Visit site
✟15,880.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all :wave: I don't know if this is the right forum to be posting this in, but it's related to health, so... ;)

I was wondering if anyone knew some good remedies for car sickness. I have to go on a 2+ hour coach-bus trip tomorrow, and we're no allowed to bring anything electrionic (i.e. cd players, Ipods, and other stuff I would usually use to get my mind off of motion sickness)
I don't literally "get sick", just bad nausea and a sick headache.

I'm open to any suggestions, no matter how crazy! I don't care if your great grandma made it up or if you're a doctor, all help is appreciated!!!! :)

Dagna

Heathen
Nov 14, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟15,910.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Get Dramamine. It'll take care of any motion sickness, although it will probably make you drowsy. You'll just need one and it'll work the whole trip. Sold over the counter at the drug store or grocery store and it definately works. I take the chewable tablets about 15 minutes before I get on an airplane and don't have a single problem.

Upvote 0

LunaLee_16

Contributor
Feb 1, 2006
N/a
Visit site
✟15,880.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, Dagna, I was wondering about how Dramamine would affect me, and during the trip today I would have liked to slept thru most of it!! ;) I just went without reading the whole time (boooooring) and never felt sick.
Maybe next time I'll just take Dramamine instead

Upvote 0

wildlily

~perfumes are the feelings of flowers~
Nov 17, 2008
Bellingham,Washington USA
✟11,749.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only get sick when I can't look out of the front window. I can't read or watch the scenery out the side of the vehicle. Also, my aunts use a bandaide to keep a penny at their wrist and swear by it. Odd, but true.

Blessings, Mare

I need to try it because long miles being a passenger make me sick. I can hardly fly either.

Upvote 0

Paul01

Sinner
Jan 29, 2013
Missouri
✟9,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need to try it because long miles being a passenger make me sick. I can hardly fly either.

Meclizine is supposed to have less intense side effects than some of the other meds. There are also certain oils that can be applied behind the ears that supposedly help the inner ear. A medical doctor recommended them to my mother recently.

Reactions: wildlily
Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know some peppermint essential oil applied on the temples and the back of the neck below the skull works for headaches. I also like putting a dab under each nostril.

Ginger is supposed to be good as well, like brewed in a tea. I would go generous with it if doing so. You could probably find concentrated ginger oil at some health food store or something you could put under your tongue for a quickie.

I recall cranberry tea being good for morning sickness, so that might work too.

Chamomile tea is calming and might be of good use.

Reactions: wildlily
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums