Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Which church? No not a lot... talking to a female, is very important. .. I dont talk to the male pastors/ priests
In the Catholic Church, a priest acts in persona Christi (in the person of Christ). It's one reason a woman can't be a priest. It's not possible for the Church to change this dogma. It helps to remember that you aren't confessing to the priest, but to Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In the Catholic Church, a priest acts in persona Christi (in the person of Christ). It's one reason a woman can't be a priest. It's not possible for the Church to change this dogma. It helps to remember that you aren't confessing to the priest, but to Jesus.
You all say that - you arent listening. I dont want a male priest n Im sure lots of women feel exactly the same as me.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You all say that - you arent listening. I dont want a male priest n Im sure lots of women feel exactly the same as me.
It's not about what you want, it's about what God ordained. And God ordained a male-only priesthood. Doesn't mean women are sidelined in the Church. They can still be nuns, parish counselors, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, basically anything except ordained ministers.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not that it matters much, but I didn't say that. I said to take up your concerns with other women who probably feel the same way as you do and see what they have to say.

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rebel Catholic group defies church, ordains woman priest in NC

womanpriest%20%282%29
The pope has already spoken. We may not ordain women, either deacons or priests. Therefore, this is a non-story. Scandalous.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're not Catholic, so I'm sure it doesn't matter, then.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, how is this even news? The "ordination" took place in a non-denominational church by someone without AS. I could just as well hold my own ordination for a new "Catholic" church I am starting in my garage.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The pope has already spoken. We may not ordain women, either deacons or priests. Therefore, this is a non-story. Scandalous.
Hey Root :wave: Yeah, I figured "scandalous" was about right when I first read it. Of course, that's probably why it made the national news ;)

Yours and His,
David

• Agree
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, how is this even news? The "ordination" took place in a non-denominational church by someone without AS. I could just as well hold my own ordination for a new "Catholic" church I am starting in my garage.
I think it's news for a few reasons, 1) because it's "scandalous" (as RoJ just mentioned) 2) because a lot of people think women should be ordained in the RCC and this was a group of Catholics trying to make that happen and 3) because it was actual members of the RCC who did this (or perhaps "former" members of the RCC at this point .. if they've been excommunicated?), but mostly because it's scandalous, I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,166.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Still in all, what you feel must be shared by a lot of Catholic women, and I wonder if you were to put the point before the people on one of the Catholic forums here, what they'd have to say.

I suspect, in the Catholic forums here, you would get answers which abide by the rules of the Catholic forums here, where you can't post against Catholic doctrine.

Talk to Catholic women in real life, though, and it's a very different story. I find that the vast majority with whom I interact express some sentiment of "I wish we had women priests in our church!"

There's a funny anecdote, actually, from when I enrolled my daughter in the local Catholic school. I said to the (female) principal, "You do realise that I'm the local Anglican priest? Is that going to be a problem?" And she looked at me absolutely shocked and said, "No! We believe the same things, and besides, we want women priests anyway!"

(To which I thought, You better not let Father hear you say that... )

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's news for a few reasons, 1) because it's "scandalous" (as RoJ just mentioned) 2) because a lot of people think women should be ordained in the RCC and this was a group of Catholics trying to make that happen and 3) because it was actual members of the RCC who did this (or perhaps "former" members of the RCC at this point .. if they've been excommunicated?), but mostly because it's scandalous, I think.

Good points, and probably right on. As to point 3: they excommunicated themselves when they started the process. Rome has been very clear on this point, so they knew exactly what they were doing. Now, Rome could change positions eventually, similar to what is happening with the SSPX, but this is probably a different case than a traditionalist faction.

Upvote 0