide whom do repent to Jesus receiving our Lord Jesus into hearts in and with Holy Spirit God

We are all judged in Gods Holy Spirit of His Holy Truth and judging Gods Priests and Religious is "judgement, cynicism, scorn" of which belongs to satan and His evil spirits

So, Jesus appeared and asked people to pray to Mary for the fighting to stop?

Sorry, that does not sound like the Jesus we know from Scripture. Jesus would never ask that anyone pray to a human being who has been gone from this life for about 2,000 years, He would confirm that prayer should be addressed to God alone.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The books of the OT and NT are the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God.

According to the Catholic Church this is true. If not for the Church, you would have no way of knowing, however, because the Church wrote, compiled, preserved, chose, and proclaims the New Testament.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Canon of Scripture
Question

What is the position of the Orthodox Church regarding the books that the Protestant churches refer to as the Apocrypha? Maccabees, Tobit, Ecclesiasticus, etc.

Answer
The Old Testament books to which you refer—know in the Orthodox Church as the “longer canon” rather than the “Apocrypha,” as they are known among the Protestants—are accepted by Orthodox Christianity as canonical scripture. These particular books are found only in the Septuagint version of the Old Testament, but not in the Hebrew (Masoretic) texts of the rabbis.

These books—Tobit, Judah, more chapters of Esther and Daniel, the Books of Maccabees, the Book of the Wisdom of Solomon, the Book of Sirach, the Prophecy of Baruch, and the Prayer of Manasseh—are considered by the Orthodox to be fully part of the Old testament because they are part of the longer canon that was accepted from the beginning by the early Church.

The same Canon [rule] of Scripture is used by the Roman Catholic Church. In the Jerusalem Bible (RC) these books are intermingled within the Old Testament Books and not placed separately as often in Protestant translations (e.g., KJV).

The reason the newer text, the Masoretic text, was the removal of Christian references.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
According to the Catholic Church this is true. If not for the Church, you would have no way of knowing, however, because the Church wrote, compiled, preserved, chose, and proclaims the New Testament.

Actually, I believe it was God Who preserved His inspired word, often in spite of man. There is no doubt He used men (and women) and worked through them, but the Bible is His word, not the product of man.

The very fact that the Bible exists, intact, preserved for thousands of years, is in itself "proof" that the Bible is not just another collection of literature or ancient writings. It would never have survived all that it has if it were otherwise.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The very fact that the Bible exists, intact, preserved for thousands of years, is in itself "proof" that the Bible is not just another collection of literature or ancient writings. It would never have survived all that it has if it were otherwise.

500, before that there were more.
Soon, it will be just John 3:16 on a napkin.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mankind discredits miracle after miracle... eventually to explain it all away.

Nothing to see here children. Except the statement of Ozymandias.

As it was in the days before Noah, so shall it be.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Man has continually reduced the Christian faith.

Forgive me...

God will always have His faithful "remnant." He has promised that "the gates of Hell will not prevail", and they will not.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mankind discredits miracle after miracle... eventually to explain it all away.

Nothing to see here children. Except the statement of Ozymandias.

As it was in the days before Noah, so shall it be.

Forgive me...

Not all "miracles" are of God. We need to seek discernment as we are in a very real spiritual battle.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am grateful to them then.

Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not sure where you get the idea that "most Protestants don't have worships services on Christmas", many many do. The church I grew up in did.
And many, many do not. Especially non-denominational churches. The church I grew up in did, too.
Not that it even matters what day or special occasion we choose to worship on, or what place, because we worship in "Spirit and in truth."
It's funny that that's the point you picked up on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bishop Oliver Doeme is the Bishop in Africa whom had Jesus appear to Him last year with Christians widely reporting about Jesus Christ our Merciful Saviour requesting that he and Catholic Parishioners in Gods Church pray The Most Holy Rosary for the elimination of Boko Haram away from them and after The Most Holy was prayed and they did not return Bishop Doeme said

"Never mess with our Blessed Virgin Mother"

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God will always have His faithful "remnant." He has promised that "the gates of Hell will not prevail", and they will not.

And yet you deny the presence of Christ in the Eucharist, something unheard of in Christianity for hundreds of years. Why do you think protestants have lost this part of the faith?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In regard to being called "Sola Scriptura", I didn't even know there was such a label until a Catholic friend started telling me that's what I am.

I find it odd that a Christian would criticize a fellow Christian for taking the word of God seriously. It tells me something about the accuser. Honestly, they may lob it as an insult, but I consider it a compliment.

I guess I just took for granted that every Christian believed that the word of God was inspired by Him, and was therefore to be of higher authority than any teachings or traditions of man.

As we continue to read these threads it becomes apparent that such is not the case. Some people's faith is in God alone ("thy will be done"). Others, it appears, put their faith in men who then use scripture as an afterthought to try justifying their beliefs ("my will be done"). I think this is why we see so many incidents of folks citing scripture that doesn't actually support their case (ex. citing Job 5:1 as evidence that we are to pray to saints).

Well, obviously we disagree on the belief that it's not "done correctly" in "Protestant" churches.

I think it's great that there are so many different forms of church service. The very hard line liturgical ceremonies resonate with some folks, so I'm thankful they exist. But for me, I'm more inspired by services that mimic Jesus' ministry of worship and teaching. That's why I attend the church I attend. But I'm certainly not going to wave the heretic flag at anyone who doesn't seek edification the same way I do.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0