United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Crd. Burke is a brave, brave man. May God bless him, keep him and give him his crown in heaven when he does leave the earth.

I find so much hope through this man of God.

Holy Mary, pray for him. St Joseph, pray for him, St John the Baptist, pray for him, St Paul pray for him. All the saints and prophets in heaven pray for us.
Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There's a certain interpretation of the latest encyclical that would allow for divorce remarriage and communion without either an official annulment or even a priest assessing
That nullity exists.

The Pope has not stated or taught this but he also has not responded to the official request for clarification from the Cardinals. And he has not corrected some Bishops who seem to skew toward it.

So we'll see what happens.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
There's a certain interpretation of the latest encyclical that would allow for divorce remarriage and communion without either an official annulment or even a priest assessing
That nullity exists.

The Pope has not stated or taught this but he also has not responded to the official request for clarification from the Cardinals. And he has not corrected some Bishops who seem to skew toward it.

So we'll see what happens.

Thanks. That is a little clearer than “tolerated concubinage”
Sounds like the title of a inappropriate content flick.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Can anyone explain in layman terms as to what grave errors are believed to been committed by Pope Francis?

The term “tolerated concubinage”. Just does not do it. Lol
Allowing communion to those in a state of mortal sin, such as those committing adultery (divorced and remarried). I'm waiting for clarification on this, withholding judgment until we hear what the Pope has to say. If he says nothing, then I agree he is out of line with Catholic teaching.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Allowing communion to those in a state of mortal sin, such as those committing adultery (divorced and remarried). I'm waiting for clarification on this, withholding judgment until we hear what the Pope has to say. If he says nothing, then I agree he is out of line with Catholic teaching.

I tend to get the feeling that the Pontiff does understand what he is saying. His controversial comments and writing seem to be little trial balloons to gauge reaction. I feel he would like to move the church to the left.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My personal thought is that he has always (even as a Bishop not of Rome) been a big supporter of Collegality with the Bishops...a form of limited co-ownership of some decisions. I think, from what I have seen, that he wants the bishops on either side with their varying degrees of viewpoints to debate it out rather than have Rome weigh in constantly. But frankly...I personally think the time has come for some weighing in officially.

May the Holy Spirit guide all in this.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I tend to get the feeling that the Pontiff does understand what he is saying. His controversial comments and writing seem to be little trial balloons to gauge reaction. I feel he would like to move the church to the left.
Could be. But we can't actually know until he actually EXPLAINS and dang it all he just won't do it.

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Church will not move to the left, or get with the times.
The pope's exhortation is very clear. I've read it twice. I see no ambiguity.

I agree it is clear...sadly some Bishops are running with the one footnote. I thought it was pretty clear that people would be going through deep pastoral counseling and interaction. It is not designed to be...come one come all, free pass at the cost of the Sacrament of Marriage. I think the Cardinals just want that solidly clarified.

Who knows. I have always thought it was clear. But I also do not thing the cardinals are out of line for asking in a Dubium.

Upvote 0