Report: Pope Francis Plans to Remove Cardinal Burke’s Salary and Vatican Apartment Over Perceived Church ‘Disunity’

IcyChain

Nov 22, 2023
Alexandria VA
✟6,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Actually that's a pretty clever response. Make it all about how awful I am.
I would say the criticism is petty not awful. If the vicar of Christ is open to criticism, so is a random person on the internet.
But you said it all when you said "Nor should it come as any surprise to Cardinal Burke that the pope would like him to leave."
If you have a specific point concerning that statement, I suggest that you make it. Writing "you said it all" contains no substance whatsoever. It is simply fluff.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If you have a specific point concerning that statement, I suggest that you make it. Writing "you said it all" contains no substance whatsoever. It is simply fluff.
You said that cardinal Burke should have known pope Francis would be acting against him. Which sort of implied what you denied earlier, that he is on a papal enemies list.

Upvote 0

IcyChain

Nov 22, 2023
Alexandria VA
✟6,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You said that cardinal Burke should have known pope Francis would be acting against him. Which sort of implied what you denied earlier, that he is on a papal enemies list.
I suppose it means what you mean by "papal enemies list". If you mean "a list of people who have expressed consistent opposition to the what the pope has taught or mandated", it could imply that.

If it means "a list of people who have been been previously demoted by Pope Francis" it could imply that.

If it means "a list of people who have publicly criticized Traditionis Custodes and prefer the 1962 missal over the current missal" it could imply that.

If it means "a list of people that Pope Francis feels hatred, personal animosity, or an unjustified anger towards" the statement does not imply that.

If it means a piece of paper written by the pope that states "My enemies" at the top, "Satan" on the first line, and "Cardinal Burke" on the second line, it does not imply that.

Exactly what is your definition of a "papal enemies list"?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I suppose it means what you mean by "papal enemies list". If you mean "a list of people who have expressed consistent opposition to the what the pope has taught or mandated", it could imply that.

If it means "a list of people who have been been previously demoted by Pope Francis" it could imply that.

If it means "a list of people who have publicly criticized Traditionis Custodes and prefer the 1962 missal over the current missal" it could imply that.

If it means "a list of people that Pope Francis feels hatred, personal animosity, or an unjustified anger towards" the statement does not imply that.

If it means a piece of paper written by the pope that states "My enemies" at the top, "Satan" on the first line, and "Cardinal Burke" on the second line, it does not imply that.

Exactly what is your definition of a "papal enemies list"?
I donno. But you do imply that there IS a list. I'd like to see that list. We would know a lot more if we could actually know who is on that list and what it does say at the top of page one.

Upvote 0

IcyChain

Nov 22, 2023
Alexandria VA
✟6,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I donno. But you do imply that there IS a list. I'd like to see that list. We would know a lot more if we could actually know who is on that list and what it does say at the top of page one.
Well, if we do not define what this supposed list means or implies, it has no significance. I will assume that this "papal enemies list" is a list of people that the pope loves and prays for, unless you would like to clarify exactly what it is that you think this imaginary list means or implies.

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,605.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If there is indeed a list you know what that means. Business!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If there is indeed a list you know what that means. Business!
Well I am told pope Francis did not say 'my enemy' about cardinal Burke. Nothing else from pope Francis of what was or wasn't said. Such a list is conjecture at this point.

Even those who are bewildered and dismayed by this pope need to pray for him. Hard. Especially those who are bewildered and dismayed by him.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0