• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Captivating

roggel

Jan 20, 2005
Mankato
✟176.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are so many things that I do every week. So many of them are what I have to do everyweek. However, this week was different. This week I started reading a book by Stasi and John Eldrigde called Captivating. It is the book for women. It is like the book Wild at Heart for Men. This book really spured my thinking, i am reading it with a friend of mine. We both decided we needed to do this together and so we dove right in. This book in the first two chapters was about Beauty, and how women long to be pursued by the men. I liked how in the book they presented the image that God wants to be pursued too. There are so many times that as a women i feel that i have more to give of myself and to myself but never really know what i need to do to get there. I believe that reading this book will really help me figure this out.

Alright but now onto what i am struggling with. My struggle is being paitent with God. This past week i have been yearning for a relationship with a man. I have prayed about it, because i know that it isn't something that i really need right now, i am in nursing school and i am working at a camp all summer long. I don't have time for a relationship.....let alone i don't really have anyone in mind. I was in a serious relationship for 9 months then last June my boyfriend had broken up with me, pretty much for no reason at all. This tore me up inside, i didn't believe i was good enough. I took it out on myself, and i made myself work all the time. This was not a way to live. However i worked passed this, i grew stronger in God than i have ever been, I know that god puts me through these things for a reason. I have a friend who is getting married in June. I would love to have a date for her wedding. If i don't it's ok. I know that i need to be paitent and humble but knowing that, and acting on it are completly two different things.

I don't know what anyone can say to make me feel better or increase my paitents, but i do believe that it is writing/typing it down is a therapy all on its own....:crossrc: Lord help me be paitent with your works.

God Bless,
Lisa